Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Sleep Help

My son is 14 weeks old today and will not sleep for more than 10 minutes during the day or 2 hours overnight without being held. If I hold him he will sleep 3+ hours straight with no problem. He slept great without being held until about 10 weeks old. I feel like I've tried everything with no luck so I'm hoping I may find other suggestions here. He has always been swaddled as his arms and legs are constantly moving. I recently purchased a Merlin's Magic Sleep Suit which basically had no effect. He is EBF and nurses to sleep/comfort nurses overnight. He has slept in his glider swing since day 1, his crib causes massive meltdowns almost instantaneously. I go back to work in 4 weeks and I worry about him not sleeping during the day. I welcome any and all insight into his sleeping habits and transitioning to his crib.

Re: Sleep Help

• flclflcl member
    Is the swing in his room by his crib?  If not, I would try starting there.  Then, try decreasing the speed of his swing slowly over days until he is just sleeping in his unmoving swing.  Transitioning him into his crib at that point should (fingers crossed) be relatively easy.  Do you have a consistent night time routine?  If the swaddle is still working for him (and he's not rolling over) keep using the swaddle.  Do you use blackout shades and a noise machine?  LO needs all the bells and whistles to sleep in our house.  Hang in there... baby sleep can be so tough.
  • DS is the same. Champ at night but a meat head during the day about nap.

I put him down in his bed to start his nap. When he cries then I put him in my carrier. I haven't been too consistent with it and I know I need to be consistent if I want it to work. I'm hoping by starting in his bed he will go longer and longer until he falls asleep on his own. He doesn't care to nurse to sleep during the day.

So I'm not much help. Just offering sympathy. A lot of kids though sleep very different at dc than at home. Different environment.
  • Loading the player...
  • oh no I'm so sorry. Most of the sleep suits/sacks didn't work for us either but the zipadee zip sack was the best one we found. Our daughter loves it bc she can move around but feels secure. It was a great way to transition from the swaddle and she def slept longer stretches bc of it. I hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"