March 2014 Moms
Options

Ear infections

Has anyone's lo had one? What signs or symptoms did they have. I am going to make an appt for her today but she really hasn't been showing symptoms that I can think of that would relate to an ear infection. The only thing that has been happening is that when she wakes in motn she will not go back down in her crib! We can rock her and she'll pass out but then wakes when put into her crib. This never has happened before usually I could put her down awake in the motn and she would pass out. my mom said I never used have lots of symptoms for an ear infection either so who knows. This parenting thing is rough!

Re: Ear infections

• Options

My LO had one a few weeks ago,  never showed any signs.  I took her in because of some nasty green boogies and congestion.  Dr found a partially filled ear and decided antibiotics would help both since it was a Friday afternoon and would probably get worse over the weekend. 

I would rather take LO in and find out it is nothing then sit on it and it end up serious!!

Good luck!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Fussy, tugging at their ear especially while eating, not wanting to eat as much because the sucking hurts their ear, and no signs at all. Eli had a double one a few months ago.
    Married 11/23/11, TTC starting 10/12, BFP#1 11/30/12, Adoption of stepson finalized 03/19/13,Loss of our daughter at 20w4d due to incompetent cervix 03/27/13, BFP#2 06/28/13, DS2 born 3/1/14.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have an appt at 230 hoping to figure things out
  • Options
    Hope your appt went well. Emma is on her last day on antibiotics for one. She had no fever, a cough and a slightly stuffy nose. She touched her ear maybe two times over the course of a few days so we took her in to be safe.

• Options
    Crying and tugging on ear, coughing, stuffy nose and irritable. LO had 10 days of antibiotics and slept with a dehumidifier those nights. Saline drops in nose helped with the congestion.
  • Options
    We thankfully don't have an ear infection! She did say that she appears to have lots of buds in her mouth so she suspects a bad case of teething. We already have two teeth it sounds like we will be getting more very soon! She recommended orajel naturals so going to go get that and see if it makes a difference.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"