Pregnant after IF

I want to cry after talking to my RE's nurse/ Advice appreciated

LO95LO95 member
edited September 2014 in Pregnant after IF
Guys, I had the nastiest experience with a nurse at my RE's office today.

After seeing all of your responses to my question about when to stop progesterone I called the IVF line to ask about why I'm stopping Progesterone.  Her response to me was, "You don't need it."  It was so short that it really didn't leave room for discussion, but I pressed on.  It went a little like this:

Me: "Well, I surround myself with infertility friends and many of them are concerned for me because they don't understand why I'm going off this so soon."
Nurse: "Everyone is different.  They're doing different things than you."
Me: "Well, I have a friend down the hall from me at work right now who just did IVF and was on progesterone until 11 weeks."
Nurse: "You're a fresh cycle. She was probably frozen." (No, she wasn't but I didn't argue this.)
Me: "Okay, could I at least do a blood draw to check my level?"
Nurse: "No, that won't do anything."
Me: "So I can't even figure out what my level is right now?"
Nurse: "That won't do anything."
Me: "Okay, I guess I'm just concerned about this and not understanding why I can't stay on progesterone. If something goes wrong between now and stopping this early I will have to live with that and I just don't want to risk it."
Nurse: "Most people are just happy to go off progesterone."
Me: "Yeah, but I don't mind taking it if I need it...."
Nurse: "Dr. _____ would never do anything to hurt you or your baby. He must have liked what he saw.  You had a strong heartbeat.  It's fine."
Me: "Okay, I guess I'm just wondering if I can stay on it anyway."
Nurse: "This is what we do every day.  We do this every day."
Me: "I'm not trying to be snarky with you, but I am genuinely concerned about this."
Nurse: "Okay, why don't you just take one pill a night then until you run out?"
Me: "Does this cause birth defects? Why did Dr. ____ say to stop taking it immediately?"
Nurse: "You're fine.  Just take one a night until you run out."

WHAT THE HELL, guys?!  Did you notice in that convo that my question was never answered.  "Why am I stopping?" NEVER answered.

In the meantime I had my work friend call her IVF office for me and her (nice) nurse's words were: "We don't like you to go off until the placenta can take over.  So we recommend 10 weeks."

WHAT THE HELL!?

I'm at a loss.  Do  I use the refill on the bottle and go get more and take the same dose anyway?  Do I call and demand to talk to the doctor.  I was in tears at the end of this and I know I won't sleep tonight.  I guess I would just take the meds and say screw them, but God forbid something happens and I went against advice I would always question that too.  I'm just pissed that I have to be a researcher here.

Me: 27 DH: 27

October 2013: Endo erosion/ Clear HSG

March 2014: SA #1/  2%morph, borderline sperm count, decent motility

June 2014: SA#2/  2% morph, low sperm count, worse motility

Plan: "Quick Start IVF"/antagonist protocol with Follistim, Ganirelix, Ovidrel and progesterone suppositories (yay)

High AMH (11) and Low BMI= low doses of everything to prevent OHSS

July 27, 2014: Started Follistim injections for ten days

July 31, 2014: U/S= 20 follicles, 8.5 lining, E2 is good, Ganirelix for 4 days starting 8/2

August 4, 2014: 14 follicles on-track, good lining, Trigger 8/6

August 9, 2014: 9 ICSIed/ 5 embryos; aiming for a 5dt on 8/13

August 13, 2014: 5DT of 1 4BA almost-hatching blastocyst (Please hang in, Little Bug!)

August 14, 2014: We have 3 frosties! Hope they're having fun hanging out together. :)

August 23, 2014: Beta #1: 144 8/23/14: Beta #2: 374 Beta 8/25/14  Beta #3: 6,600 9/3/14

September 9, 2014: Ultrasound #1 115 heartbeats per minute

September 23, 2014: Ultrasound #2 182 heartbeats per minute 

September 26, 2014: Love my OB's office

October 10, 2014: Our baby looks like a baby and is moving all over!  

December 8, 2014: Anatomy scan- It's a girl! 

"Hope strengthens.  Fear kills."- Karen Marie Moning

"Heaviness is only temporary; the daylight will soon break in."- needtobreathe

Re: I want to cry after talking to my RE's nurse/ Advice appreciated

• I'm sorry they won't give you an answer. I was always told that you stay on until the placenta takes over, and that makes sense.

If I were you, I would keep taking the progesterone until 10 weeks. You may be fine to stop now, but it's the 'what if' that would make me stay on it.

