Late Term and Child Loss
Options

PgAL check in 9/5

Good Morning ladies and happy Friday!

I hope everyone has been doing well this week!  Every week that passes is a wonderful milestone. Feel free to post any questions you may have.
How far along are you?

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones?

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions?

QOTW: Are you planning on using "hand me downs" from your angel baby?

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?

Re: PgAL check in 9/5

• Options
    How far along are you?  14 weeks -second trimester!

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? Ultrasound every Thursday, as per usual. Blood screening will be complete soon, as I'm probably doing the last blood test next week. NT scan and first blood test came back with reassuring results, now just waiting for one more. I'm a little disappointed that I started this whole process (we opted out with the boys), as its causing me more anxiety than anything else. 

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? I dont want to eat a thing anymore, which is a total change from before.  I've even lost the weight I gained!

QOTW: Are you planning on using "hand me downs" from your angel baby? Yes and no.  I think the things that my husband and I bought will be set aside just for the boys, as they are really special to us.  There are a lot of things other people bought for the boys that we never returned, and those I would be okay using on this baby.  I don't want to waste other people's money. 

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?  IS THIS BABY A BOY OR A GIRL?!  Only 13 days until we find out!
  • Options
    @ikrystal‌- you're in your second trimester! Yay! Glad to hear there were reassuring results in the first round of testing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 7 weeks, 4 days

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? First appointment and ultrasound on Monday!

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? Aversions to everything. Unfortunately, the hyperemesis is back so I can't eat anything and I'm struggling to keep liquids down. I'm actually in the hospital right now getting fluids and meds through an IV and I feel so much better already! With Wesley I was very sick until around 20 weeks and then it was much more manageable. Fingers crossed that it gets better sooner this one!

My husband and I have talked about it and there a few things that are special to Wesley (the first outfit we bought him, first stuffed animal) that we will put away for him but everything else we will likely use for this baby (hopefully!) Wesley was born at 39 weeks, 4 days so we have a full stocked nursery. We definitely want to change the design and theme of the nursery (because our original was for Wesley!) but we'll use the stuff!

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? I'm trying to stay in the moment and enjoy things right now but I find myself wishing I could fast forward to April! I just hope everything goes well for all of us.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 7w5d

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? Next apt isn't until the 18th with the nurse, then the 24th with my doc

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? peeing lots, nausea (threw up two nights ago), strong nose :) 

QOTW: Are you planning on using "hand me downs" from your angel baby? yes, most of the baby gear, stroller/crib/car seat all that, we got gender neutral. If it's a girl it will use some of Ana's clothes, if it's a boy we do have some gender neutral stuff. We are using the same theme, classic pooh. 

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? I was told I have a SCH, a "little one" that they are not worried about at all, and just told me no sex. This of course has me terrified. I've had no spotting or anything so I assume it is really small and healing. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Options
    How far along? 31 weeks tomorrow

Upcoming appointments or milestones: Can't believe we are about to hit single digits for weeks left.

Symptoms/cravings/aversions: Finding it difficult to sleep (wake up from feeling too hot) and craving lots of spicy foods.

QOTW: We have clothes and won't be using them for our son I don't believe. I've stored them away in a box with photos etc.

Open topic: Yesterday was our baby girl's two year angelversary. Got through the day better than I anticipated but it's hard being sad for our daughter and excited for the anticipated arrival of our son. I wish so badly that she was here to welcome him into the world. It was a low key day with just a cemetery visit.

We also had our hospital tour this week at a new hospital for us. It did help to relieve some anxiety. It was strange being there and believing that I might actually get to experience a live birth but we are so glad we went.
  • Options
    Bgirma I"m so sorry to hear that you had to go to the hospital, but so glad you are feeling better.  I really hope that all of these crazy symptoms start to subside soon. We also have a nursery full of things that we would like to use.   Good luck on Monday!

shandorfml2 I'm sorry to heard about the SCH.  I had one at 13 weeks and on Thursday (14 weeks), they found that it was gone.  They gave me the same instructions - take it easy and no intercourse.  I understand how you feel about it- while the doctors aren't worry, you can't help but think of the worst.  I really hope that it resolves itself soon. 

chickinNH ((hugs)).  I'm sorry if that question was insensitive.  Part of me realizes that these questions won't apply to everyone but I really hope that I didn't upset you too much. I also had a hard time earlier this week - it comes and goes in waves.  What are you feeling is normal.  I can only hope that it starts to subside the farther along you get in your pregnancy. I hear you about the vegetables - I can't stand them either!  I hope that goes away, since I know how important they are.  Good luck on Tuesday!

jess123456  ((hugs)).  I can only imagine that yesterday was extremely difficult.  We all have to balance this act of being optimistic and excited for the future, but we never forget our angels.  Last night I broke down and cried over the boys, which  I haven't done in weeks. But I realized that I wanted to be sad about it, because it means that I love them.  You love your little girl, too, and it shows.  Congrats on being 31 weeks and hitting the single digit countdown.

