Cloth Diapering

child care stash question

I'm hiring a nanny and going back to work.  I'm having a hard time wanting anyone but my H and I using our AIOS.  I have 8 covers tuckable covers and 24 prefolds.  If I prefold and tuck for her do you think 1.  Its reasonable to ask her to use those and 2.  Is that a good amount of prefolds if I am asking her to exclusively use those.  I am torn between going crazy and buying a bunch of kawaii just for her to use or buying another dozen prefolds.  What say you guys? 
Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
<3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
Asher Benjamin  April 2010
Lola Aisling  May 2014

Re: child care stash question

• Can I ask why you hesitate to let the nanny use the AIOs? And, yes, I think it's reasonable to have her/him use the prefolds/covers. Wouldn't be much more difficult than an AIO if the covers are prestuffed.

• JEPES1348 said:
    Can I ask why you hesitate to let the nanny use the AIOs? And, yes, I think it's reasonable to have her/him use the prefolds/covers. Wouldn't be much more difficult than an AIO if the covers are prestuffed.
    I just love my stash and don't want to ever have to write a "OMG look what the nanny did to my dipe" post.  Honestly, its a lame issue and it isn't rational, but*  if I can easily fix it with the other stuff I have I'm going to go with it.  Also Lola's changing station is in my bedroom and it is where I store her dipes.  I do not want the nanny in my room.  So I figure I'll set up a small station downstairs and prefolds and covers take up much less space.  I could be less lazy and just count her out dipes every morning, but meh. 

Infertility

My Spring Babies! 
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Loading the player...
  • I think in a nanny situation prefolds are reasonable.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Perfectly reasonable to do the pfs. I say if she can't figure it out, can her ass ;)

But really, they're not difficult
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • TJ1979 said:
    GL keeping the nanny out of your room. I hope she doesn't poop in your master bathroom.
    lol I don't have a master bath :( 

Infertility

My Spring Babies! 
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Mandmeesh said:

Perfectly reasonable to do the pfs. I say if she can't figure it out, can her ass ;)

But really, they're not difficult

I don't think it's unreasonable either. I don't know why dc insist on aio or pockets. Seriously 3 seconds more. But I accepted everything and just happy to have students in cloth.
  • Sounds fine as long as you show her how to use them. I only send certain diapers to daycare - I totally understand your feeling about that! (I'm going to have a chat tomorrow about how they should not unsnap the rise and how they should not fold the diaper together like a sposie after its used and attach the velcro to the outside of the PUL....argh...) But...that's why I only send certain ones to daycare.
  • so should I buy another dozen prefolds and just wait and see if the 24 is enough?

Infertility

My Spring Babies! 
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • mine always did that with the velcro on the pul too!!  ugh!
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I say it's totally legit to have your nanny using prefolds. I mean, I get why daycares need AIOs/pockets, since there are always different people rotating and changing diapers. If you're paying one nanny, she should be able to figure the darn things out.

• TJ1979 said:

GL keeping the nanny out of your room. I hope she doesn't poop in your master bathroom.

lol I don't have a master bath :( 

You should be golden then!
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Even though our nanny clearly didn't work out, she did use mostly flats and prefolds, she actually preferred the flats. So yes, I would say very reasonable

Oh and I'd specify that you don't want her in your room. When I got home I found the nanny in my bed.. .yes not even on it but IN it. I had no words... People are weird.

• Wait, what?

Wtf was she doing in your bed? And where was your baby??

Yeah, this.
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

• Haha she was just sitting there holding the baby. He was asleep. I was so shocked and weirded/grossed out (I'm a slight germaphobe) that I didn't ask why she was in our bed. She was pretty surprised to see me.

• It surprises me the lack of boundaries some people have.

TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • When I got home I found the nanny in my bed.. .yes not even on it but IN it. I had no words... People are weird.
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I know...crazy. All I cared about was getting my baby in my arms. I kind of wish I would have asked...just to hear her logic about why it seemed appropriate or a good idea.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"