2nd Trimester
Options

15 Weeks Today and Still Nervous....

So I've never had any issues at any of my appointments, but I still get so nervous that something is going to go wrong....Maybe I will be more comforted once I can feel this little one moving.  How do you ladies deal with that feeling of anxiousness?

Re: 15 Weeks Today and Still Nervous....

• Options
    Ditto that. I am on #3 and I feel like I am more nervous this time around than I was with my other pregnancies. 
    Luckily we are in the middle of selling and buying a house, the move is in a few weeks and I have a bunch of other things going on to keep my mind busy all day... however, come night time and I start to wind down the panic sets in. I do think that once I start to feel some regular movement I'll be able to fall asleep a little easier each night. Good luck! You're not alone!
  • Options
    @my4pups‌ thanks!! I do remember feeling nervous with my daughter, but even though she was perfectly fine, it doesn't seem to take away my nervousness this time. I just can't seem to wait for each doctor's appointment.just so I can hear that heart beat and have that reassurance again.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I felt the same way as you!  To get through the waiting time until I felt movement (which wasn't till 18-19 weeks) I trusted that baby was growing since I felt good with my body and wasn't feeling pain/cramping.  I felt the baby kick from the outside for the first time at 22 weeks and now my hubby can feel him :) 

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Im fully aware that what ever is going to happen, is going to happen.  I don't dwell on the negative.  I enjoy every part of my pregnancies in that moment.  That's not to say I wouldn't be sad if something happened, I would.  But, dwelling on things that haven't happened steals the joy out of the now.  
  • Options

@my4pups‌ thanks!! I do remember feeling nervous with my daughter, but even though she was perfectly fine, it doesn't seem to take away my nervousness this time. I just can't seem to wait for each doctor's appointment.just so I can hear that heart beat and have that reassurance again.

I've thought about getting a home Doppler for when I'm in a panic and I just need to hear the heartbeat. But I think that could probably lead to even more stress if I wasn't able to find it for some reason. So for now, I'm going to just channel my stress into coming up with a name... I'm completely at a loss!!
  • Options
    I used to get really nervous before my OB appointments. I mean most of the time I would cry the day before and it was just really scary for me. Then I realized the problem was that I wasn't receiving care from someone I felt comfortable with or trusted. I switched to a midwife practice at 12 weeks and have been nothing but excited for my appointments since then. I bonded with my midwives... I can talk to them, hug them, etc. and I get a lot of one on one time which is important for me as a first time mom. I know if I went in and something awful happened like no heartbeat, they would be able to comfort me. My OB was a female and really good as far as OBs go, but we just didn't mesh during pregnancy. I like having a care provider I can call anytime I need to and having hour long one on one appointments. 

So all I mean is try to think about why you have these feelings. Consider a new care provider if you think that could help. You can also try someone else out along side your current provider and ultimately stick with who you have. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'll be 28 weeks on Sunday and still get nervous. I blame it on PgAL brain. I ordered a home doppler and it gave me reassurance especially before I was able to feel her. I would use it every few days or so. Now that I am further along and get regular movements I don't use the doppler very often. I don't think I'll be not nervous until she welcomes her way into the world. However, as nervous as you may be, definitely try to enjoy your pregnancy. Best wishes.
    BFP #1 - 12.25.13 // MMC - 01.23.14
    BFP #2 - 03.27.14 // EDD - 12.07.14

• Options

I'm 26 weeks today and felt the same exact way.  I was TTC for 2.5 years before we finally did IVF.  We couldn't afford to do IVF on our own and were lucky enough to have a doctor who made us part of a study, which made the cost 1/10 of what it would be normally.  Due to this, we felt we had a once in a lifetime chance.  When the IVF worked we were so ecstatic, but I felt anxiety before every appt.  It would abate after the appt, but then proceed to build until it was at its peak again before the next appt.  I didn't feel any movement until recently, but found out it's due to having an anterior placenta.  The anxiety died down a little after we hit 12 weeks, then a little more the further along we got.  By now I think any anxiety I feel is normal FTM nerves. 

BabyFruit Ticker TTC since 11/2011 Me: Hypothyroid & PCOS DH: 0% morphology IVF #1 - transfer on 4/2/14 BFP 4/11/14 beta 161 EDD: 12/19/14 It's a GIRL! AnaSophia (Sophie; Soph the Loaf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I got a home doppler the Angelsounds jumper. I used it before I felt movement now and then. I was very worried this pregnancy. Not for any reason other than a feeling. It was cheap, easy to use and easy to find the heartbeat. It also gave me the opportunity for my 3 and 4 year old to hear it and my H. Like pp mentioned I hardly use it at all now that I can feel movement.
  • Options
    I am worried all the time. Especially cause I have had little to no symptoms. I was 15 weeks and have only had the fatigue in the first trimester. Just have to remember that you body knows what it is doing and as long as you don't show any signs of miscarriage you are okay.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"