I'm sorry she was nasty. You shouldn't be expected to take medical advice without understanding the why behind the decision.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • According to recent journal papers, stopping it early should not affect much if the baby is healthy. But I really don't like the nurse's way of treating you. You SHOULD demand to talk to the doctor or call back and ask to speak to another nurse. I'd write a letter of complaint if I were you, bring it over to the office and handed to the doctor or whomever is the senior physician.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Being that they never checked your levels, I'd just keep taking the progesterone until 10 weeks.

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
    IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
    IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
    Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
    Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)
  • I was a fresh cycle and my numbers were never checked and I stayed on it for 11 weeks

(though, I am alot older, which I hear does affect how much is produced)
    ===siggy warning====
    Me: 40, DH: 42
    Diagnosis: PCOS
    TTC: May 2013
    TX: IUI #1 with Follistim. Canceled due to too many follicles (10 + that were large); BENCHED
    IVF #1 March 6. 14 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized. 
    March 11, 4 eggs transferred.
    March 21 BFP  :) Beta #1 457, Beta #2 1350, Beta #3 9619. 
    Due Date November 27, 2014
    TEAM BLUE

• I'm sorry she wouldn't give a medical answer for stopping. There is no way I would stop progesterone this early. I have no issue with self medicating in this situation. I'd refill the script and keep taking. I have been known to increase my p4 dosage when I felt it was necessary.. I just wouldn't tell them.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• I was a fresh cycle and my numbers were never checked and I stayed on it for 11 weeks

(though, I am alot older, which I hear does affect how much is produced)
    See? And this is what my IVF friend down the hall from me at work did.  I asked her very specifically if they were concerned at her office about her ODing and she said "no, they never checked" her levels and she was on 1 200mg in the morning and 1 200mg at night just like me!

My sister-in-law is a nurse practitioner and while she doesn't know anything about IVF she said it concerns her that the doctor said to stop immediately.  She said it's not a good idea to keep taking something after a doctor said to stop taking it.  She then said that the nurse was an idiot for saying to just take one if it makes me feel better because she's basically going against the physician's order.  Her advice is to call the doctor, but I hate this so much because I know he's going to be pissed that I called him.

I guess this just further confirms though that this nurse was so off today when my sister-in-law is calling her out on making that comment.

Plan: "Quick Start IVF"/antagonist protocol with Follistim, Ganirelix, Ovidrel and progesterone suppositories (yay)

July 31, 2014: U/S= 20 follicles, 8.5 lining, E2 is good, Ganirelix for 4 days starting 8/2

August 13, 2014: 5DT of 1 4BA almost-hatching blastocyst (Please hang in, Little Bug!)

August 14, 2014: We have 3 frosties! Hope they're having fun hanging out together. :)

August 23, 2014: Beta #1: 144 8/23/14: Beta #2: 374 Beta 8/25/14  Beta #3: 6,600 9/3/14

• I'd bet money that the nurse didn't give you an answer because she doesn't really know it, which would also explain why she got snippy. I've run into some pretty ignorant medical professionals in the past few years.

What really gets my goat is that she refused your very reasonable request to check your levels. THAT seems really unethical to me. She's flat out wrong that it wouldn't change anything. What if it came back super low? Even non-IVF pregnancies get supplemented with progesterone sometimes, too.

As others have said, it does seem like a good bet to keep taking them longer. I'd also add to try to get thee to an OB as soon as you can, and talk to him/her about your concerns.

Sorry you had to deal with this!
    **********************siggy/ticker warning**********************

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
    http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage
  • ladyteach0505ladyteach0505 member
    edited September 2014
    edited September 2014
    @pblge That's a great idea I hadn't thought of! When do OBs see you? I'm supposed to graduate at 8.5 weeks assuming this goes well. I've been scared to call the ob and make it official but I wonder if they check progesterone anyway. Hmm

Ugh my old account keeps coming up- this is lo95. Sigh...
  • It sounds like the nurse couldn't answer your question and instead just danced around it. I would call and ask to speak to the Dr. That's what they're there for and you have every right to have your questions answered.

If you have to speak to a nurse again, ask for a different one. And explain that although you know the staff is looking out for your best interests, you just want to know the reasons behind it. And express your concerns.

I'm sorry you were treated like that! I think some nurses/Drs expect patients to take their advice without question.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• edited September 2014
    The placenta should start taking over by week 7.5 or so, probably earlier. By measuring the yolk sac during an ultrasound, they can determine if it is likely producing sufficient hormones to support the pregnancy (or this is how my doctor explained it anyway).

