October 2012 Moms

almost there... (thursday!)

The week is almost done! Its been a week.

I had some jacked up dreams last night. Due to said jacked up dreams, I will be sorely disappointed if Steven Spielberg's house does not include secret passageways that lead into an entire secret underground wing, and a floor to ceiling aquarium in the basement, and also a blacksmithy. Apparently in my dream I was teying to buy his house and all of this was included.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies

Re: almost there... (thursday!)

• I have been sick the last few days.  DD has mostly watched TV while I sat miserably on the couch.  Now today I'm feeling a bit better but it's raining outside, so we'll just sit around for another day.

DH's arthritis is really bad today, besides his knees his right index finger is all swollen and stiff- he's a computer programmer and it's his bus time at work. :( so that sucks.  He was at the doctor's last week and he's going to start on a new medication where he goes to the office and gets an infusion every month.  Which is kinda perfect because then he won't forget to take it.  The shitty part is waiting for insurance to approve it- like he needs it now but has been waiting a week in pain.  
  • I'm sick too.  I lost my voice. DS2 is still not sleeping well. But DS1 did not step on him this morning so I have decided if he wants to sleep on the floor I'm not going to mess with him.  I might borrow a toddler nap mat and see if he will sleep on that - however, If it is the floor he wants so be it.  Getting both boys hair cuts this weekend.  I have a business trip in a week an a half and then we are flying to the ILs for 5 days.  Lots of packing and preparing to do.  Took some muxinex hopefully I will feel better soon.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Where were you all on 9/11 13 years ago?

• @BabyCarryingVessel‌ I woke up to my dad watching it on the news. I was really confused and asked him why he was watching a movie. He just kind of looked at me sadly and said he wasn't. It took me a few minutes to process that.

Oct Angel Babies
  • I was studying for a test in my masters of OT program. It was crazy because I ignored the first few people who told me about it. Because they told me it was a bomb and I thought it was more in line with the earlier attack on the wtc. Then another group came by and said it was multiple planes.
    The whole medical center. Premed, nurses and nursing students, doctors, professors, ot and pt all sat around the one big screen tv on campus in the cafeteria and watched It all unfold.

My uncle was set to be at the wtc that afternoon. My step sis was in New York on a Broadway tour. My bff's husband worked at the pentagon. I was worried about a lot of ppl that day. All of them were ok.

Tears and all, our professor still made us take that stupid test.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • DD woke up too early today so we have been cuddling on the couch watching toy story (her latest favorite) and I have been zoning in and out of sleep. I forgot how tired you are in the first trimester!

@navyandviolet‌ I loved those Polly pockets! I wish I still had some.
  • @BabyCarryingVessel‌ this tells how young I am (not the youngest here though) I was in 7th grade in jr high. Had no idea really what happened. My mom had the news on before school but I can't remember our conversation. Someone talked a little bit about the pentagon at the bus stop and I tried to pretend to know what they were talking about. We watched tv all day at school in all of my classes. Some kids were hysterical, some went home. Watching more news at home that night I remember being really scared and I still don't like watching all the footage on the anniversary days.
  • Anchorage is a military city too. Most of my friends had family in the air force and everyone, essential personnel or not, was on high alert. Base was locked down. No civilians of any kind (other than spouses/family) were allowed on, even employees. I was a senior in high school.

Oct Angel Babies
  • I was a junior in college. I didn't have any classes until noon, and worked second shift, so I was sleeping. My mom called and woke me up after the first plane hit. I remember thinking something must really be wrong because she sounded just sick. I was watching live when the second plane hit. I remember the news anchor ( Katie couric, I think) being like, what was that? I went to my classes. We did nothing but watch tv.
  • I was a junior in high school. I just came out of my gym class and was headed to my Global Studies class. My teacher put the news on and we just watched the coverage for the whole class period.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• @NavyandViolet My parents have most of my old Polly Pockets. I had a ton as a kid, but I think they got rid of a lot of them. There are some left that my niece plays with when she's there.

• I had just graduated HS in June of that year and was working at a grocery store as the scanning cordinator and bookkeeper. I was one of the first people into the store to open the store and change out the ad signs.  I didn't even know anything was going on until the store manager ran past me crying mumbling something about a plane. The 6 of us in the store at the time all ran to the camera bar and watched it all on the little tv we had.  My mom called me shortly after the first plane had hit to tell me that our family was ok who live in NY. The really scary part is my mom had just returned from a trip to NY and had stood in the courtyard of the two buildings two days before it happened.

• It's my niece's appt today. There is nobody else in the waiting room so I am letting Alice have run of the place. She is being reasonably quiet and behaving quite well. Im impressed!

Of course now as I write this the squealing has started. Go figure.

Oct Angel Babies
  • I got called today to pick up puker mcpukes today at school, because well... he puked. I don't get it. He hasn't puked since Monday and hasn't had a runny diaper since Tuesday morning. I thought he was over this! Poor buddy :(

Also, pray for me....it's going to be a REALLY long car ride tomorrow if this keeps up!

• Junior in high school. Was in Chemistry class taking a test and the called the kid across from me down to the office.  His dad worked in a different WTC building and mom was calling to let him know dad was okay.  He came back to class and told me about it- 2 planes hit the WTC, I thought he meant like collided in air then hit them.  A few minutes later our principal came on the loudspeaker and told everyone. TV was on in school for the rest of the day.  We lived about an hour train ride out of NYC, so a lot of people from the area commute into NYC for work.
  • I'm really bummed. I got called for an interview for a job at a local university today. They want me to come in tomorrow, which I couldn't do if I tried. A) I have no one to watch my kids this short notice and B )I have to leave at 4am to drive to PA since my cousin's wedding is Saturday. I told her I'm going to be out of town until the 21st, and the secretary (for the hiring manager) kind of acted like that wasn't going to work. This is the worst timing ever. I've been looking for a job for 2.5 years.

I suppose I could come back earlier than the 21st, but it would make me really sad. Honestly, if they aren't going to be able to wait 11 days to interview me, it's not the right job for me. I find it really odd that they called to interview me the next day. Almost always it's about a week of advanced notice.

• @GoGoGadgetWine‌ I don't feel like I remember much either. I don't think I really understood what was happening being that young. I think before I went to school I knew and watched that a plane crashed into it. Didn't know it was terrorism until school.
  • I was a junior in highschool going from gym to English class. I remember hearing about it happening and then we turned on the news when I was in chemistry class.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• My phone won't charge :( have to take it to get a loaner tomorrow.
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• @hismom12 I did read the reviews. I purchased it from Kohls and got the 3T/4T as everyone said the sizing runs small . I should have it by next week so I can let you know if it fits.

• I have a warranty hoping they will replace my phone. The inside indicator didn't bleed to show it got wet so it should be covered.
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• That sucks about the job, @Rachelilly23‌. Though it is odd they are looking for the very next day.
  • mbm1983 said:
    @chricast‌ Sounds like you need a Samsung galaxy s5. It's waterproof. ;)

I know I don't have an upgrade until next year! My husband is due but he won't let me use his upgrade! Meany!
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• @mbm1983 I am swoony over my nephew's S5. I can't upgrade till May. Maybe they'll have the 6 by then! ;)

Oct Angel Babies
  • Apparently Casper didn't leave when she said bye bye. She's still in there whining. What the hellllllllll. She was rubbing her eyes and falling asleep at 6:30! I pushed it to 7:40 then put her to bed. Now it's 8:45. Go the eff to sleep.

Oct Angel Babies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"