January 2014 Moms
Options

How many "meals"?

I know you BLWers are probably giving food to practice with multiple times a day, but how often are the jar feeders giving food? We were just doing fruit/cereal in the morning and a stage 2 or 3 jar in the evening, but M's nanny kept asking me about adding a "lunch". I conceded this week and he's doing fine with it so far, eating 1/2 jar of veg. early afternoon. Just curious what everyone else is doing?
-----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

Re: How many "meals"?

• Options
    DD has her cereal in the morning and a fruit or veggie later in the day. Her dietician said that this is fine or she could have a third "meal" if we wanted to.

• Options
    DS has fruit around 10am, then veg around 2 or 3pm, then he has cereal mixed with fruit around 6pm.
    image image
    Married 8/9/13
    Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Abby has cereal with fruit about 8am, a veggie about 11-noon and then a dinner (like veg/chicken combo) around 5. She usually eats a whole container (about 3.5oz) for lunch and dinner. Not sure if she gets the whole fruit one at daycare. I think so. Plus puffs. Girl loves puffs.

I'm 33 DH is 36 
    Married 6/27/2009 Together since 10/22/2005
    TTC since 8/2010 (off BCP since 8/2009) 
    Unexplained Infertility
    8/2011, 1/2012, 3/2012 IUI #1-3 BFN 
    6/2012 IVF#1 BFN, 8/2012 IVF#2 FET BFN, 11/2012 IVF#3 BFP
    12/10/2012 U/S #1 6w4d - heartbeat  EDD 8/1/13 
    12/26/2012 U/S #2 8w6d - No more heartbeat, MMC; D&C; Chromosome testing normal; male :( RPL testing normal 
    4/3/2013 DX Asherman's Syndrome caused by D&C, hysteroscopy done
    June 2013 IVF #4 planned 
    5/12/2013 SURPRISE BFP! Natural cycle 
    7/11/2013 Panorama results Normal!!! Team Pink, partial previa moved up in 2nd tri9/5/13 (19w) AS scan shows short cervix, 2.5 cm 9/19 (21w)  Cervix is worse 1.87cm, bed rest 10/26 & 10/27 steroid shots 12/19 (35w) DX: SGA Baby went from 57% percentile to 18th percentile in 6 weeks. Weekly BPP and NST until she is here. 1/17/18 Growth scan puts Abby below 10th percent in size, low amniotic fluid, and less movement. Time to induce!
    1/18/14 2:11am Abigial Morgan is here! 5lbs 14oz and 18 inches of pure cuteness!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Cereal for breakfast with some diced fruit, 1 jar at lunch with some finger food style veggies, 1 jar a at dinner and a few nibbles of whatever we are eating. This kid would eat around the clock if I'd let him.

Married July 14, 2012

Hudson - January 7, 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I do a fruit and our cereal in the am and when we eat she eats. Typically a veggie. But lately she is still hollering for more food so I give her a banana.

She's been a hungry girl lately after every bite she will scream and open her mouth like she Is reminding us she is not done.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Options
    We do oatmeal and a fruit or just a fruit for bk, a veggie a lunch and a veggie and meat at supper. She's not a huge eater still so she eats 2-4 tbsp per "meal". Finger foods still don't make it to her mouth. Although she ate a mum mum on her own yesterday!
  • Options
    We do approx 2-3 ounces of a meal 3x a day. I incorporate finger foods at all meals along with purees or a coarsely chopped up meal. I do a breakfast about an hour after her morning bottle, a lunch about an hour and a half after she has her mid morning bottle and then we do an early dinner immediately after her second nap (around 3:30-4pm) followed by a small bottle. Then we have a night time bottle at 7pm. 
  • Options
    We are doing rice cereal in morning after his 2nd bottle(9am) And 1/2 a stage 1 container of a fruit and veggie around 5pm. He also still gets 6 5oz bottles a day==30oz. Of formula. I'm thinking about adding another fruit or veggie for afternoon also like around 1pm
    I'm also going to start the stage 2 foods next week. He's getting more hungry cause he burns so many calories crawling and playing. Busy boy.
  • Options
    I'll give you the full amounts but remember, it's for two babies

8 oz of puréed fruit with either oatmeal, cottage cheese, or yogurt for breakfast

Lunch varies a lot, sometimes it's puréed veggies with rice or beans sometimes avocado and cheese or tomatoes

Dinner is a lot like lunch but add in some kind of meat usually but not always

imageimage

• Options
    We do an egg for breakfast. Sometimes oatmeal and fruit. And some kind of veggie for dinner. If we get it together to make dinner early enough, I'll offer her something off my plate. She's not a huge fan of purees. She likes texture and to do it herself. I didn't start off intending to do so much BLW, but she seems to have chosen for me. It's funny, if I do feed her a jar of pureed food, she will turn her whole body away from me until she's ready for a bite. God forbid I try to spoon it in when she's not ready. :)
    This is my DD to a T. She will divert her attention away from the food and over the side of her highchair and pretend I nor the spoon exist until she is ready.

She absolutely prefers feeding herself as well. We do a ton of different finger foods with every meal. She basically has no interest in smooth purees anymore, so I've been chopping up different meals of ours and feeding her those in with her purees. I've got all these purees I need to use up. If its got texture or she can feed it to herself, she's into it. Once all my frozen cubes and jars of purees are gone, I think we'll be done with traditional baby food. 
  • Options
    Rebis58Rebis58 member
    edited September 2014
    I pre-make food (I just steam cut up fruit or veggie and then mash it up. Then freeze individual portions into an ice cube tray and store in big zip lock bags. I usually bulk prepare food over a weekend once a month or so. Way cheaper than jar food!) I usually leave little chunks in the mixture on purpose so she gets used to different textures and learns to "chew". 

I do three meals a day. Usually I offer something solid for her to feed herself (soft fruit like nectarines/apricots or steamed veggies) and then I defrost 2-3 cubes of fruit or veggie to feed her. Sometimes (once a week-ish) I puree some chicken in with a veggie. 

ETA: Not sure if it's important/relevant, but I also make sure to breastfeed her first so that I know she's still getting milk as her primary nutrition
  • Options
    DD usually gets 3 meals a day. Oatmeal with fruit for breakfast, a veggie for lunch, and then dinner is a veggie, fruit if she still seems hungry, or some of what we are eating. She also gets puffs, yogurt drops, and Cheerios occasionally but I think most of those end up on the floor for the dog at this point.
  • Options
    @danaadell we do anything I can think of- diced frozed veggies are perfect size for her so we do those. Bananas, cheerios, puffs, chicken, mangoes, cut up ravioli, sticky rice globs, broccoli, toast pieces with peanut butter, hard boiled egg, scrambled egg, pancakes with a bit of maple syrup (i know...bad..but she loves it), bacon pieces (the crispy pieces are best)....basically anything you can put into bite size pieces. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"