January 2014 Moms
Options

This place is lame lately! GTKY time!

MiaMyPuggleMiaMyPuggle member
edited August 2014 in January 2014 Moms
LO's best feature:.........and is it yours or SO's?

Have you compared your LO to a friend's baby and thought....damn my baby is way cuter?

Have you and SO had the inevitable "the baby is more important an me" argument?

Have you "just you wait"ed a pregnant friend yet?

Any regrets as a mom so far?

Any juicy secrets that you have been told that you swore you would never tell anyone? (that you know IRL, anyway)...you don't have to mention names...make them juicy!

Have you fallen more or less in love with SO since LO arrived? Or, is it still the same since before this little being busted into the scene??

Random thought for today AKA conversation starter bc our Jan14 board is dwindling.....
:((

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: This place is lame lately! GTKY time!

• Options
    I get comments on her dimples (H's) and bright blue eyes (H's)

Have you compared your LO to a friend's baby and thought....damn my baby is way cuter? 
    There were a couple of times, sadly!

He gets annoyed that I take care of the kids more than him (emotionally speaking)...he misses me cuddling him at night for at least an hour...I guess the closeness went away a little 

Yupper!  About having two....and I kicked myself after bc I HATED when ppl did that to me...I don't care how true it is!

Getting mad at DS for every little thing...I want to lay off....I don't care how stressful two can be....he doesn't deserve my wrath just bc he's the oldest and he "should know better"

Any juicy secrets that you have been told that you swore you would never tell anyone? (that you know IRL, anyway)...you don't have to mention names...make them juicy!  
    One of my friends got pregnant by a married co worker several years ago and had an abortion...devastated me and I wasn't even involved...I lost sleep over it...only she and two of us friends know....now all of you....womp womp

Have you fallen more or less in love with SO since LO arrived? Or, is it still the same since before this little being busted into the scene?? 
    Def changed since the kids came into the picture...we are less connected...I told him we need to go away alone soon

Random thought for today AKA conversation starter bc our Jan14 board is dwindling.....
    I can't kick that mental image of the poor journalist who ISIS beheaded after they shot that video. I literally think about it 10 times a day. What was the man thinking when he knew he was about to die?  Did his family see that video (I hope not)?  How are they dealing with his loss?  What did those bastards do to his body afterwards?  Being a mom makes you really put yourself in their shoes. Breaks my heart. I hope my kids don't go into the military or become a journalist on the front lines....or even be a camera guy on COPS....all dangerous!  I'll keep them at home and they can work from home...their whole life.....sheltered much??

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    His dimples - which are SO's and his red hair, which is his grandpa's

Oh, yes.  Not even a little sorry. 

Nope. 

Not yet, all my recently pregnant friends were on kid 2, 3, or 4. 

Sometimes I wish I wanted to be a stay at home mom. 

Not really. 

Have you fallen more or less in love with SO since LO arrived? Or, is it still the same since before this little being busted into the scene??
    I'd say the same.  He's actually been a little better about how selfish he would be with his time and is helping more around the house. 

AnnRenee 1/21/03
    Luke 12/30/2013
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    bee1916bee1916 member
    edited August 2014
    Hard to pick just one :) I'd have to say his hair (from me) and his ice-blue eyes (dad's). Something I love to take note of are his giant "farmer" hands! My dad (who passed away last year) was a farmer and had really big hands. So big, that when he got an office job he needed to have a special keyboard with giant keys on it so he could type! My dad passed away 9 days before we found out we were having DS, so the fact that DS has a feature from my dad makes me really happy :)

Haha, maybe unconsciously. I try not to do too many comparisons because I know that they are probably thinking, "Damn! My baby is way quieter or way less high-matinence!"

Nope. We've argued about other baby-related things, but never about DS being more important than each other. 

I've thought it to myself, but I haven't said it to anyone. I hated that when I was pregnant! Everyone is different and handles parenting things differently, so it's not really my place. I will say that when I came back from maternity leave a co-worker was expecting and told me that she was only going to take 6 weeks of leave because she was never one to enjoy sitting around and not working. I did think, "Just wait!" and sure enough, now that her LO is here and we're going back to work, she told me she wishes she could stay home with her baby. I felt the same way (and still do)!

