Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Not eating enough?!?

My DD is 7 months old today and at her 6mo visit her pediatrician told us that she should be eating roughly 24 ounces of formula plus three servings of food per day. She said most 6 months old can have 6-8 ounce bottles. My daughter is on the small side, 16 pounds, but I feel like we are constantly offering her formula/food. She rarely will take a 6 ounce bottle, usually she falls asleep or starts refusing the bottle after 4 ounces even when she is really hungry (when she wakes up or before bed). I think on a good day we get 18-20 ounces of formula and 2 servings of food and that is on a really good day. Many times she will only take 2 or 3 ounces and then refuse the bottle. Anyone else having this problem? She is gaining weight well and is actually a little chunky in the cute baby way.

Re: Not eating enough?!?

• Options
    All babies are different. If she's gaining well I would keep doing what you are doing. And at 7 months 3 servings if food a day is a lot! My DD is 8 months and has 1-2 servings, usually 1. If you do too much solids she would likely take less milk which would affect her weight gain.
    But I do notice that my DD will not eat much if there are any distractions. If I feed her in the nursery in the dark she eats much more.
  • Options
    If she is continuing on the same growth curve, I don't think it's concerning, but I'm not a (her) doctor.

I'm BF, so I don't know exactly how much DD is taking in, but at 7m, I was just starting to sometimes offer solids a third time/day. She didn't consistently get a 3rd meal until about 7.5m of age.

I'm in the same boat as PP, DD is very distracted. I have to nurse in her bedroom, close the window and door to eliminate as much noise as possible, which is often quite difficult with her big brother running around.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"