Nurseries and Baby Gear

Uppa baby vista VS bugaboo chameleon 3

I love both of these strollers and don't know how to choose, any input from mamas that have one or the other?
Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
EDD: Feb 5, 2018

Re: Uppa baby vista VS bugaboo chameleon 3

• I just got the uppa baby vista, and I love it! It is a bit bulky, but I can see that my baby ( he is 9 months now) is super confortable in it! It also has a great basket. I just wished it was a little bit easier to fold.
  • Ya the fold is a drawback, but I love that it stands once folded and you can leave the seat on when you fold, but the bugaboo fold is superior but you have to take the seat off.
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI

• Loading the player...
  • We registered for the vista because the bassinet is the only one approved for sleeping.  You can buy a stand and use the bassinet for the first few months.  The bugaboo doesn't allow that.  
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-06/2014-EDD 02/16/2015
    Valentine boy born 02/14/2015
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks
    Surprise BFP-09/13/16 EDD 5/26/17

PitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We have the UBV and love it.  

Pros:  
    * great sunshield
    *  handles bumps, cobblestones, etc. very well
    *  huge basket
    *  pretty high clearance on the bottom for snow
    *  can fold with seat and carseat adapter attached
    *  can add second seat
    * comes with rain shield 

Cons: 
    *  not the easiest fold, but not terrible
    *  heavy (can't remember how this compares to bugaboo, but I think not much)

We love our vista.  The customer service is great (we had one issue with the wheels) and when it came down to it, I didn't see enough reasons to justify the cost difference.  DS is nearly 1, and we live in an urban area where our stroller is our car, and we are very happy with our decision.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hopefully they fix the fold on the vista with the 2015 version, it is not the easiest.

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• We went with the cameleon over the vista because the cameleon is more compact (vista was huge next to me), fold and store was better, it is made of better/ durable materials, and overall has a better reputation. We also preferred the wheels on the cameleon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ya we like the wheels and how the handle flips from front to back, I didn't think it was that much smaller than the uppa baby tho?

• We are good be with the vista, though waiting for the 2015 release to order, can't wait.
  • I have the chameleon 3 and I love it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"