I regret not having newborn pictures. We took our own pictures and we have professional pictures when he was about 1 month old, but I wish I had some brand-new baby pics from a professional photographer.

Ugh, most of my "juicy" secrets right now have to do with a family member in the process of a divorce from a former friend. So, rather than being juicy, they are just stressful and I can't wait until it's all over with.

Have you called more or less in love with SO since LO arrived? Or, is it still the same since before this little being busted into the scene??
    I'd say that it's a different kind of love now. Like, I love DH for the same reasons I did before LO, but now I also love him for the transformation he's made during fatherhood. Seeing him snuggle with our baby and play with him is extremely attractive!

I'm way flipping excited about the new copier we got at work. You can swipe your name badge to login now (among other new features haha)! I'm actually more excited about the sweet copier than I am about the laptops we're getting!
    ETA: spelling
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Met & fell in love in '02 Married in '10
    Our first is in Heaven- we said goodbye in September 2012
  • Options
    @rgoblue‌ - I'm right there with u! Once a month is our average...I go to bed at midnight and H is a grandpa and goes to bed at 10:30 (which is normal for everyone but me!). DS goes to bed at 9:30-10, so after my shower, H goes to bed....during naps on the weekends, H is doing yard work and I'm doing house work...maybe this winter we will have time! Ha

• Options

He looks like me but in a MUCH cuter way.  His smile is the best.  He is so flirtatious!

Absolutely!  He is much cuter (and mellow-er) than all the babies at his daycare.  He has those ladies wrapped around his little finger!

Nope.  We pretty much agree on these things or I try to make time for something else if I missed doing something for DH.

In my head a million times.  Out loud, nope.  I try to not be irritating to them.

I sincerely wish I could be home more now that he is older and we can do more "stuff".  And that I had vacation left. (Damn you! maternity leave policy!!!)

Nah. I'm too boring for people to tell me secrets.

I'd say it's about the same.  But we have way less time together.  I reall wish we lived near family so that we could have a babysitter every so often and not feel guilty about leaving him with someone else in the evenings.

FFFC. I feel like I should call CPS about my coworker.  It's a long story but she adopted her brothers girl when she was orphaned (14 year ago) and has a boy or her own the same age.  She recently married someone who is about 13 years younger thatn here (he's early 20's).  She says she treats the girl like her own but what she describes to me and says about the girl is a completely different thing.  And a couple situations recently with her husband are bordering the abuse line in their specific situation I think (chin grabbing the girl when she is on a typical teenage girl rant, etc).  Now they are shipping the girl off to her grandmothers so that the grandmother can "do her duty" since they wouldn't take the girl in the beginning.  My coworker has "gotten her this far.  It's time for someone else to take over the chore."

I feel sooooo sorry for this child and want to take her myself.

• Options
    LO's best feature:.........and is it yours or SO's? Smile, and he definitely looks like me when he smiles. I love it!

Have you compared your LO to a friend's baby and thought....damn my baby is way cuter? BWAH, of course. Is that bad? I mean, he IS really cute. I have also thought, however, that everyone was crazy for telling me how cute he was when he was newborn to about 2 or 3 months, looking back on pics this kid was freaky looking. Ha!

Have you and SO had the inevitable "the baby is more important an me" argument? No, mostly we argue over whose turn it is to get up with him if he wakes up at 530am.

Have you "just you wait"ed a pregnant friend yet? Never! I only give them advice when they ask too. Or at least I try.

Any regrets as a mom so far? About becoming one at all? No. Though I do sometimes get frustrated and cry over how crappy I am at it sometimes (I know I'm probably not as crappy as I think), and totally freak out about having TWO in ONE year like a fucking idiot. (I know, what did I think would happen when I didn't go back on the pill? I really don't know. I thought it would take 6-12 months. Sigh.)

Any juicy secrets that you have been told that you swore you would never tell anyone? (that you know IRL, anyway)...you don't have to mention names...make them juicy! Hmmm. I don't think so. God I'm boring, LOL.

Have you fallen more or less in love with SO since LO arrived? Or, is it still the same since before this little being busted into the scene?? While we probably do have more frequent spats, I definitely love him even more. He's just soooo helpful and tries so hard to keep our house running perfectly. We threw a massive bash for DS's christening and he did 85% of the work. He's just the best.

