Baby Showers

What is considered a lot of people for a baby shower?

I made a quick list of basically very close friends, family and a handful of co-workers and came up with a list of 44. Is that too many?

Re: What is considered a lot of people for a baby shower?

• Ditto, @Idani.  To me, that sounds pretty excessive.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'll ditto ask the host what she was thinking of. If she was thinking of a small at-home shower, then, yes, that seems like too much.

Also, take into account what you've seen at showers for friends and family. Mine does pretty small at home things, I've never been to one at a hall or restaurant, so, for me or my family (and I have a big family, but it's not a wedding, so not everyone is invited to a shower) that would be a lot.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yup, talk to the host. Just because she offered a shower doesn't mean she has to host EVERYONE. If her # is a lot lower, then focus on having a "friend" shower or a "family" shower. If someone in the other 'group' wants to attend a shower, hopefully they'll step up and offer to host oen. But if they don't, then they don't.

Also - while your list doesn't seem crazy as far as the groups go, showers aren't "invite everyone I know" events. They are meant to be your closest friends and family. If your coworkers aren't people you see outside of work, then cut them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"