Babies: 3 - 6 Months

DH is really frustrating me...

I'm feeling particularly frustrated with DH today, and I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.  DH works 7 days a week, so his time with LO is limited to about 2 hours in the morning.  He does the occasional DC drop off or pickup, but he's never spent more than about 3 hours with LO at a stretch, and he's pretty much never alone with him.  The issue is that I'm getting tired of having to be his sole source of information on babies.  He literally asks me every question, instead of ever looking anything up for himself, and I'm getting sick of it.  Last night he asked me if it was safe to put LO down to sleep with a pacifier in his mouth. Our son is 4 months old- I feel like this is something he should know.  I asked him if he would read a book on babies, but he said he "wanted us to be on the same page" because there is so much conflicting information out there.  This is true, but is it too much to ask him to at least learn something on his own??

Re: DH is really frustrating me...

• My hubby asked me about DD's baby acne about 5 times one day…. And it was always the same question.  I finally stopped answering him about it and told him to google it.  

For the most part if its something I haven't told him about already, I ail answer his questions.  If he is annoying me by asking the same thing over and over again, I answer with google it.  
  • Agree with PP. he works 7 days a week, give him a break. Also, pick your battles.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • You guys are right- I think a lot of my frustration has to do with how much DH is working. He just started a new business, so it will get better. And he has agreed to at least read a book for some background info. Thanks for letting me vent!
  • Yeah, my DH would never just pick up a baby book and research. He will ask me. I guess since I spend much more time with the baby than him he considers me the resident expert. I know it gets frustrating being the sole caregiver - my DH is around on he weekends but during the week he is scarce. The other week he went three days without seeing DD awake at all and he was not even out of town - just working long hours.

So I don't expect him to come home and read a book on babies and I don't mind that he defers to me on most kid related things. Definitely pick your battles - it sounds like he works a ton and is trying to be involved where he can.

• *sparky* said:
    Yeah, my DH would never just pick up a baby book and research. He will ask me. I guess since I spend much more time with the baby than him he considers me the resident expert. I know it gets frustrating being the sole caregiver - my DH is around on he weekends but during the week he is scarce. The other week he went three days without seeing DD awake at all and he was not even out of town - just working long hours. So I don't expect him to come home and read a book on babies and I don't mind that he defers to me on most kid related things. Definitely pick your battles - it sounds like he works a ton and is trying to be involved where he can.
    That makes sense.  But I work full time as well, so I get frustrated that the burden of child care still falls on me. 
  • I wish SO would ask me questions about lo more often. Instead, he's always annoyed with me for telling him how to do things.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"