Have you dropped your baby or have they taken a nose dive off of something yet? Hasn't happened to me yet, but I did have a HEART ATTACK the other day when DS was sitting and playing on the kitchen floor, and suddenly flopped backwards and hit his head with a huge THUD. He was sitting on his play mat so it was fine but he still got startled and started screaming and I freaked out. The thud was really loud!
    TWO Babies in 2014!
    DS #1 Born 01/07/2014, DS #2 Born 12/17/2014

• Options
    Her GORGEOUS full lips - all DH's (I wish they were from me)

Yes :\"> I kind of hate to admit that

Actually, no! We've done a really good job of checking in with each other often and making our needs clear. H was super understanding for the first 3 months when I was completely wrapped up in DD, and since then I've made an effort to spend time alone with H even if it means a little less sleep for me

Yes but it's been more "just wait til ____, it's so wonderful!" For the crappy stuff, I usually say something more along the lines of "____ might happen and it's okay to hate some things about pregnancy and being a parent." I had guilt about not loving every moment of pregnancy and the newborn stage and over not connecting immediately with DD. Hearing from other moms that had experienced that really helped me forgive myself so I try to share it with as many moms/future moms as I can

Yes only one. In the hospital, they were short staffed after DD was born (she was in the nursery for IV antibiotics/observation due to trouble breathing after my CS). They kept telling me they were too busy to bring me to see her, so I didn't meet her until 17 hours after birth. I get very emotional when I think of it and wish I had spoken up for us (although I've let go of the anger/guilt towards myself, I still feel very sad about it)

It's a secret! What if someone I know is on here and has figured out that I'm me?

Have you called more or less in love with SO since LO arrived? Or, is it still the same since before this little being busted into the scene??
    More. I love seeing him with DD, and he does so much for me - I really couldn't ask for more

I'm curious about what others are doing around screen time with their LO's. "They" say no screen time til 2 years is best, but I selfishly don't want to give up my TV shows, computer, and cell phone! Anyone else?
  • Options

Best feature would probably be hair, she's a ginger like her mom! She also got my full lips which I never thought much about until so many have commented on them on her. I wish she had got my blue eyes though.

Yes but it was a coworkers baby and the coworker is completely ass. Also the baby has a umm... I'll say unique look.

Not really, we both dote on her.

No, but I did talk to a friend that's considering not having kids and told her that being a mom has been the most challenging yet rewarding thing I've done and that I was so glad we did decide to have a baby (we were on the fence for a couple years about having kids). I heard the same thing from other moms when we were on the fence and just shrugged it off. You really just don't get it until you have a baby.

I wish breastfeeding had worked. I really gave it my all and when It was obvious it was not working then I pumped about 75% of her needs until she was 4 months. I'm fine with her having formula, just would have liked to be able to breastfeed.

Yeah I'm boring too.

I would say the love is still the same but feeling very disconnected from each other right now. We need to start making our relationship a priority. There just aren't enough hours in the day, we're either trying to spend time with her or both busy cooking/cleaning/mowing, etc. so there really hasn't been much time for just the two of us.

We finally bought a new car! DH had a two door and it was just not working. We knew we were going to have to replace it, just dragging our feet because damn are those things expensive! I guess that's more of an AW, but that's my random thought.
  • Options
    @MiaMyPuggle‌
    I didn't watch the video for that reason. I just don't understand being able to do that to another person.

@‌rgoblue
    Yeah, we don't. We're also on a once a month schedule. I think improving that would help the disconcert we're feeling so we really need to work on it. I'm just never in the mood so it makes it hard for me to try to make it a priority.
  • Options

@rgoblue We shower together.  It's his favorite way, I think!  But don't feel like you're out of the norm too much.  We're pretty much on the 1-2 times a month schedule as well.  It's hard.  He works shift work and I go to bed so early and there are a gazillion things to do......

@Rebis58 I think if my kid could talk he would be quoting Bing Bang Theory all the time...

I don't think it's too big a deal.  If my kids ended up coming home from school and setting in front of the TV for the rest of the evening with blank stares it would be a different matter.  But in our house the TV is usually on most of the day for noise.  We set down every so often for a break but we are constantly doing other things.  When we do watch shows in the evening it's not the blank stare kind of watching.  We try to pack lunches, stuff diapers, eat supper, talk to eat other, etc.

