High-Risk Pregnancy

Cerclage at 18 weeks/2.8 CM

Hey All, I posted several week ago about my first time seeing a high-risk OB due to incompetent cervix after cone biopsy, and after 6 weeks of seeing them, my regular OB has made the decision to go ahead and do a cerclage. When I first saw the high-risk OB, my cervix was 3.5, which was good, and 2 weeks later it was at 3.2. I just saw them yesterday and it had gone down to 2.8. The high-risk OB isnt concerned, but my regular OB would rather be safe than sorry and go ahead and do the cerclage this Friday. Has anyone else had experience doing this while the cervix is in the 'normal' range? I would rather be safe that sorry also, just nervous about the procedure. Any advice for getting rid of jitters?

Re: Cerclage at 18 weeks/2.8 CM

• Cerclage is a simple stitch, cervical stitch, to prevent further preterm shortening of cervix.
    I have undergone this 4 weeks back under general anesthesia. Got discharged from hospital the same day, had been on bed rest for 3 weeks. Only mild pain after procedure, completely manageable.
    Now I'm alright, resumed job this week at week 30. Best wishes and healthy thoughts your way. No worries!
  • I had a preventive cerclage done in July I was also discharged from the hospital the same day, I didn't have any bed rest but DH and I are restricted from intercourse. I of very two weeks to have my cervix checked and everything is good. You will be fine best of luck to you and the baby
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a preventive cerclage done in July I was also discharged from the hospital the same day, I didn't have any bed rest but DH and I are restricted from intercourse. I of very two weeks to have my cervix checked and everything is good. You will be fine best of luck to you and the baby

all of this exactly
    Trenton Elijah born three weeks early due to pre-e on April 14, 2011. Weighing 6lbs 6.3oz, 18 inches long.

Cameron Jacob (CJ) came early @ 25w4d on November 16, 2012 due to placenta abruption and incompetent cervix . Weighing 1lb 15.5oz, 14 inches long. 

Expecting a winter baby. Stay put LO!
  • Thanks ladies, finally home after the surgery. It went well but was a bit rough. Just glad it's over and baby has been moving around a lot today so that makes me feel better!
  • I've had the same experience as pookiesprize. Had the preventive done at thirteen weeks and about two and ahalf cm. No bed rest but I have an office Job . Delivered at thirty nine weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"