Breastfeeding

Soooo tired and pissed off (long)

I have an ebf 6mo LO. She was bottle fed for her 1st 3wks in the nicu (liked "fast food" and nursing was hard work!). She finally latched and we are bf pros. BUUUT now she will NOT take a bottle or a paci. She shows interest in both and will chew/gnaw/gum the nipples, but WONT SUCK. We've tried different bottles, nipples, straws, sippy cups, regular cups, daddy feeding, grandma feeding, etc. Shes still up every 2-3hrs at night and never STTN. Because of her bottle refusal, I get little help from daddy. When he does (begrudgingly) try, I end up getting up anyway bc she won't eat from the bottle and cries, and he gets pissed about getting up for nothing to the point that he doesn't want to get up to help out at night. I have accepted that she is high needs, but I could use 4hrs of uninterrupted sleep - im beginning to feel resentful of both of them; her for using me as a 24/7 paci, and him for his bad attitude about "helping" at night. Maybe I need advice and suggestions - maybe I just need to vent. I feel like my life would really benefit if she would just take a flipping bottle once in awhile. Help!! I could cry with the exhaustion and guilt of feeling so frustrated with a 6mo old! Am I being a total witch?!

Re: Soooo tired and pissed off (long)

• I have heard to try the bottle in the morning because everyone's in a better mood. Maybe try that if you haven't.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• I know with bf babies you usually use a low-flow nipple, but maybe you could try a higher flow nipple so she starts getting the milk right away.  And I'm sorry about your hubby's crappy attitude- I think men just don't realize how much work a mom does.  Monday night at my house involved me yelling at my DH: "You've gotten up with the baby one time in three weeks, so suck it up!"
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh sweetie! Been there, still a human paci. It is so hard and unfortunately, I have no advice. Just ((hugs))
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It took my friend quite a few weeks to get her LO to drink from a bottle, but just stick with it and she will eventually drink out of one!  As PP mentioned, morning time is supposed to be a good time to try the bottle.  Also, guys don't understand what it takes, so definitely talk to him about it!  Maybe have him take over during one of his days off so you can get a few hours of sleep even during the day.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"