@MiaMyPuggle I can't even think about that journalist.  I'm trying not to because I know it will get me upset.

• Options
    Rebis58Rebis58 member
    edited August 2014
    jcwinsto said:
    **SNIP**

FFFC. I feel like I should call CPS about my coworker.  It's a long story but she adopted her brothers girl when she was orphaned (14 year ago) and has a boy or her own the same age.  She recently married someone who is about 13 years younger thatn here (he's early 20's).  She says she treats the girl like her own but what she describes to me and says about the girl is a completely different thing.  And a couple situations recently with her husband are bordering the abuse line in their specific situation I think (chin grabbing the girl when she is on a typical teenage girl rant, etc).  Now they are shipping the girl off to her grandmothers so that the grandmother can "do her duty" since they wouldn't take the girl in the beginning.  My coworker has "gotten her this far.  It's time for someone else to take over the chore."

I feel sooooo sorry for this child and want to take her myself.

Not flameful!! Call! Please! 

Even if it amounts to nothing, it MIGHT be something. Wouldn't you rather an investigation happen and nothing come of it, then always have to wonder if this poor girl who has already been through so much was being abused? There are too many kids who don't have an adult standing up to say something might be wrong. You can do it anonymously and she may never know, but you might save her life.

• Options
    @jcwinsto I agree. My mom had the TV on a lot when we were growing up, and we were all still active and played outside a lot, and all did well in school/liked to read/etc. We liked TV but would often be playing in front of it (not mesmerized) and wouldn't watch it for hours. 

Pretty soon I guess we'll have to stop watching shows like Game of Thrones and Dexter in front of DD, though! I remember my mom used to watch Unsolved Mysteries (I think? Is that the one with the creepy alien music?) And even just hearing the music would have me running out of the room. Then again I was a weird kid - when walking home from the neighbour's house at night I wouldn't be scared of an animal or person coming out of the dark, I'd be staring up at the sky scared an alien would come down and abduct me.
  • Options
    He has beautiful blue eyes that he got from his daddy.

Yes

Not that the baby is more important, but that he gives less attention to our relationship.

I think I've done it to my baby sister. Our first kids are 2 days apart and our new LO's are 5 months apart.

I regret not standing up to my boss more when I was working. Because I didn't I missed out on alot with DD when she was 5 and 6 months old.

I'm lame. I don't know any secrets. I need more friends so I can know secrets.

The same

The city designates times of Ramada rentals so now we have to change the time of DD's party.

I'm secretly happy that BIL is officially divorced. She was no good for him.

I want to go back to school, but we don't have the money right now.

We are trying to buy a house at the beginning of next year and we will have to look at schools in the area, but honestly I don't know what we need to ask and look at.
  • Options
    Her blue eyes.  They are shaped like mine but DH, DS, and I all have dark brown eyes.  I never imagined she'd have blue eyes!

Not really but I did think she was a lot cuter than DS was as a newborn.  Don't tell him.  

Nope.  He wouldn't try that sh*t with me.  

I don't encounter many pregnant people I guess.  I do laugh to myself when I hear people talking about "plans" right after delivery.  Good luck with that.  

I feel very guilty that I sometimes find my 5 year old exhausting.  I love every little bit of his energy and happy disposition but sometimes I wish it was ok to ask him to stop talking. I feel bad typing that.  

One of my best friends is going to leave her husband.  I love them both.  I support her completely but it's just such a heart-wrenching situation.  

I love my husband as much as a ever have, but I NEED him more than ever.  I am a very independent person and lots of things in my life have led me to pride myself on my self-reliance.  I'm amazed at how much more I need him now.  This is a good thing for us.   

• Options
    @rgoblue We usually make time for it before bedtime.  Or on the weekends when everyone is napping.  

• Options
    Rebis58 said:
    @jcwinsto I agree. My mom had the TV on a lot when we were growing up, and we were all still active and played outside a lot, and all did well in school/liked to read/etc. We liked TV but would often be playing in front of it (not mesmerized) and wouldn't watch it for hours. 

