Trouble TTC
Options

Late period after HSG

Hi I'm new to this site.

I'm just wondering if anyone had a late period after a HSG scan?

Bit of background:

I'm 31 and my husband is 37. We've been trying to conceive for a year now.

I've had bloods and all was ok except for my thyroid. I'm now taking 50mg of levothyroxine.

My husbands semen analysis came back borderline. 1% morphology, 26% motility 20mil count.

I was due on my period on Monday 1st, I'm 6 days late and have done three pregnancy tests.

I'm never late, my cycles are always 28 days.

I'm really worried. I've booked an appointment to see my GP on Tuesday.

Any advice would be appreciated

Re: Late period after HSG

• Options
    So sorry you're having a "strange" cycle just to throw more stress into the mix of fertility testing!!

It's common for HSG cycles to have somewhat delayed ovulation. If you don't temp, you wouldn't necessarily realize that you O'ed later and therefore your period will come later after your normal luteal phase length.

There's always the possibility of a random anovulatory cycle or one with very late ovulation. In your situation, since you've always had regular periods, I might call the doctor more like 35-40 days and ask for a progesterone level to see if you've O'ed already or if you could kickstart AF.

BTW YH's SA results look very similar to my DH's recent levels. The RE told us that IUI was an excellent option to put us on a more even playing field with people who don't have male factor infertility, and even said that we had close to a 20% chance per month. He did mention that morphology would be the limiting factor, but hopefully YH will get some helpful treatments or explanation from a urologist. Mine is so brave about his hCG shots and it looks like it might be working. :)
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Options
    You probably just ovulated late. I ovulated late the cycle of my hsg. Not sure if that was the cause, or the meds, or just random.

TTC since March 2012
    DX: MFI (4% motility)

Cycle 13: Natural cycle w/ HSG test = BFP
    Identical twins! 
    Lost my angel boys at 10.5 weeks

Cycle 14-16: Natural Cycles = BFN
    Cycle 17: Follistim + Trigger + IUI = BFN
    Cycle 18: Natural Cycle = BFN
    Cycle 19: Follistim + Trigger +IUI#2
    Polyp found: SIS 11/11 - hysteroscopy 11/14
    Cycle 20: Follistim + IUI#2 = BFFN
    Cycle 21: Follistim (adj. dosage) + IUI#3 TI  = BFN
    IUI cancelled due to weather
    Cycle 22: Follistim + IUI#3.1 = BFN

Cycle 23: treatment break, IVF consult
    Cycle 24 - 26: natural cycle w/ acupuncture + Chinese herbs = BFN
    Cycle 27: Follistim + IUI#4 = BFFN
    Natural Cycles until IVF
    Cycle 30: IVF#1 - Starting with Menopur + Follistim + Ganirelix
    17 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 5dt w/ 2 blasts, 5 frosties

Betas:  #1-156(9dp5dt), #2-1200(13dp5) #3-6112(17dp5)
    Ultrasound #1 10/6: 1 bean!
    TEAM BLUE!

My Chart
    ~~ALL WELCOME~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I ovulated late as well the cycle of my hsg. I thing the stress of the procedure (it was very uncomfortable for me and took forever!) is what did it for me, maybe the same has happened to you?!?
    ***pregnancy and loss mentioned***

Me: 31 DH: 31
    Dx: unexplained IF
    TTC since March 2013 
    IUI#1 with OB: BFN (April 2014 - clomid 50mg)
    IUI#2 with OB: BFN (June 2014 - clomid 50mg)
    IUI#3 with OB: BFN (July 2014 - clomid 50mg)
    IUI#4 with RE: BFN (August 2014 - clomid 50mg, ovidrel 250mcg, Crinone 8%)
    IVF #1 with pICSI in November
    ER 11/13 - 14R, 13M, 11F
    ET 11/19 - 2 grade AA hatched blasts transferred
    Beta #1: 58 - BFP!!, Beta #2: 140, Beta #3: 347, Beta #4: 931
    First u/s 12/19 - baby measuring 6w4d with HR of 116
    Second u/s 12/29 - baby measuring only 7 weeks, no heart beat detected
    01/02/15 - misoprostol administered vaginally

• Options
    Welcome.  I think the others pretty much said it all.  I wouldn't worry about a late period unless you go months without it and are still getting BFNs.  Sounds like you could have ovulated later than you thought.  It could have been the stress of the procedure.  You said you just started medication for your Thyroid, that could have thrown off your hormones and affected ovulation.  Point being, don't stress too much over a late period, it happens.

TTC #1

Me: AMA, DH: MFI

Official DX - MFI due to Hemochromatosis

IVF #1 Nov. 2014 - ER 11/10 (10R 6M 6F) - ET 11/13 

3DT of 3 embies - no frosties - CP = BFFN!!!!

****All Welcome****

imageimage

• Options
    Hello everyone,

Thank you for all your support and advice.

I called the hospital where I had my hsg and spoke to one of the doctors, he said he's never known a hsg to delay a period. I find that strange when I've read so many forums suggesting that it does.

I have made an appointment to see my GP on Tuesday. Still no sign of period.

We are due to go back to the fertility hospital soon so hopefully they'll have some answers for us.

:-)
  • Options
    Update. My period arrived today. 9 days late after HSG scan.

Medical professionals say a HSG scan cannot effect your cycle and shouldn't delay periods. After researching many sites, hundreds of women have had delayed periods afterwards.

I had an internal ultrasound on Monday and they're now saying I have a thin uterus lining. It was only 5mm thick and should be double that.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Any recommendations on how to improve it naturally?

This whole process is taking it's toll on me and I'm becoming more and more down about it. The worst thing is I've been pregnant before so I know I can conceive.

:-(
  • Options
    My first period after HSG is just now due. I have a feeling its gonna be late too.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"