December 2013 Moms

Sunday Spam

I am  tired this a.m and can't even think of a cute or catchy title for this thread LOL

I am on another 12 hr day. LO freaked out this morning when I put her down. It gave me all the sads.

How are you ladies? Plans today?

Re: Sunday Spam

• @LoganosaurusRex Raylin says she is glad her boyfriend is feeling better :)
  • Loading the player...
  • So I am super stressed. I was lucky enough that my family had the time to watch K while I was working. And now they can't... so for the past few weeks I have called EVERY daycare in the area even the home ones and no one has the room for an infant. I don't know what to do. The only option is K staying most of the week with DFs family over an hour away and I can't do it. I'm in such a shitty situation now.
  • Our power is back on after abput 30 hours. I'm looking forward to this week, lots of exciting stuff going on.

Monday: Working til noon, then driving to Detroit to go to the Tigers AND Lions games. Double dip!
    Tuesday: Only working a half day because we're coming back from Detroit.
    Thursday: NT scan - half day of work.
    Friday: Driving to North Carolina for the weekend.

I can handle working one full day this week.

Where in NC are you going?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • mamaj1220 said:
    So I am super stressed. I was lucky enough that my family had the time to watch K while I was working. And now they can't... so for the past few weeks I have called EVERY daycare in the area even the home ones and no one has the room for an infant. I don't know what to do. The only option is K staying most of the week with DFs family over an hour away and I can't do it. I'm in such a shitty situation now.
    I have been in similar circumstances and it sucks, you have my sorries. 
    What about nanny share? I know a nanny just for one is expensive but nanny shares are usually just a little more than FT daycare. One thing is make sure to get on wait lists at daycares, things open up all the time. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @greenbeanqueen‌ My dad lives in Stanley, which I think is outside of Charlotte. He just moved there this summer from Florida and it's my first time going to NC. We're going to the Lions/Panthers game on Sunday.

I hope you enjoy your visit. I love NC.
  • We just got home from grocery shopping and DH said he would unload since I needed to nurse E and try to get him down for a nap. Well he fell asleep right away but I'm in our room laying with him and bumping instead of helping him unload groceries. Bad wife.

I sometimes do this at night to avoid the battle of dd#1 cleaning up her toys before bed.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @amidalaaa‌ this is our day too! Sometimes it gets a little annoying because I just want to follow one game.

• We just got home from grocery shopping and DH said he would unload since I needed to nurse E and try to get him down for a nap. Well he fell asleep right away but I'm in our room laying with him and bumping instead of helping him unload groceries. Bad wife.

I do this all the time, and not just with the groceries! I only feel bad when DH catches me.

Displaying photo.JPGDisplaying photo.JPG
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @greenbeanqueen‌ My dad lives in Stanley, which I think is outside of Charlotte. He just moved there this summer from Florida and it's my first time going to NC. We're going to the Lions/Panthers game on Sunday.

You need to drive on down to the beach
  • I have a friend who has a 3 year old and 3 month old. Neither boy ever wears clothes. She makes the older one wear them out but we went out to dinner and he tried to take his clothes off at the table. I get that it's cute sometimes and it's none of my business if she doesnt want to have clothes on them but every pic she posts of him is in underwear only and it gets awkward. She says her family gives her a hard time when they are over and ds1 plays outside in only underwear. Am I the only one who finds that a little weird?
  • cepayseur said:

I have a friend who has a 3 year old and 3 month old. Neither boy ever wears clothes. She makes the older one wear them out but we went out to dinner and he tried to take his clothes off at the table. I get that it's cute sometimes and it's none of my business if she doesnt want to have clothes on them but every pic she posts of him is in underwear only and it gets awkward. She says her family gives her a hard time when they are over and ds1 plays outside in only underwear. Am I the only one who finds that a little weird?

I have a friend like this but she has 2 girls... Every picture they're naked except for diaper/underwear and a bow. I think it's weird too, but to each their own!
    Yep. I am just glad to know I'm not the only one who finds it strange.
  • It's been a rough day. I've been trying to wean, and the past few days, she absolutely refuses to take a bottle or nap for more than 30 minutes (total, all day). She isn't sick or teething as far as I know, and she sleeps pretty well at night. But she fusses all day long and seems tired. I would rather be up 3-4 times a night again than have a cranky baby all day. I hope she goes down early tonight because momma needs some wine!
  • @gdf Glad your shower went well!!

I'm drinking Angry Orchard and eating chex mix while contemplating trading our coffee table for an ottoman thing or just using the extra space for a baby pen thing. Where do you buy those anyway?

• @Caitlinh27‌ we got an ottoman on overstock.com that we put all of her toys in, wasn't too expensive and it looks nice.

@heyitsmamac‌ I just LOL'ed, I can totally relate

I am feeling much better after a glass of wine.
  • I'll have to check them out! Thanks @JRT512‌ !!

• sweett11 said:

@Caitlinh27‌ we bought this one. It's by Ashley Furniture and opens up and has storage inside. We keep blankets in it but there is a lot of space.

Love that one!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"