Pretty soon I guess we'll have to stop watching shows like Game of Thrones and Dexter in front of DD, though! I remember my mom used to watch Unsolved Mysteries (I think? Is that the one with the creepy alien music?) And even just hearing the music would have me running out of the room. Then again I was a weird kid - when walking home from the neighbour's house at night I wouldn't be scared of an animal or person coming out of the dark, I'd be staring up at the sky scared an alien would come down and abduct me.
    For me it was Star Trek.  Scared the crap outta me.  My parents would be watching it while i was trying to go to bed and 4 yo me would have to go tell them to turn the TV down.  Oh, and Nightmare Before Christmas.  I never actually watched it but the trailers gave me recuring nightmares that combined with Star Trek characters.
  • Options
    @Rebis58 - I have TV on a lot. I need my sanity, so I'm online in btw taking care of kids needs....I still give them a majority of my time, but I need an outlet sometimes. 

@SandFHasse - I've been on Zillow just looking at houses bc we need to move in 2-5 yrs bc we have outgrown this house already and I'm going insane with the disorganization!  I immediately go down the page to school ratings and if it's less than 8, I move on. 

• Options
    @MiaMyPuggle‌ Totally forgot Zillow has school ratings. I'm on there all the time. We also can't agree on whether or not we want a pool. He does, I don't. I'll look at houses and either the house looks amazing, but I hate the yard or vice versa. And stairs! Ugh. We've had stairs and hated them and then I find a 2 story and I love it. House hunting sucks.
  • Options

Her smile. Its mine as DD is the spitting image of me.

All the time!! But only because its true!

Two kids later and surprisingly we have not.

Yes,though to be honest this never really bothered me when others did it to me.

Just that I dont have enough money to give them everything I want to. I hate having to pick and choose based on finances.

I know more about my friends sex lives than I really need to or want to. One is a closet freak ( her words) who loves being tied up and two other friends both have husbands with sex/porn addictions that they frequently ask me for advice about.

I would say about the same though some of the things I love most about him have changed.

• Options
    @Rebis58 For my Mom it was "Tales from the Crypt" and I had to leave the room every time. The stories didn't scare me, but that stupid skeleton host thing freaked me out! 
    imageimageimage
    Tino--Already 4 months old!

• Options
    LO's best feature:.........and is it yours or SO's?:
    His big doe eyes. They are H's color and a bit of each of our shapes.
    Absolutely, but I'm sure they do the same to me.
    I'm not sure, we've possibly touched on it but nothing full blown.
    Yes, but the good ones. "Just you wait, this is going to be amazing"
    Nope, maybe some coulda-shoulda-wouldas but nothing I lose sleep over.
    Any juicy secrets that you have been told that you swore you would never tell anyone?
    Nope
    Have you fallen more or less in love with SO since LO arrived?
    More, he is a ridicuously amazing father and seeing him with JJ and feeling that connection they have melts me completely.

PCOS diagnosed secondary infertility

BFP #1 (letrozole 2.5mg + ovidrel) February 2016, MMC April 2016 @ 7 weeks

BFP #2 (letrozole 5mg + ovidrel) July 2016, Beta #1 359, Beta #2 745, Beta #3 11484

EDD April 9th, 2017

• Options
    LO's best feature:.........and is it yours or SO's?:
    Her eyes (mine) her lips (dads)
    Aren't we all a little biased?
    Honestly, no. But we have had several "you think your job is more important than mine" convos. Both ways.
    Not in those words...but I do send endless product suggestions
    Wishing there were two of me to balance work and time with her.
    Any juicy secrets that you have been told that you swore you would never tell anyone?
    No ?
    Have you fallen more or less in love with SO since LO arrived?
    More, absolutely. He's an amazing dad. And I have to admit the sex is better too ;)
    Lilypie - (bDmZ)Lilypie - (SUYh)
    image imageimage

• Options
    Her eyes, its both.She has my shape and dhs color

Of course,who doesn't?

Not really argument. We both agreed the baby was more important

YES! I inform many ppl the newborn phase is all about survival

I don't think so?

Nothing really juicy. I have kept many preggo friends secrets who, were not officially out and lied to others when asked if that person was pregnant

I wouldn't say I am less in love with him. Our relationship has definitely been stressed for multiple reasons.I still love him the same.  

I wish all the missing ppl who used to be frequent posters would come back. Damn you facebook ; )
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"