I stopped progesterone (IUI cycle) at 7 weeks and was petrified as I had similarly never heard of someone going off that early. Everything is fine with me at 22w still.

That said, I'd refill the prescription and keep taking it. The added stress of worrying about it is worse for your body than a few more weeks of progesterone, I'd imagine!

ETA: Call the doctor. Seriously, he can STFU if it annoys him. He shouldn't hire asshole nurses who can't explain jackshit if he doesn't want to have to talk to a worried patient himself. You paid a lot of money for his services - that includes follow up care and answering your concerns adequately. You have every right to demand an adequate explanation.
    ************************SIGGY WARNING***********************

Me: 29      DH:  32
    Off birth control March 2012 - Actively trying Sept 2012-April 2014
    Unexplained Infertility
    BFP on May 5th after Follistim & IUI #3
    Ryan Henry - born 1/10/15, 7 lb 5 oz, 20 1/4 inches

NTNP for a sibling starting March 2015
    Waiting on cycle to resume while EBF

imageimage

• I agree with PP. Keep taking it for now, but get ahold of the physician. It drives me crazy when nurses or front staff just bulldoze over people. I had a fresh cycle, I just turned 29 & took progesterone oil 1ml daily through 10 weeks & they also never checked my levels. We had a good strong heartbeat & sak at 6w4d too on our u/s.
    If it were me, I would call and say you have a question for the Dr. Hell, I've even spoken to other physicians in my RE practice, and when they could see I was concerned/unsure still they always offered to have my usual physician call me back when he was in the office again, which he did. Love that man, he has impeccable bedside manner, but I digress.
    *******Siggy Warning*******

*Married since 11/20/10*
    *TTC since 1/12*
    *Me - PCOS * DH - Azoo*
    *IUI clomid 5/13 - BFN*
    *IUI clomid 6/13 - BFN*
    *IUI clomid 7/13 - Cancelled due to poor response*
    *IUI follistim 9/13 - Cancelled due to over response*
    *IVF #1 - 13R, 5M, 4F, 2 transferred on day 3 - BFN & nothing to freeze*
    *IVF #2 - 7R, 4M, 4F, 2 transferred on day 3 - BFP!!!!*
    *Beta #1 15dp3dt >2,000, Beta #2 21dp3dt >17,000!*
    *U/S on 6/27/14 @ 6w4d - 2 sacs, 1 HB found @ 125bpm!*
    *First OB appt 7/24/14*

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I agree to just keep taking it and call the dr in the meantime.  Not sure of the protocol for IVF cause I did IUI, but I was told by my RE and OBGYN to stop at 9 weeks and was fine, but 6-7 weeks does sound kind of early.  Good luck!

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• I like @pblge 's advice to find your OB and put the question to him/her. You'll need to find one eventually anyway, so why not find one now?

*** Ticker Warning ***

Me: 37, DH: 39, TTC 5 yrs

2013 summary: Diagnosed with Hypothyroid; Cervical polyp removed (benign); 
    2 rounds ovidrel with timed intercourse (no result): 3 rounds IUI with clomid + ovidrel (no result)
    2014 summary (to date):
    IVF cycle 1 - ER: 4/17 (28 follicles, 3 fertilized, 2 survived to day 3);
    ET: 4/20 (3rd day, 2 embryos - 1 @ 6 cells & 1 @ 4 cells); Beta 5/1 - BFP!; 
    1st scan 5/13 - development behind, no heartbeat detected; D&C 6/2; WTF 6/13
    IVF cycle 2 - BCP begun 7/12; stims w/ HGH begun 7/26; 
    ER: 8/6, 12 follicles, 7 fertilized w/ ICSI; ET: 8/11, 3 blastocysts left, 2 transferred, 3rd arrested 8/12 - none to freeze :'(
    1st beta 8/19 - BFP! 294; 2nd beta 8/26 - 4976; 1st u/s 9/2; 2nd u/s 9/9 - two little heartbeats at 140 each!!! 
    EDD: 29-April-2015
    Other Meds: Synthroid 100 mcg/daily

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I know that this is a little different from what others said, but my RE instructed me to take the progesterone until it was proven to be a viable pregnancy (i.e. normal measurement(s) and heartbeat(s)). For me, that was 8 weeks and 4 days. I understand why you are frustrated with the nurse/RE, but I have always wondered if progesterone supplements really do much, because my body did a poor job absorbing them.

