Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Gallbladder Surgery?

Hi Ladies!  I'm getting ready to have gallbladder surgery after two ER visits within the last year (once while I was pregnant).  I'm a stay at home mom with an 8 month old boy...  Any advice for how to manage after the surgery?  The kid weighs 22 lbs and I'm worried about the no-lifting rule...  Just wondering what others have done...  I don't really have a lot of people around to help and hubby can't take much time off of work.  Ideas are much appreciated!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Gallbladder Surgery?

• I wasn't pregnant yet when I had my gallbladder surgery, so I can't completely relate, but I didn't think the recovery was too bad.  I had a couple days of pain, and a few more days of discomfort, but after that, I was feeling pretty good.  Be careful with the lifting restriction, though.  You certainly don't want to have any setbacks.  When is your surgery scheduled?  I'll be praying for you. 
  • Just happened to see your post on the main page, this isn't my board, but anyway, I had gallbladder surgery 9 weeks pp with DD1. Recovery was really easy, within like a day or so I was doing everything normally. If you can get some help for a few days, that would be good. Especially for lifting baby into and out of the crib etc. Do as much as possible on the ground, diaper changes, even consider feeding baby on the floor, in a portable high chair.

Good luck, I felt so much better after surgery!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks, Ladies!  Yes - it's the lifting restriction I'm worried about.  But the surgeon seems to think I'll do just fine.  He thinks I'll recover really quickly.  Let's hope!  @CafeRed, my surgery is set for Sept. 22nd.  Thanks for the prayers!  They're much appreciated!  ;)

BabyFruit Ticker

• Hi ladies! I had my gallbladder when my second son was 3 1/2 months. My recovery was about 2 weeks. I was moving around hunchback for about that time. I could hold my son if I was sitting down, but I couldn't pick him up for about 1 week. My biggest concern was him kicking my stomach. My biggest struggle was simply getting up whether it be out of bed, or off a chair or couch. Definitely if possible have someone help you the first few days. Good luck!
  • I had my gallbladder out when dd was 1 month old. Honestly, I was almost back to normal activity in 3 days. I was just told not to lift anything heavier than baby. It worked out fine. The second day after the surgery I had a lot of muscle pain in my neck from the gas moving out of my abdomen. That was the worst part, and it wasn't that bad. You are going to feel so much better when it's out!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"