October 2013 Moms
Options

Help me with a gallery wall

edited September 2014 in October 2013 Moms
We moved into a new house two weeks ago, and I want to do a gallery wall in the living room. The wall is really long and I think it would be the perfect way to utilize the space.

Do any of you have a gallery wall in your house? Can I see pics? Any suggestions for me? We will be hanging a guitar on the wall too (any ideas on how to hang it well @taylormarie923‌?)

First picture is view from the front door. Second is view from the first stair landing.

imageimage    

Re: Help me with a gallery wall

• Options
    Something like this @crunchymama11‌

imageimage    

• Options
    NRyan55 said:

TrackGirl this was helpful:
    https://www.sasinteriors.net/2012/07/useful-ideas-and-layouts-to-create-a-photo-gallery-wall/

I love your wall! All of our good picture hanging real estate is being hogged by windows so we had to go up higher in my house

Thanks! That is a great link

imageimage    

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Something like this @crunchymama11‌

ahhh...I was thinking something similar but different. I just have pictures and not the other wall decor.

Yeah, I want to do some frames and then I have a few small canvas pictures and our guitar to put up. It's just a mess in my mind right now! I have to figure how/where to start.

imageimage    

• Options

We have one! I love it. I did a lot of sketching it out before hand to see what we would need/want.image

It is mostly our travel photos. We need to add some with Kenzie.

(Also those are shadows on the wall, it is not dirty. Haha)

Ahhh! I LOVE the monograms!!

imageimage    

• Options
    I did this once in the bedroom, but probably a little backwards. I had a box of vintage photo frames, and I just started hanging them on the wall in a random but visually appealing design. Once I had them where I wanted them, I went through the photos I wanted and figured out which frames I wanted them in, then ordered prints in the right sizes. I'm not so good at planning ahead, so this worked pretty well for me.
  • Options
    carawasacarawasa member
    edited September 2014
    NRyan55 said:

I'm dumb- what is a gallery wall?

Come on Crunchy, you aren't new here
    https://bit.ly/1tLhHUP

how did you do this

eta: I could google it, but I'm not going to
  • Options
    We have one going up our 2 story stair. I am a more all over the place, random type person so there is no rhyme or reason to ours. And it's our travel wall, so any art/prints/artifacts we get traveling go on this wall. 

I'll have to look for a picture. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Coincidentally, I am working on a gallery wall, too. Kind of farm/family/home theme. Anyways, this is what I have so far. I still need something below that long pic on the right. I have some old pics of my great grandparents on the farm, so I thought about using them. We are getting a sectional this weekend, so I am rearranging my living room.image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Did you do it yet @trackgirlparis‌ ?!
    Here's mine even though I'm late to the party.
    I've always done gallery walls but this is the first time I mixed brown and black etc frames. I like how it turned out.
    I always lay everything on the floor exactly how I think I want it laid out on the wall.
    Once I'm happy with it I take a picture.
    Then I just start hanging. Usually it changes a bit while they're going on the wall because you can see the spots that need something a little better.
    Can't wait to see the finished product! ‌ image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Love it @elllaf‌ ! And no, no where near being done. Just in the early stages, so I was looking for inspiration :) I'll send you the pic once it's done though!

imageimage    

• Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"