TTC After a Loss

***Bible Study Check IN 08/28

littlecookielittlecookie member
edited August 2014 in TTC After a Loss

Hi everybody, welcome to the Bible Study Check-In. If you’re new, please jump right in the thread. If you would like a prayer partner please PM@MrsG80inTN @littlecookie and we will work to assign you one. If you’re having trouble getting in touch with your prayer partner, please let one of us know as well.

This is a list of the current prayer partners. Please respond to your prayer partner's post and/or communicate via PM:

@littlecookie & megrae12 @cherylanddoug

@MrsG80inTN & @mara005

@graceanne927 & @bluedaisy0627

@mrsjg2013 & @mrandmrsk91011

@elliecat17 & @jj32

@thegiantfam & @mrspip

Well a lot of the ladies in the group have been asking for prayer on patience, so my plan was to find something on that. I showed up to church and as our pastor began his sermon, they put the scripture up, Psalm 40 “I waited patiently for the Lord; he inclined to me and heard my cry.”  Yep. That happened. One thing said was “our faith is often determined by our circumstances, but that is not how it should be. God is good, even when things are bad.” The rest of this is a devotion on this scripture.

I waited patiently for the Lord; he inclined to me and heard my cry. Someone once told me that the better translation of this verse is something like this: I waited for the Lord and waited and waited and waited, and finally, at long last he inclined to me and heard my cry. The psalmist, like all of us at times, really had no choice in the matter; all he could do was wait. There was really no way for him to hurry things along, though the longer he had to wait the more critical his situation became. I remember seeing a poster some time ago that declared: m“Do something: lead, follow, or get the heck out of the way.” But sometimes all you can do is wait, and waiting on God to act can be painfully trying, especially if you are helplessly watching someone you love suffer, or getting close to a deadline for a decision you have to make, or dealing with any number of other life situations. We want to hurry things along, and sometimes we do, but often the results are disastrous. The psalm assures us, though: He drew me up from the desolate pit,*out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the Lord. Sometimes the best prayer we can offers is: “Lord, give me patience, as I wait upon you, for I know that waiting upon you is never in vain.”

Psalm 40 1-3, NIV I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.C)" data-cr="#cen-NIV-14527C" style="box-sizing: border-box">He lifted me out of the slimy pit,out of the mud and mire;he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.He put a new song in my mouth,a hymn of praise to our God.Many will see and fear the Lord and put their trust in him.

1. Our pastor described Him pulling us from the pit as a dramatic rescue. Do you have faith that He will rescue you? What things can you do to wait patiently and not anxiously or angrily?

2. Prayer

3: Praises

QOTW: Who’s the first artist listed on your ipod/iphone/music playlist?

January Siggy Challenge: You had one job

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: ***Bible Study Check IN 08/28

• @littlecookie - thank you for the great devotion and reminder. 

1. Our pastor described Him pulling us from the pit as a dramatic rescue. Do you have faith that He will rescue you? What things can you do to wait patiently and not anxiously or angrily?  I do have faith that he will ultimately rescue me... sometimes I just worry it will take longer than I want... I started my Bible study this week (which helps me be more patient in general with my waiting), but more than that last night was on 1 Thess 1:2-3... the verses talk about work through faith (Faith takes WORK), love through labor (sometimes loving is a labor), and endurance through hope... It was interesting in the context of patience as well because it takes work to produce faith and stay "in it" with God... it's much easier to say "He'll never rescue me" and give up... Praying that we all stay in the fight with Him.

2. Prayer - My sweet cat is having surgery today to remove her thyroid... pray it goes well and that I stay sane!!!!!

3: Praises - I'm thankful for a revelation I had this week during Bible study in which I was asked to figure out the meaning of my name, Megan... Strong, able, little pearl... I did some research and all three of my losses have, at one point, had their birth months reflected as a pearl.  I just took this as another awesome reminder that God is in this with me.

QOTW: Who’s the first artist listed on your ipod/iphone/music playlist?   First song is About You by ZoeGirl... My first playlist is my "Christian Favorites" playlist and the song is My Savior My God by Aaron Shust.

Me 35 / DH 36
    TTC since 09/2009
    Hashimoto's diagnosis 11/2011 / Endometriosis removal surgery 04/2013
    Other diagnosis: 1 mutation - PAI-1 gene
    BFP#1 9/27/2013  /  EDD 6/4/14  /  MC 10/17/2013
    BFP#2 3/4/14  /  EDD 11/13/14  /  CP
    BFP#3 6/7/14  / EDD 2/16/15  /  CP
    BFP #4 11/7/2014 / EDD 7/17/15  /  CP
    Current  Plan: Waiting to change RE... Appt on 1/16
    RXs: Metformin, Levothyroxin, Baby Aspirin, CoQ10, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Pre-natal. Progesterone post O.

imageimage
    ***Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

All Welcome

• @littlecookie Thank you so much for this post. I have been struggling with patience, so this is very timely!

1. Our pastor described Him pulling us from the pit as a dramatic rescue. Do you have faith that He will rescue you? What things can you do to wait patiently and not anxiously or angrily? I do have faith, but at times I do get anxious and angry. Angry that things have not worked out according to my own plan. Anxious that they never will. I find myself comparing my journey to others, and wondering why their pregnancies are successful and mine was not. At times like these, I try to pull back and remember that this journey is my own. Comparing myself to others, or to the timeline that I wanted initially, will not change my current path. It's something that I struggle with daily, especially after my second loss. 