Me: 28, DH: 35
    DX: Severe MFI, AZFc Microdeletion
    TTC since August 2011
    IVF w/ ICSI 1: Dec. 2013 - BFN
    FET 1.2: Mar. 2014 - BFN
    FET 1.3: May 2014 - BFN
    FET 1.4: June 2014 - BFP
    Two little buns in the oven. 
    Bake until March 2015, little ones. 

"Life will be clearer around me.
     Life will be more burdensome for me. 
    Life will be richer for me." 
    -Rudolf Steiner
  • I agree that the nurse probably gave you a snippy answer because she probably doesn't know the medical reason is just following instructions. If possible, could you talk to your RE directly?

I had my last monitoring appointment right before 7 weeks and then my RE instructed me to stop PIO at 10 weeks, but my dosage was cut in half after my last appointment.

Me: 29, DH: 30

Married: April, 2011; TTC: July, 2012

Dx: MFI; June '14 IVF w/ ICSI: 11R, 8M, 5F... 1 5dt, beta #1: 213, beta #2: 621, beta #3: 8545!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • SophistikittySophistikitty member
    edited September 2014

I am so sorry you had to go through that and still didn’t end up getting an answer. 

If I were you I would continue on the same dose you are on until 10 weeks. That is the earliest any of the clinics I know would take you off without checking progesterone values in a fresh cycle. This is your baby and your body and you have to be comfortable with your choices. I wouldn’t feel badly going against your doctor’s wishes in this case. 

Also from what I have been told by the RE’s I have seen, Endometrin does not show up in blood results (at least not to a very large degree) so if you are soley on Endometrin (if your blood levels were to be tested) the level would be a fairly accurate reflection of your progesterone.  This is one of the reasons many clinics put patients on Endometrin and PIO – they can wean patients off PIO and still be assured that there is very little chance of the P4 diving.  Then they can more easily follow the patients natural levels soley on Endometrin. That being said even if your RE was to agree to test your levels, he would probably only agree to do it once and at 6 1/2 weeks I would be concerned that the placenta hasn't fully taken over.   

I would definitely just refill the prescription and continue until 10 weeks.

Edit: Just realized you are on Prometrium not Endometrin but the same applies.

***SIGNATURE WARNING***

TTC #1

Me 42, DH 47

Dx = AMA/DOR, MFI

IVF/ICSI #1 = BFN

IVF/ICSI #2 = BFP; early loss

IVF/ICSI #3 (DE) = BFP; early loss

FET = BFN

IVF/ICSI #4 (DE w/ CCS) = BFP

Beta #1 @ 10dp6dt = 265; Beta #2 @ 14dp6dt = 1251. 

1st U/S @ 6w2d showed one perfect little heartbeat! 

2nd U/S @ 7w2d. HB 132 & everything measuring on track.

Our beautiful little girl arrived January 2015!

• Whoo boy. That sucks. I'm sorry you have to deal with this. I'm shocked that the nurse did not confer with your RE after you specifically asked to continue and for a blood test. It's not up to the nurse to decide those things. So, in your shoes, I would be as nice as possible and request a call-back from your RE. I would also absolutely refill the script and continue taking the progesterone. My understanding is that extra will not harm you or the fetus, but a shortage certainly can. I am also surprised that they are not regularly testing your blood progesterone! Mine got checked every single week! It's hard to challenge a doctor, but I've learned the hard way that I must do whatever it takes to get the best care for my fetus and me, and sometimes that's a hard path and it means making difficult choices. I hope you get a real answer soon.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    My BLOG: www.ivfbabyquest.wordpress.com -Update - old blog.

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!
    Me: 42, Hubby: 35, TTC since Jan 2010. Dx: DOR due to advanced maternal age. Also: Hypothyroidism (100mcg Levothyroxin). Positive for MTHFR (hetero-C677T), Factor V Leiden, and Fragile X (on DH side). Taking pre-natal vitamins
    First natural PG 9/27/11; mc: 1/20/12

First RE visit: 8/8/12, Saline Sonogram: 8/28/12, IVF injection class: 10/11/12, add FaBB Tab for FVL, +Vitamin D.
    IVF #1: 10/17/12 Baseline: FSH- 9.4, E2- 24, LH- 3.7, Prog- 0.3 The u/s showed 6 follicles in my right  & 9 in my left. Rx: 150 Bravelle & 150 Menopur SQ nightly. 10/21/12: Add Ganirelix SQ every morning.
    ER 10/28/12: 13 Retreived. 7 Mature. 6 Fertilized. 5 Made it to PGS. ET 11/2/12: CANCELED. All 5 came back from PGS as having "severe abnormalities."
    IVF #2: 1/7/13 Baseline: FSH- 8.8, 4 follicles in my right & 6 in my left. Rx: 150 Bravelle & 150 Menopur SQ nightly. 1/11/13: Add Ganirelix SQ every morning. hCG Trigger 1/16/13

