October 2012 Moms
Options

Toddler bed hell

So ds started climbing out of this crib a couple days ago. So I stupidly decided we should take the side off and change it into a toddler bed. At nap he refused to sleep and kept running out if the room. I tired to super nanny him back to bed but he thought that was funny. After an hour a gave up. Dh to him for a drive and he fell asleep.

So tonight was awful. Tired to let dh put him down melt down city. Then I took over sent ds2 to sleep in our room. Sat with ds2 put him back to bed like a 100 times listen to him freak. I'm lying on the floor next to the bed now scared to move. Took about an hour to get him down. It better get better. Oh and he starts daycare tomorrow.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Toddler bed hell

• Options
    Cam you close his door?

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    hugs I hope your transition goes smoothly! Fingers crossed tomorrow goes better. I'm. Dreading the transition from crib! Crib for life!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    CnAnA said:
    Cam you close his door?
    Yes but he can open it and runs into the living room giggling like running out is the best rick ever.  He is at daycare now (1st day)  so they can deal with his nap.  I'm hoping that it will get better tonight - in my head I have 2 week plan.  I just keep ignoring him and putting him back to bed. 

Luckily he did okay through the night and slept to 6:30 - which is a little early for him but not ridiculas.

• Options
    @Wally3 what about a baby gate just outside the door? Or just inside the door.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options

CnAnA said:
    @Wally3 what about a baby gate just outside the door? Or just inside the door.
    I'm going to try a baby get outside the door - however ds1 needs to be able to get out without waking DS2 because he gets up early but is old enough to quietly entertain himself without waking up everybody else. So I need to make sure he can work babygate but ds2 can't.

• Options
    Or use a baby gate that has a door in the middle that you lift the latch and open. My nephew is 3 and he can operate it with no problem at his house.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Options
    Hugs man i will probably be last to transition to the bed
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Took an hour again tonight.  I dread nap tomorrow.  We got our baby gate out of storage - thought I could use it for nap anyway.  It look low and I think ds will be able to scale it in no time.  We will see. 

• Options
    mbm1983 said:
    Mine loves her crib. but she is all over the place in it. i think if we took the rail off even if she didn't get out by herself she'd fall out at some point in the night.

it'd be nice not to have to buy another crib next year but i don't think she's ready for a toddler bed yet.
    Will you be putting LO2 in a crib right away? You might want to wait to buy a 2nd crib. I put James in a crib during the day for naps, and Rebekah tried climbing in his crib constantly, which prompted her to realize she could climb OUT of hers. So we ended up putting her mattress on the floor within a week of bringing James home haha. Audrey might surprise you and be ready for a toddler bed by the time your next LO is here! 

Oh, and Rebekah always flopped around like a fish in her bed too, which is why we just put the mattress on the floor instead of dealing with her falling out of a toddler bed. You'll survive! 
    ;)
    DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
  • Options
    Nap time went better. I got a gate out  and told DS if he stayed in bed I would sit with him if he kept getting out I would leave and put up the gate.  He hated the gate and freaked out.  So after a few minutes I gave him another chance, then gate again.  The 2nd time he stayed in bed and fell alseep took about 30 min - big improvement over the last 2 nights.

• Options
    We moved Alexis to a twin bed last weekend.the first night I ended up sleeping with her because we forgot the toddler railing. The next night she kept waking up and crying, but we left the door cracked. The next night she slept better. I think the next day she slept through the night. She had been back and forth since, but it helps I still nurse her to sleep and I leave once I know she is fully asleep.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • Options
    I just want the crib back. Why oh why did she gave to dive out of it and fall forehead first on to the hardwood !?! I just want to put the rail back on but obviously that could be tragic so we will struggle on.

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"