• Options
    How far along are you? 7 weeks 5 days

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? Next regular OB appointment on the 24th

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? Still tired and feeling sick much of the time. A friend suggested peppermint oil. I got some yesterday and it does seem to help. I did feel a little better for most of the day today.

QOTW: Are you planning on using "hand me downs" from your angel baby? Yes. A lot of the newborn clothes and most of the baby gear is actually from DD so it was already handed down to Nathaniel. 

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? Today was 7 months without Nathaniel. I was surprised that it was not hard. We had a fun day in Kenosha going to museums and riding on streetcars.
    Abigail Grace 9/7/10
    Nathaniel Willis born sleeping 2/6/14
    Felicity Hope 4/6/15

• Options

How far along are you? 10 weeks exactly today (Sunday...I'm a little late to checkin)

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? Not really, just had my first OB appt. last week so it'll be 3 more weeks until I see them. I'll start the MFM appts. for brain development scans at 12 weeks so I have two more weeks until then.

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? So so tired....most especially the last few days have been the sleepiest. Not sure how I'll function at work with a 50+ hour work week and no naps. So much for "keeping stress levels low" as my doctors have advised me.  Craving for root beer is still around but not as strong.... I think once I bought a case I was over it. Still aversion to oh pretty much everything else. I'm starving but most all foods turn my stomach. I almost lost a pancake on the kitchen table this morning. (still no vomiting though....its a miracle!!!! LOL )  Oh and I'm pretty sure, but waiting on culture results, that I have a UTI. Hopefully the OB calls tomorrow with some words of advice !

QOTW: Are you planning on using "hand me downs" from your angel baby? Yes. I've already gone through Jack's clothes in the basement and have started bringing them upstairs slowly. I started with gender neutral clothes since I'm convinced baby is a girl. If I'm wrong I'll bring up the rest of the clothes. Granted it will make me sad to see this baby wearing them because I'll never know how cute Jack would have looked in them, especially if this is a boy I'll constantly wonder.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? My friend's father is some gender predicting guru, LOL ....he apparently hasn't been wrong once. He said Jack was a boy and he was right. Well, he says this baby is a boy and DH and I have been convinced otherwise. Now I'm getting worried. Not that I care what this baby is as long as he/she comes home and is a happy healthy baby....but if its a boy I'm scared that all I'll think about is ,"Is this what Jack would have looked like too?"  and what if I call this baby Jack?? I'd feel so bad, I feel bad just thinking about it.

Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
    NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
    • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
    • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
    • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
    • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
    • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Anniversary

• Options
    How far along are you?  10 weeks, 1 day. Is it weird that I wait until I'm officially in a new week before posting here because I want to type the higher number?

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? Ultrasound "calm my nerves" appointment hopefully tomorrow/Tuesday. It was supposed to be Thursday but it turns out I have to go out of town for work so I'm hoping it can be switched. 

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? Lots of nausea. I have to make sure to keep food in my stomach all the time to feel ok, but nothing ever sounds good so that makes it tricky. And so tired!

QOTW: Are you planning on using "hand me downs" from your angel baby? Yes. There are certain outfits that I loved on Lincoln, especially pajamas, and I'm not sure yet if I'll be able to reuse all of those. But the big things will be reused since they're gender neutral, and if this new baby is a boy then a lot of the room decor will be reused. That was always the plan and it doesn't feel right to change it. Having an angel for a big brother doesn't get this baby out of hand me downs! 

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?  Lincoln's golf outing was yesterday, put together mostly by my sister and brother in law. It was such a great event! The turnout was double what we thought it would be, and the money raised for our Children's Hospital in Lincoln's name was well above what we had hoped. But it does make for a hard day today. Yesterday I got to see his picture everywhere and hear people talking about him, and now today we go back to "the everyday". I just want to be able to have him here and talk about him every day. My brother in law said it best yesterday at the event. We're humbled and honored to be able to have such a great event in his name, but we'd give it away in a second for just one more day with Lincoln. 
    I guess the good news is that we're hoping to make it an annual event, so now we can start thinking about next year!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 14w5d

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? Appointment on Wednesday.  Will be just a normal appointment, but we will also get our first trimester screening results back.

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? Not too much going on now.  Boobs are still bigger, but not as sore as last week.

QOTW: Are you planning on using "hand me downs" from your angel baby? Yes and no.  We will use all of the equipment (crip, PNP, books, etc) that we got for Q, but since this baby is a girl, we will be getting all new clothes and new nursery decorations.  Q didn't get to use 95% of the stuff we got for him, so it is basically all new anyway. 