ER 1/18/13: 9 Retrieved. 5 Mature. 5 Fertilized. 2 Made it to PGS. ET 1/23/13: CANCELED. All embryos (he even sent the ones not growing) came back from PGS as having "multiple severe abnormalities."
    IVF #3:
    NEW RE! 3/1/13 Baseline: FSH- 9.6, E2- 61, Prog- 0.94, 3 follicles in my right & 4 in my left. Rx: 150 Bravelle& 150 Menopur SQ in PM. 3/7/13: Add Ganirelix SQ in AM. hCG Trigger 3/9/13 SQ.
    ER 3/11/13: 6R, 2M, 2F. Day 3: one 8 cell, grade 0.  Five day ET 3/16/13: one early blast, grade Fair. 3/24/13 AF came a day before beta. BFN

IVF #4: 
    (Added acupuncture to this cycle.) 3/25/13 WTF & Baseline: FSH-11.8, E2- 56, Prog- 0.84 3/26/13 Start stims. 3/30/13 u/s: 5 follicles in my right & 4 in my left. Rx: 225 Bravelle& 225 Menopur SQ in PM. 3/31/13 Add Ganirelix SQ in AM.hCG Trigger 4/3/13 SQ.
    ER 4/5/13: 5R, 3M, 3F naturally. Day 3: two 8 cell, grade 0, one 8 cell, grade 2 (Scale 0-best to 3-worst). Five day ET 4/10/13: two blastocysts (the 3rd stopped growing.) Beta 4/18/13: 2.5 BFFN. RE recommends we stop trying and focus on living childless, due to the extremely poor quality of my eggs.
    ***Decided to stop trying and live CFNBC. I couldn't adjust. So, six months later...

IVF #5: Changed RE. Going to one of the big name clinics now. OWDU: 10/29/13. Update: HORRIBLE experience. Disgusted and distraught at their complete unprofessionalism and how much money and precious time they cost us. Sickening. Have now changed RE again. New Patient appt. 1/30/14.
    BFP! Out of nowhere, I got KU the old fashioned way! POAS 1/26/14 - Positive! FDLM 12/30/13. Beta #1 16dpo= 373. Beta #2 18dpo= 801. EDD 10/6/14
    2/4/14 1st U/S revealed a 5wk2day sac but no fetal pole. Started 200mgs of progesterone suppositories daily
    2/11/14 2nd U/S revealed a perfect 6wk1day "diamond ring" embryo with a beating heart! 138bpm! Add 1mg folic acid and 40mg Lovenox
    2/25/14 3rd U/S: perfect 8w1d embryo, 178bpm. 3/6 start spotting. 3/11 10w1d U/S shows no heartbeat. Scheduling D&C. The Stork has forsaken me again.
    IVF #5.2: New in-state RE. Supplement priming for 1.5 cycles prior to start of cycle, including DHEA 50mg (stopped 5/15), CoQ10 200mg 2x/day, L-Arginine- 1000mg 2x/day (stopped 6/5 due to cold sore!), myo-inositol- 2g 2x/day, melatonin- 3mg, and Neevo (prenatal for MTHFR).
    5/16/14 Day 2 bw cycle prior: FSH- 12.22, E2- 38.37, Prog- 1.35, LH- 9.46. 6/2/14 Day 19 bw: Prog- 23
    6/12/14 Baseline: E2- 122.7, Prog- 0.4. 5 follicles in left, 4 follicles in right. Start stims: 375IU Follistim & 150IU Menopur. 6/19 Increase Follistim to 425IU, Menopur still 150IU. 6/18 add Ganirelix. 6/23 Ovidrel trigger SQ. 6/25 ER: 8R, 8M, 5F naturally. Start Medrol & Doxy. 6/26 Start Endometrin. 7/2 Start Lovenox.
    7/8/14 Beta= 137.4 BFP!!! (My first from IVF!) E2- 1109, Prog- >60. Stop CoQ10, myo-inositol, and melatonin. 7/9 2nd Beta= 281.4. TSH- 2.70. Increasing Synthroid to 100mcg daily. 7/24 6w3d u/s measured 6w3d, hb: 121bmp! 8/5 8w1d u/s measured 8w3d, hb: 164bpm! Graduated from RE to OB. Now I just need to find an OB!
    EDD 3/18/15!

