January 2015 Moms
Options

50 Most (and least) common names

Re: 50 Most (and least) common names

• Options
    kellyfo14kellyfo14 member
    edited September 2014
    My first 2 are nowhere on there. Our new baby will be in the top 15 but we are giving her an unusual middle name so hopefully that helps. One more thing, I don't think it is fair that weird spellings of popular names should be considered "least common" Jaycob?

Edit: typo
  • Options
    wow.  DS's middle name is on there but not his first, which is shocking because it's a pretty common name.  am i just not seeing it?  his first name is robert.

i don't see any of our front runners for this baby on there, boy or girl.

also, i dislike alternate spellings making a name "less common"...camryn might not be a common spelling but i know at least 6 camerons (in different spellings, including a camryn).
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD is #49, she's a Claire. No idea what we will call DS but there are some good options on here :)
  • Options
    My daughter's name isn't in the top 1000 because it is the less common (though legitimate) spelling. However, the common spelling of her name was number 106 in 2013 and her nick name was 83. (Elinor/Eleanor/Nora)

Baby girl's name was 645 last year. (Matilda)

If this baby had been a boy, the name we would have used was 821 last year. (Duncan)
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    Nope, neither my dd nor this baby's names are on either lists. My dd is Anja and dd2 will be Caroline.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have 2 boy names we're choosing from, both are there.
    We have 10 stinkin' girl names we can't seem to narrow down. 4/8 are there.
    We tend to like popular names, though, so it's no surprise.
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • Options
    Nope, but Ella was on the top 50. We chose the name Ellie...
  • Options
    My girl name is too 50. Doesn't bother me though.
  • Options
    This baby's name is in the top 50. I'm okay with that though. I wanted to give her a name that people know, that has an established spelling. It's a solid name.
  • Options
    All I got out of that list was BAYLEIGH

• Options
    DD is top 15 and this ones name will be 20 for boys!
  • Options
    DD, Caroline, isn't on there. Neither is the potential name for this one if it's a girl (Lucy). I doubt our boy name will ever be in the top 50 (Rory).

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

Jan 15  NOV siggy challenge: 

• Options
    My favorite girl's name is not on either of those lists, and my 1 of my 3 favorite boy's names is in the top 50 but the other 2/3 are not on there either.
  • Options
    Only one of my kids' names is on there. I have a Chloe, which was #14 but I'm sure it's higher by the time you add in the ridiculous spellings. I was a bit surprised that her mn (Victoria) was in the top 50. I don't hear it often as a fn for little girls. I wanted it to be her fn but DH wouldn't go for it.

• Options
    My top contender for girl name is on neither list.

DS's name is in the top 10. I love his name so it doesn't bother me at all
  • Options

@ladyamanuet It was me! It's the Name Nerds site

https://namenerds.com/uucn/

I spent no less than 2 hours on that site when you suggested it the first time. I didn't bookmark the page and was sad when I didn't remember it. I know what I'll be doing before I fall asleep... :)

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

Jan 15  NOV siggy challenge: 

• Options
    My DD's name wasn't on either list. The name we have picked for a girl is in the top 40's but the boy name we have picked out wasn't in either list.
  • Options
    Nope, none of mine are on there.
  • Options
    My daughter is #27 most popular, Lily. This little guy's didn't make either list :D
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yup - both are on there. Rocky and Astrid.
  • Options
    One of my girl names was on the bottom 50 boy list, but otherwise none here!

I agree these name lists are like crack! We've had our boy name picked out for a long time, but it's still fun to look. Girl name is still very much up in the air.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"