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? I've been feeling nervous still (of course), and really missing Q.  This has been paired with feeling so loved because we are receiving such excitement and support about our new baby.  I go from crying over the disbelief that my baby died (how does that happen???) to smiling about getting to snuggle with this new little life in a few months.

Me 32 (Stage IV Endometriosis, short luteal phase) DH 38

Married 5/2010

January 2014- DS born healthy at 35.4 weeks

February 2014- DS passed away due to complications from adenovirus

February 2015- Rainbow baby DD born at 36.3 weeks

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/42fd32 

• Options

ikrystal : Yay! Welcome to the second trimester!

Bgirma : Hope your appointment goes well today

shandorfml2 : FX the SCH heals up quickly and doesn't cause you too much stress!

chickinNH : Hope you have a great U/S tomorrow!

jess123456: Happy angelversary to your daughter!  That must have been a tough day.

kflynn81: Fatigue has been the worst for me too.  Hope you are still able to relax, at least a little bit!

Mel&John2013 : Haha, I know what you mean by wanting your week number to be higher.  My doctor's office has my DD two days earlier than I say it is (I was charting and know when we conceived), so I tend to round up at the end of the week.  For example, I am officially 14w5d, but my doctor's office says I'm 15 weeks, so today I just kinda went with 15 weeks when a couple girls at work asked me.

dadalou : Glad the peppermint oil seems to be working

Married 5/2010

• Options
    dadalou I'm glad you are feeling a little better.  I never thought to use peppermint oil but as soon as you mentioned it,  I wanted to try it.  It's nice to hear that you are doing fun things for Nathaniel's day. It's great to celebrate him!

kflynn81 I really hope you start to feel better!  The nausea without vomiting it almost just as bad - at least with vomiting you might feel a bit better afterwards.  My husband also feels the same way about if we have a boy - I think it would be hard on him.  Maybe this will be the first time your dad is wrong!  Good luck with work... it sounds hectic, especially with all the exhaustion pregnancy brings!

Mel&John2013 I hope you can get it for your ultrasound and that all is well.  And no it isnt weird to want to type the higher number!  I think we all look forward to that part.  I love how you said that just because your baby has an angel older brother, it doesnt mean s/he doesn't get hand me downs.  What a great way of looking at it! His golf outing days sounds like a huge success, and what a blessing your family is for putting it together.  Lincoln is making a difference in other people's lives :)

erinel Good luck with your first trimester screening results, FX that the numbers are reassuring!  I completely understand the conflicting emotions that come with PGAL.  Yesterday my husband had to pick me up off the floor of the boys' nursery because I was so sad, but at the same time so grateful for this pregnancy.  Not everyone has to deal with a new life and death at the same time, and it is extremely difficult and exhausting.  Just know that you are not alone.  ((hugs))

• Options
    @aragosta I totally get why you need to step back. I believe Lucas would want you to focus on getting his brother here too. Big hugs mama! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Options
    aragosta I completely understand this.  I think most of us have stepped away from TB temporarily in order to focus on more pressing matters.  You are NOT a bad mother for this - it makes you a great mother.  We will be thinking of you and supporting you along the way, even if you are not active on the board.  So many hugs and prayers to you as you prepare for your little one's arrival.  
  • Options
    aragosta I totally get it, and you need to do whatever is best for you and William.  You are not being neglectful to Lucas, and I'm sure he would want you to do whatever you could for his baby brother.  Best of luck to you!

Married 5/2010

• Options
    @aragosta‌ - completely understandable. I will be thinking of you and Will. ((Hugs)).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Options
    @aragosta‌- thinking of you and Will and sending lots of hugs.
  • Options
    @aragosta totally understand. Do what you think is best. You know we will be here for you anytime. Praying the next 51 days fly by for you. ((Hugs))

Sorry I'm late , guys

How far along are you? 38 weeks tomorrow!

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? Appt tomorrow , nst thurs. Pre op mon then baby on tues!

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? I can't stop eating,I think it's nerves.

No, I only have a blanket that I bought for Emily, and that's put away.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? I am really anxious and I want next tues to be here already. Dh is really anxious as well and can't wait to hold his baby girl.
  • Options
    @aragosta Don't feel bad at all, this board will be here when/if you're ready again. You're being a great mommy to both of your boys. I think Lucas knows it's important to take care of his baby brother right now.
  • Options
    @jonahsma‌ - 1 more week! Yay!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Options
    jonahsma Congrats on being 38 weeks!  Good luck at your appointment, I hope all goes well.  I cannot wait to hear about your delivery on Tuesday. 
  • Options
    jonahsma Wow!  So close!

Married 5/2010

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"