Multiples
Options

Those with young children and twins

There may be no way to answer this but my two singletons just started preschool and pre-K and I'm paranoid about them bringing home sickly germs to the twins. Any way to help prevent this? Did you stay on top of hand washing? Rules for touching the babies? I'm just curious what other moms of young kids and infants did, if anything. My DD got pneumonia at 11 days old so I think I'm just extra paranoid. TIA!

Re: Those with young children and twins

• Options
    saskysasky member
    edited September 2014
    I'm having the same fear. We are diligent about hand washing as soon as we get home. DS1 can't touch anything until he does. We haven't been as strict about hand sanitizer lately (I'm not that crazy about the stuff), but now that we're heading into flu season I'll have it attached to me.

This might sound crazy, but he and I have a cup of OJ every morning. I really think the vitamin C is good for the immune system.

He is very affectionate with the babies. So when he's sick, or if we know one of his friends was sick, we have to be clear that he can only touch their piggies.

We just got over a nasty virus that hit all of us, including the twins. They had fevers up to 103 at times. It was horrible and scary. So now I'm extra paranoid.

Baby Boy #1 born 1/15/2010

Babies #2 & #3 arriving Spring 2014 (EDD June 18)

• Options
    My DD IS 6 and DS IS 4 and I am CRAZY about hand washing. I also have hand sanitizer all around the house but DH and I are constantly ** reminding the big kids to wash their hands. I do encourage them to tough the babes....but their feet- not their hands or face! I also remind the big kids that the babes can see them better if they stand a little further away and not vet lright in their face. :) Good luck!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"