April 2015 Moms
Options

Pregnant and working

Anyone else in the military? I wanted to keep my pregnancy hush hush for a little while longer, but in the military the second the dr confirms the pregnancy you get out on profile which the CDR can see and the medical officer, then you have to go to pregnancy pt while everyone is at unit pt.....now the cat is out of the bag :( anyone deal with this?

Re: Pregnant and working

• Options
    Same here! I had to tell my Command and once you get pulled off certain duty, it's hard to keep that a secret for long! I wanted to wait until after the 1st tri, so now my whole unit knows and I haven't had a chance to tell my family yet. I totally understand : )
    A15 January siggy challenge: Workout/Fitness Fails

IT'S A BOY! EDD: April 3, 2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That's a bummer!

BFP: 08.11.14   EDD: 04.11.15
    IT'S A GIRL!!!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same thing happens in the fire department.  Everyone knows I'm not riding and it's a pretty easy guess why.

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• Options
    I am a nurse...had to tell everyone right away. It's not the best but it has to be.
  • Options

I suppose I lucked out. Only a few people get my profile, so I went to my first sergeant and explained that I wanted to keep things quiet until my second tri. He reminded the folks in the notification chain of their HIPAA requirements (patient privacy..they aren't supposed to be discussing your medical profile with others).

I can't tell from your OP if people already know or if you're concerned that they will, but I'd suggest getting ahead of the gossip and letting the folks in the notification chain know you don't want this info shared with the rest of the unit. As for PT, there are plenty of reasons not to be at regular group PT. You could just say you are on a profile, you could say you have remedial exercise time, or just attend regular PT and modify the workout.

GL!

Me: 26 DH:27
    Military family
    TTC#1 Jan 14

BFP! 17 Aug 2014 | EDD 26 April 15

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I wish my unit would do that, my unit has profile pt, but if you are pregnant it is a division requirement to go to pregnancy pt, plus as an officer I could totally sham, but then pregnant soldiers aren't allowed to do that so it wouldn't be fair for me to do it, this unit makes it very hard to keep anything a secret
  • Options
    I wish my unit would do that, my unit has profile pt, but if you are pregnant it is a division requirement to go to pregnancy pt, plus as an officer I could totally sham, but then pregnant soldiers aren't allowed to do that so it wouldn't be fair for me to do it, this unit makes it very hard to keep anything a secret
  • Options
  • Options
    Yeah, I assume you are Army? I'm AF, and at least for us, as an officer we can volunteer to lead PT. Maybe you could say you want to spend some time with the other soldiers?

Me: 26 DH:27
    Military family
    TTC#1 Jan 14

BFP! 17 Aug 2014 | EDD 26 April 15

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I just had my first annual review so I feel okay talking to management, but I'm still waiting until the twelve week mark.

BabyFruit Ticker

November Siggy Challenge: Selfie Fails

Hidden for the sake of your eyes!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"