July 2012 Moms
Options

first trip away from LO

Next week I am going out of town for a conference.  It will be my first time away from my girl and it will be for four nights.  I'm nervous about leaving her.  I wish my first time away was only 1 or 2 nights. I'm scared it will be hard for her and that she'll miss me and I am worried it will be hard for DH too - particularly bed time and morning time.  

On the other hand, it's a little exciting that I'll get a few days away.  I'll be busy all day with the conference, but I'll be able to sleep uninterrupted at night.  Also, I'll be able to watch a movie or read a book on the flight.  No toddler wrestling.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

Re: first trip away from LO

• Options
    I travel for work once a week or every other week. I stay overnight one night and at first I was freaked out. Honestly, though LO was fine and never even fussed. She goes down for my H, eats for him and does her thing. She will ask for me in the morning and look for me in our bedroom but my H can distract her or tell her Mama is at work. The short answer is that she took it way better than I expected. I think she will handle it better than you think. She will still miss you but enjoy the time away. You can recharge and relax so that when you get home you will both be excited to see each other!
  • Options
    I'm sure you will miss her tons but enjoy the peaceful sleep while you are away :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"