September 2013 Moms
Options

Your supply post weaning question?

LO is about 11.5 months and we
switched totally of formula about 3-4 weeks ago as my supply was like nil. It wasn't more than a comfort thing anymore as she was eating mostly solids and had a bottle at bed since 5 or so months and I had nursed her at naps and that was it. She quit am nursing at 9 months and we've gradually just replaced nursing with bottles.

I never got engorged or anything and I would figure my supply was dried up by now, but when I was checking yesterday and milk still comes if I do a compression. I know we are all different but I wanted to know how long before those of you who have weaned no longer produced any milk. I thought by now it would've dried up!

TL;DR: weaned about 1 mo. ago and still have some milk when compressions are done. When did your supply dry up?

BFP: 1/17/13 EDD: 9/20/13 Dalenna Rose Born: 40 wks 4 days 9/24/13
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

FTM to my sweetpea Miss D.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Your supply post weaning question?

• Options
    My supply is gone but I still get a trickle when I compress. We've been done breastfeeding for about 3 weeks. I think maybe the manual stimulation bring a little down. My sister could get a trickle 11 months after she stopped.
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing @Albertsgirl1982‌ !! Just wanted to see if that was normal!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    PP are mostly right.

However, keep in mind that it is possible to still leak at any point in the future. I have a friend who visited after one of our LOs was born. She heard LO cry. And she experienced a letdown, soaking her bra and shirt. Out of curiosity she tried to express to see how much she could get. She expressed a few ounces pretty easily.

Her youngest child had weaned about 2.5 years earlier. 

• Options
    Wow @barnwife‌ ! That's crazy! Our bodies are quite miraculous! Thanks for sharing!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"