July 2012 Moms
Options

Sleep Issues

I know we've discussed this in the past, but I suck at the Search function... If someone has links to discussions they know they posted in the past, please feel free to refer me to them.

Tumaini has generally well adapted to her baby brother, except bedtime has become a nightmare. We've always stayed with her till she fell asleep, sitting beside her bed and holding her hand or rubbing her back. It used to be a 20 minute affair but this last week it has become a TWO HOUR thing. There's no way we can keep that up, and I can't handle CIO.

I was thinking of slightly changing her routine and adding storytime before bedtime. We could cuddle in the chair while we read, if she wanted to chat she could do it then for a couple of minutes, and then, once in her bed, we would leave and tell her that we'd come back and see her every five minutes if she stays in her bed. We'd go in, tap her on the back, tell her we love her and that everything is okay, but she needs to sleep and we'll play in the morning.

Is it too soon after baby to make such a change? Does anyone have better suggestions? Or does Spark ship to Canada?
Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

Re: Sleep Issues

• Options
    I like the idea of story time to wind down and cuddle. We usually read to Dagny for 10-15 min then rock for a couple min then in the crib. And maybe lengthen intervals...5 min then 10 then 15?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'll talk it over with H later today, but I think we'll try it out over the week-end and see how it goes.

She has a Twilight Ladybug also, but we haven't used it in months. I'll ask H to put new batteries in it tonight.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"