January 2015 Moms
Options

At how many weeks can you feel the baby kick from the outside (2nd pregnancy)?

edited August 2014 in January 2015 Moms
I'm a little "fluffy" and pregnant with my second baby. I don't really remember how many weeks I was when I felt my daughter move from the outside (first pregnancy), but I think it was about 20.. I never really lost all of the weight from my first pregnancy, and don't know if that will cause me to not feel this baby move from the outside around the same time?

Re: At how many weeks can you feel the baby kick from the outside (2nd pregnancy)?

• Options
    I'm 22 weeks with an anterior placenta, and I still can't feel it consistently on the outside.
  • Options
    Just started to at the beginning of my 18th week and I'm a STM. Last pregnancy I think it was more like 20 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    22 weeks here FTM me and DH can see baby girl move ;;) it's sooo cute.
  • Options
    I'm pregnant with my second and I started feeling kicks from the outside at 17 weeks. With my first pregnancy, I had an anterior placenta and didn't feel movement until 22 weeks. It's one of the things I enjoy most about pregnancy, it's such an amazing feeling!

Pregnancy TickerimageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    I started feeling outside kicks at 17 weeks with this, my second pregnancy.
  • Options
    FTM was able to feel/see movement from outside at 18 weeks.
  • Options
    H was able to feel her on the outside for the first time two days ago, so just shy of 22 weeks. I also have an anterior placenta, so feeling her is less consistent. I probably saw my first kick from the outside sometime within the week before H could feel her.

• Options
    This is my third pregnancy, and I've still got a bit of a belly left from previous too. I would say I first felt outside kicks maybe around 20 weeks? But, of course, they weren't consistent, and she'd always stop when DH tried to feel! The only reason that I actually realized that I could feel from the outside was that she tried to kick my arm off of my belly once, haha. Of course, like everything else, the answer to your question is going to be a little different for everyone, but I don't think that a bit of extra "fluff" makes much of a difference.
  • Options
    FTM and I was around 20 weeks when it could be felt on outside (that's when my husband felt).
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • Options
    STM and I can't even really feel her moving around on the inside yet. I checked my pregnancy blog from last time, and it was 22w3d when I said that we could see and feel her from the outside. I was hoping it would be sooner this time, but oh well.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options

This is my third pregnancy, and I've still got a bit of a belly left from previous too. I would say I first felt outside kicks maybe around 20 weeks? But, of course, they weren't consistent, and she'd always stop when DH tried to feel! The only reason that I actually realized that I could feel from the outside was that she tried to kick my arm off of my belly once, haha. Of course, like everything else, the answer to your question is going to be a little different for everyone, but I don't think that a bit of extra "fluff" makes much of a difference.

Glad to see I'm not the only one whose baby refused to keep "performing" the second Daddy tries to feel it. Little brat! :)
  • Options
    Mine was externally about the same time as everyone else here.
    I could feel it strongly but as soon as DH tried to put his hand there baby stopped! Once DH got bored and moved hand baby started again! So funny (for me!) DH convinced it's a conspiracy. He's managed to feel baby a couple of times now but mostly baby plays this game with him ;)
    BabyFetus Ticker

#1 Son born: 18 June 2008 :) 
     #2 M/C: 23 January 2014 at 5w,2d :( 
     #3 BFP: 28 April 2014. Yay! EDD: 6th January 2015
  • Options
    Thank you for all the responses!
  • Options
    Nothing yet. I think it was after 20 weeks both times but can't remember when.
  • Options
    I'm currently 21 weeks with my second & have an anterior placenta. I started feeling outside kicks at 19.5 weeks and now I consistently feel them from the outside
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I started feeling movement internally over the past week I'm 18w. DH felt 2 light kicks this evening 18w6 days! Such a wonderful feeling
  • Options
    I will be 19w on Tuesday (in 2 days)! :)
  • Options
    Just yesterday I could feel them from the outside. I'll be 20w Wednesday!
  • Options
    I'm 19 weeks, and I haven't really felt *any* kicks yet, not even inside.   Well, maybe I have, but nothing that is at all obvious.

I'm jealous of people who already feel outside kicks!
  • Options
    This is my second pregnancy and I started feeling them the day I hit 20 weeks. I'm 20+6 right now.
  • Options
    I was 20 weeks when i first felt a kick from the outside but they were very infrequent until 22 weeks or so
  • Options
    Just yesterday both my husband & I were able to see a kick from the outside- first time for both of us!  I'm 20 weeks.
  • Options
    STM & I'm 18w and I just started to feel like I can actually feel kicks vs. flutters.  I will say, I missed this feeling!  It's the best time to feel it all before it start to hurt like a mofo in the 3rd tri! :)
    DS #1  2/2010
  • Options
    FTM and first felt kicks from the outside at 18 weeks. I started being able to visibly see movement last week (21 weeks). 

TTC since August 2011 Me: 31 DH: 33
    May-September 2012: Monitored cycles with Letrozole
    October 2012: Cancelled IUI
    April 2014: IVF #1 w/ ICSI
    ER: 4/15 ET: 4/20 Beta #1 4/29: 54 Beta#2 5/1: 90 
    1st ultrasound: 5/13 (6w1d): HB 103 2nd Ultrasound: 5/22 (7w3d) HB 151

• Options
    kellyfo14kellyfo14 member
    edited September 2014
    20ish weeks and I have a bit of fluff too ;). Wait till your belly starts doing the wave later. Holy cow that is just crazy! I have videos from my first two pregnancies of my belly dancing. It is really wild. DH was never as excited as I was. He would react like: Yup, there is a baby in there... butthead. I really think I had my first two so close together (17 months) because I missed all the wiggles.
  • Options
    21 fr the outside w LO#2. Forgot how far along i was when i felt DD fr the outside.

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Options
    The baby was kicking on the outside when it was about a day old
  • Options
    Mine is the same way - as soon as DH tries to feel him, he goes quiet. Then once DH is bored, he throws a punch that I can see/feel from the outside. I think it frustrates me more than it does DH.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"