March 2015 Moms

When do you feel movement?

I'm not sure if I was dreaming or if I was woke up last night by baby movement! I got all excited and was some sort of disoriented so im not sure? Has anyone felt movement at 14 weeks!

Re: When do you feel movement?

• It's possible if you are a second time mom, if not I doubt it. I'm a STM and I'm over 14 and don't feel much yet except a little wriggling. Everyone is different. Btw this is asked constantly
    autism photo: AUTISM autismglitter.gifBabyFruit Tickerphoto d61f26e5-4fb2-4a0b-b301-b0af2b53d4d3.jpg
  • not typically, if this is your first. They (Dr's or some other wizards) that some women can feel movement that early in second and subsequent pregnancies; but with the first it's 16 weeks at earliest, but most not until after 20 weeks. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel like I had a couple flutters, but I'm a STM & almost 14 weeks. But I totally couldn't remember from last time. When does it change from flutters to kicks, 20 weeks??
  • The answer: you feel movement when you feel movement. It is different for everyone. If you're a FTM I highly doubt you are feeling movement.

FTMs typically don't until 20 weeks or later. That said, I'm a STM and I've definitely been feeling flutters for about a week now.
  • Even if you could feel movement, I doubt it would be strong enough to wake you up. This early it will be really light.

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yesterday we went for our 12 week ultrasound and the little one was moving all around, I told the tech how amazed I was I couldn't feel all that she told told me you won't feel any of it until 20 weeks or so, anything before that is usually gas.  ;)
    For SuzyQ0525 and all the loss moms.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

March 2015 Siggy Challenge - Animals being jerks

• This is our third child, and I think I've been feeling flutters for maybe a week or a little less. I'm 11 weeks, but I still doubt myself. I just can't remember the time frame with my older two (they are 6 & 7)
  • Can I ask a possibly stupid question? Why is it that FTMs are less likely to feel movement earlier? Is it a physiological reason (tighter muscles or something?) or that you don't know what it feels like so you won't recognize it?

image  image

TTC #1 May 2014

BFP 7/4/14 ~ EDD 3/17/15

My Chart

BabyFetus Ticker
  • This is my 4th and it was sort of like a roll from the top to the bottom of my stomach.
  • Can I ask a possibly stupid question? Why is it that FTMs are less likely to feel movement earlier? Is it a physiological reason (tighter muscles or something?) or that you don't know what it feels like so you won't recognize it?

It's because your muscles are looser after u give birth so u can feel it sooner
    autism photo: AUTISM autismglitter.gifBabyFruit Tickerphoto d61f26e5-4fb2-4a0b-b301-b0af2b53d4d3.jpg

Thanks!

image  image

TTC #1 May 2014

BFP 7/4/14 ~ EDD 3/17/15

My Chart

BabyFetus Ticker
  • jcar2 said:

Can I ask a possibly stupid question? Why is it that FTMs are less likely to feel movement earlier? Is it a physiological reason (tighter muscles or something?) or that you don't know what it feels like so you won't recognize it?

I think it also has to do with knowing what movement actually feels like for STMs.

I have thought I've been feeling flutters a couple times in the last few days. I didn't say anything to my doctor today but she asked if I've started to feel anything. I mentioned I thought I may have but wasn't completely sure. She said I probably did (I'm 14 weeks). I mentioned how I didn't feel my son for a very long time (which surprised her at the time) but she said I just know what it feels like this time around.
    Agreed, I didn't feel DD until about 20 weeks but this one I can feel when I lay quietly. I'm 14 weeks 3 days
  • I'm too early to feel anything right now and since I have a tilted uterus, I don't expect to feel flutters for a while. With DS, I was 19wks when I first felt what I thought was a tiny gas bubble rolling from the bottom of my stomach to mid belly. By 20wks, I was sure it was a kick.

Some FTMs swear they feel something this early but I'm sure it's just gas at this point.

• I'm a TTM I am 14 weeks and I have been feeling flutters for about a week
  • With my first it was at least 19 weeks. With my second it was sometime between 16-18 weeks. If you felt a roll it couldn't have baby this early on.
  • I thought I felt something yesterday. It was different and steady. But I'm sure I'm just loco and it was nothing. 
      Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image 
  • With my first I felt her at 14 weeks, and I had friends feel their babies that early too. I was really thin at the time so I'm sure that contributes to it. I didn't feel my second until 16 weeks or so. Every pregnancy is different!
  • With my first, I started to feel tiny flutters around 16 weeks, and by 19 weeks was getting kicks that MH could feel. I'm only 11 weeks now, so obviously not feeling anything yet with this one.

Probably was just gas if you felt a roll.

• My first I felt at around 16 weeks...and could feel from the outside at 19.
    My second was at 14 weeks. And this one I have yet to feel..I'm 12 weeks.

• kmom005 said:

This is my 4th and it was sort of like a roll from the top to the bottom of my stomach.

Wait, this is your 4th? I thought this was a newb question!

It's been 5 years since my last one
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"