Stay at Home Moms
Options

7months pictured ff on fb

lexusolsenlexusolsen member
edited September 2014 in Stay at Home Moms
Would you send the parents a private message?

**I am crazy fanatical about car seats now more than ever... Trying balance my crazy.
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

7months pictured ff on fb 131 votes

No
21% 28 votes
Yes
69% 91 votes
SS
9% 12 votes

Re: 7months pictured ff on fb

• Options
    I'd send them info, but don't be surprised if they flip shit on you.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    There are some good youtube videos explaining it. I would probably find one and send a quick note to them. If you offend them... Well, the truth hurts I guess.

It's really unsafe to FF at that age and I would have to know I had at least tried.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    @notkateanymore‌ idk. It's a younger cousin who I am not close to and lives states away (and has for many years). I like to think that no one would purposely risk decapitating their child for shits and giggles. But maybe?

I tend to be crazy overprotective (even more than I already was) since the accident. I just wanted to make sure I'm not crossing a line because of my own issues, you know?

• Options
    And you know for sure that the baby is 7 months? I guess it depends on how you want your relationship with them to go...

I find it very hard to believe people don't know to keep an baby under a year RFing but who knows...
  • Options
    Usm123 said:

@lexusolsen‌ I don't think you are though. She's breaking laws and risking her child's life. It's not like she's 3 and you believe she should be ERF. You can use your experience, the laws and maybe a quick video to nicely explain. Some people truly believe if their kid outgrows the seat or hits 20 lbs you can turn them.

This. She is actually breaking the law. Could you send info as a "I don't want you to get a ticket" if you don't think the whole unsafe thing will work?
    photo 3104d09c-3cc7-4177-aed6-da3344fdf17f_zpsbb1f9ce7.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    That's fine what you wrote, but I also like the illegal aspect and telling her you don't want her to get a ticket/get in trouble.
  • Options
    PrimRoseMamaPrimRoseMama member
    edited September 2014
    I like that note. I'm also with kate* about the legal aspect.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I sent the note I typed before kate responded... Guess now we wait and see.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Has she responded? I would have definitely said something. One of our neighbors put up a pic of her daughter FF at 10 months in her "new big girl seat", and I privately emailed her to get her up to speed. Just like you said, she just read the weight requirement and had no idea that it was illegal and extremely unsafe. I'm happy to report they are still RF their now 13 month-old. You never know whose life you might be saving when you speak up (kindly, of course) about these things.
  • Options
    I'm glad you sent that note. And you worded it really nicely! Hopefully they follow your advice (or at least the law) and turn that baby back around! I can't even imagine Drew FF yet and he's almost 19 months!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm glad you sent it!  Maybe she really has no idea, although I couldn't imagine NOT knowing that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    vlagrl29 said:

I'm glad you sent it!  Maybe she really has no idea, although I couldn't imagine NOT knowing that.

My brother was talking about turning my nephew last month. I had a small (internal) panic attack before I calmly told him that the law was one and twenty pounds. He had no idea about the neck issue until I explained it. They just don't research things, they just go off of what their parents say or what they remember.

• Options
    So she has messenger (did you know you can see which of your contacts have it?) and hasn't responded or acknowledged it. At least I know I did what I could. I just hope nothing happens.

• Options

So she has messenger (did you know you can see which of your contacts have it?) and hasn't responded or acknowledged it. At least I know I did what I could. I just hope nothing happens.

You did what you could. Maybe she acknowledged it and just didn't say anything out of embarrassment.
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • Options
    Ugh, that stinks. Hopefully if she is huffy over it she'll still be inspired to do some research and turn that baby around. I had a friend get hyper insulted over carseat advice I gave when she had a petite two year old in a booster and had the shoulder belt routed under the armrest so it turned the shoulder belt into a lap belt. It inspired a "I'm the mother and know how to do things" post.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Well, crap. This is the response cousin sent me today:

Thanks for the link, I know that you're sharing it out of concern for Her and would be heart broken with us of anything happened to her. After reading the link we still believe that having her front facing is safe because she is within the 20-40 lbs range and having her rear facing would cause her legs to be in a compromising position for if we were to get into an accident.

I sent this: I really hope you do some more research. The reason it isn't safe is because their necks aren't strong enough to support their heads. If you even slam on your brakes she could internally decapitate herself. There is a ton of research and demonstration videos on the internet. They learn to cross their legs.

Aside from that, it's illegal. The law is 20 pounds and a year. I promise I'm done sharing though. Let me know if you want help finding more info. Love you.

• Options
    I'm glad you responded to her and I really hope she listens. That's just terrifying.
  • Options
    People are the fricking worst.
  • Options
    Cause potential feeling cramped is better than decapitation [-X

Your response back was nicely well put. Hopefully she realizes that she's breaking the law by switching her that early :(
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • Options
    Does she have a child with extremely long legs? Because my 7 month old is nowhere close to having her legs even remotely touch the back of the seat. Like she would have to have legs 4 or 5 inches longer to even contemplate that as an issue right now.

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• Options
    Yeah dude, my 20 month old's legs aren't even cramped. That's ridiculous. It's a shame that kids have to sometimes pay for their parents' stupidity.

**Nestie Besties with Deutschefairy**

Diagnosed PCOS '03, TTC #1 Since March '09
    BFP - 10/20/10, M/C - 10/29/10
    June 2011 - 50mg Clomid = No O
    Dieted and exercised my butt off for PCOS = BFP 5/7/2012
    Due 12/29/2012
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I had a friend bragging about her son's "big boy seat" (FF car seat) when he was 8 months. I really thought about saying something but never did. I wish I had, though. At least you tried. Sorry she wasn't receptive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"