edited September 2014
    I'm literally having my husband call because I feel so beaten down by the office. With a few exceptions the staff is so dismissive and after yesterday I literally dread the thought of calling. I'm hoping if DH talks to him he can do the man to man thing and maybe skip the talking down to part. Fingers crossed he calls back. :(

(LO95-this is my mobile account since I don't remember my other password. Sigh)
  • @LO95 - There's no shame in having DH call.  I think its a good solution, that will (hopefully) get you answers, while protecting you from some un-needed stress.

*** Ticker Warning ***

Me: 37, DH: 39, TTC 5 yrs

2013 summary: Diagnosed with Hypothyroid; Cervical polyp removed (benign); 
    2 rounds ovidrel with timed intercourse (no result): 3 rounds IUI with clomid + ovidrel (no result)
    2014 summary (to date):
    IVF cycle 1 - ER: 4/17 (28 follicles, 3 fertilized, 2 survived to day 3);
    ET: 4/20 (3rd day, 2 embryos - 1 @ 6 cells & 1 @ 4 cells); Beta 5/1 - BFP!; 
    1st scan 5/13 - development behind, no heartbeat detected; D&C 6/2; WTF 6/13
    IVF cycle 2 - BCP begun 7/12; stims w/ HGH begun 7/26; 
    ER: 8/6, 12 follicles, 7 fertilized w/ ICSI; ET: 8/11, 3 blastocysts left, 2 transferred, 3rd arrested 8/12 - none to freeze :'(
    1st beta 8/19 - BFP! 294; 2nd beta 8/26 - 4976; 1st u/s 9/2; 2nd u/s 9/9 - two little heartbeats at 140 each!!! 
    EDD: 29-April-2015
    Other Meds: Synthroid 100 mcg/daily

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am a total feminist - I'm a strong woman who can take care of myself.  But there is zero shame in having your husband handle an issue when it will be a) easier for you and b) possibly more effective.

I've unleashed my husband on problems that just aren't responding to me.  Often that's all it takes (it doesn't hurt that my husband is rather intimidating) ;-)
    ************************SIGGY WARNING***********************

Me: 29      DH:  32
    Off birth control March 2012 - Actively trying Sept 2012-April 2014
    Unexplained Infertility
    BFP on May 5th after Follistim & IUI #3
    Ryan Henry - born 1/10/15, 7 lb 5 oz, 20 1/4 inches

NTNP for a sibling starting March 2015
    Waiting on cycle to resume while EBF

imageimage

• Any updates from when your husband called?

*May Siggy Challenge - Parenting Fails*

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  •  I hope you got this resolved! I get so frustrated when doctors act like you don't have a right to be concerned with your own body and child!
    Our Novel of TTC:

*Male Factor (low count and low motility), High Prolactin, and Polycystic Ovaries (March 2013)
    *Recurrent Miscarriage testing also revealed high anti-phospholipids & single MTHFR mutation. (Feb 2014) 

*IVF (07/2013): BFP-Natural Miscarriage @ 5 weeks* <3 Madison Riley <3
    *FET #1 (10/2013): BFN
    *FET #2 (12/2013)- BFP-Missed Miscarriage at 8 weeks <3 Kyle Andrew <3
    *Chromosomes and Karotyping tests were both normal.We lost a healthy baby boy :(
    *FET #3 (04/2014) was cancelled after finding Chronic Endometritis
    *Miraculous BFP July 2014!! (I was taking baby aspirin and Cabergoline to stay regulated while "taking a break from TTC" and waiting to consult with a reproductive immunologist!!!) 

Our healthy baby girl was born 03/10/15 thanks to daily Lovenox injections and baby aspirin. There are no words for how grateful I am for our rainbow baby. <3
  • Oh my gosh.  Guys, my husband STILL hasn't gotten a call back and now we're heading into the weekend.  I'm on the prometrium until I hear that it's bad.  But this makes me mad.

• I had a somewhat similar experience with the Estrace....without the snark from the nurse. They took me off it at 5 weeks instead of 8 weeks like I was supposed to be. I didn't question but the NP that I happened to meet with caught it and put me back on it. I'd question this one until I got a good answer. Maybe ask to leave a message for the RE directly?
    Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"