September 2013 Moms
Options

I am a slacker

I am embarrassed to say that I am just getting around to planning LO's first birthday. (9/16). I finally figured out a theme and picked a date for the party. I know some of you have been planning for months. My poor little man has third child syndrome. Are there any other S13 slackers out there?

Re: I am a slacker

• Options
    This is my first and I would say I was a slacker until Saturday night and her party was Sunday! We didn't book a space or anything, didn't order food, didn't have a theme except the colors pink and green. I didn't craft anything and just bought a mylar balloon from the Dollar Store. I am glad to be honest. It was really low stress and we were able to just make funfetti cupcakes, bring pretzels/chips, juice boxes and play at the park with our friends. Perfect day! 

Don't stress about it. LO will love whatever you do :)
    Lily Michaella       ~BFP 12-31-13      ~EDD 9-7-13       ~Lily was born 9-7-13 
    Baby #2                ~BFP 8-13-17        ~EDD 4-22-18    ~Can't wait to meet you

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I am a slacker as well. DD's bday is 9/28 and I have nothing planned. To my credit though, we were dealing with DD's therapy and a health scare. The party planning was just not on the forefront of my mind. We have an awesome park nearby that I'd like to have it at but I'm nervous about weather. What if it rains? I don't want my house to be the "if it rains location" because I want to avoid cleaning and preparing at my home as well..Seems like twice the work. Any suggestions of BTDT moms? Or anyone that wants to chime in?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well, my S13 baby was born Oct. 9, so I am just starting to get to the real planning (I have been Pinning for awhile!). :)
  • Options
    Our theme also is 1st Birthday. I have a hodge-podge of decorations that are cute. I got cups, plates, napkins, a tablecloth, a party hat for her that says Birthday Girl, a Happy Birthday banner, and some hanging things that have giraffes on them. The hanging things, plates, and napkins all match. I got them at a party store. If you don't want a big decorating thing, you can pick up a lot of stuff at a party store at one time. The party hat and the tablecloth I found at the grocery store the other day.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I got all of this stuff the week of her birthday party that we had at my mom's house on the 30th. I'm using the same stuff for her party this weekend at our house.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"