Multiples

One hour glucose test tomorrow!

I have my 1 hour glucose test tomorrow. :p I got the earliest appointment I could get and was told not to eat for two hours before the test. This means I have a choice... wake up an hour or so early (6am) so I have time to take my thyroid meds, wait a half hour, eat and be finished before 7am. Or I can forget about eating and sleep in an hour (8am) take my thyroid meds and try and trick my tummy hunger with water. So it comes down to do I eat or sleep..... eat or sleep....
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: One hour glucose test tomorrow!

• In my instructions for the glucose test it says not to eat within 2 hrs of the test. I've taken it 3x and this was the first time I actually got instructions. So I ate at 7am took test at 9am. I passed and actually had lower numbers than with my son at 26 wks.
    Diagnosed MFI- low sperm count  
    DS-Born 7/27/11 After 2 years of IF we have our little man
    TTC#2 January 2013
    11 Medicated cycles gave us
    B/G Twins born 10/8/14 @ 32 weeks
  • I got up at 6am, took my thyroid meds and waited the 30 minutes I have to wait before eating after that. Ate a tasty egg, cheese, and bacon omelet making sure to be done by 7am for my 9am test. Test went pretty well.... I felt a little quesy about half way through the wait and the back of my skull went numb, but it subsided after about 10 minutes. I came home and drank a big glass of milk and am feeling right as rain..... albeit a bit tired. Overall I am glad I gave up some sleep to eat. :) I really hope I pass the test!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I wasn't told to fast at all with the test. Mine was last week and I felt totally fine after. Passed with flying colors. Good luck:-)

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Hopefully all went well with the test and you passed easily.
    Diagnosed MFI- low sperm count  
    DS-Born 7/27/11 After 2 years of IF we have our little man
    TTC#2 January 2013
    11 Medicated cycles gave us
    B/G Twins born 10/8/14 @ 32 weeks
  • Ugh.... I hate this test! Good to know you don't have to fast anymore. I had to fast with my firstborn & it was a miserable experience.
  • Just want to suggest making sure you eat some protein and not too many carbs, stay away from fruit or juice. I had GD.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"