2. Prayer Always for patience! Also, for understanding for DH. He is processing things at a different pace than I am, and at times I feel disconnected and alone in my grief. I must remind myself that we are experiencing our grief differently and give him time and compassion while he comes to terms with our loss. 

3: Praises I am thankful for my mom. She did not experience a loss, but has been a rock to me. We are heading to Arizona this weekend for a family wedding, and she has planned some alone time with just the two of us. She has focused me on several scriptures that have helped me in some of the darker times. 

QOTW: Who’s the first artist listed on your ipod/iphone/music playlist? Britney!

• Loading the player...
  • @mrspipp - how lovely of your mom!!!!  I'm curious which scriptures she has you focused on... Do share.  My husband processed differently than I did too... just keep talking to him and trying to help as you can.
    @jj32 - praying for your patience and anger.  What devotional are you reading?

Me 35 / DH 36
    TTC since 09/2009
    RXs: Metformin, Levothyroxin, Baby Aspirin, CoQ10, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Pre-natal. Progesterone post O.

imageimage
    ***Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

All Welcome

• mrspippmrspipp member
    edited August 2014
    @MrsG80inTN
    Below are a few that I've been focused on the past few weeks. 
    John 16:33 
    I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart; I have overcome the world

Philippians 4:6-9
    Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
    Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things
    Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me - put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you

And all of Proverbs 3. 
    Especially Proverbs 3:5-6
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
    in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight

Edited: for formatting
  • 1. Our pastor described Him pulling us from the pit as a dramatic rescue. Do you have faith that He will rescue you? What things can you do to wait patiently and not anxiously or angrily?

I have faith that He will eventually hear my prayers. As for the wait, my therapist told me something recently and it has been a very big help. She said every time you think about ttc or get impatient about it, to need to visualize a stop sign and literally stop thinking about it. You need to be happy/grateful for the life you have (and the things you have in it) while still having ttc in the background. I can't tell you how much of an impact it has had on my attitude and patience towards many aspects of my life.

2. Prayer

For @MrsG80inTN 's little kitty with her surgery today and for our family to be able to get into our fall schedule smoothly.

I made it through yesterday with minimal sadness.

'N Sync yeah....

"Love is what makes pain bearable." - I love you my Angels. 
    **All After a Loss Welcome**
    BFP #1: 6/25/09 EDD 2/13/10 @ 6 weeks- Saw HB @ 9 weeks - DS born 2/11/10 (39w5d)
    BFP #2: 2/20/13 EDD 11/4/13 - Saw HB 3/19/13 (7w2d) - MMC discovered 4/13/13 (10w5d) - Est. loss @ 9w3d - D&C 4/14/13
    BFP #3: 12/19/13 (4 w1d) EDD 8/27/14 - 1/1/14 discovered it was ectopic/ tube had burst/ had surgery to remove tube (@ 6 weeks)
    BFP #4: 9/10/14 (3w6d) EDD 5/21/15 - natural MC 9/23/14 @ 5w5d
    BFP #5: 11/23/14 (3w3d) EDD 8/4/15 - Please be our Rainbow!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Hi, ladies!!  I have soooo many assessments to score tonight, but I'll be back on this weekend to update and respond!
  • @littlecookie, thanks! This is much the same message that was at mass tonight! Father was talking about Saint Monica (Saint Augustine's) mother and her patience. She prayed and prayed to God that He would convert her husband (which he did) and then that He would convert her son (which he did since he became a saint)!

1. Our pastor described Him pulling us from the pit as a dramatic rescue. Do you have faith that He will rescue you? What things can you do to wait patiently and not anxiously or angrily?

I have been practicing thinking positively. Every day I have trying to write down three things in a book that I am thankful for. It's a good reminder that I have plenty of things to thank God for. I also have been focusing on other things such as being healthy and being happy.

2. Prayer

That we get things straightened out at the bank (Our account got hacked this evening). That my TSH gives us answers.

For continued good health. For all the wonderful opportunities to influence the lives of others that I am given daily.

Well I was listening to pandora, so the first artist listed is Loreena McKennitt

I will come back later and try and talk to all you ladies.

Me: 24 
    DH: 25
    BFP: 1/12/14       EDD: 9/18/14     MC: 1/15/14
    BFP: 5/6/14         EDD: 1/5/15       MC: 5/10/14
    BFP: 12/29/14      EDD: 9/12/15      MC: 1/5/15
    Dx: PCOS - 8/20/14, Hashimoto's - 10/10/14, Gluten Allergy 10/10/14

My Chart

TTCAL January Challenge
  • MrsG80inTN How did the surgery go? I love love what you posted about your name. Just beautiful. I saw you ask mrspipp about the scriptures. My mom said she's been focused on Matthew 25:33  since we got our dog :) '...You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'
    jj32 continued prayers for patience and endurance
    mrspipp My DH and I have processed this differently as well. He doesn't really want to talk about it., wheras I do. It's hard, because I don't want to force him to try and handle how I would.
    mrandmrsk91011 Prayers that your H finds something soon. That has to be so tough.
    mara005 I'm going to try the stop sign thing when I'm thinking about the wrong things. Hugs!
    Elliecat17 eek on your account. Hope it's resolved quickly. 

I do have faith that He will rescue. My challenge is to wait patiently. To face each day with joy while we wait on next steps. My goal is to make sure I am grateful everyday for the things that are going well and not to dwell on the things I want changed.

Prayer:I have a lot of friends going through a lot right now. Prayers for strength and peace for all of them and wisdom for me to say the right things at the right times.

Praises: Work is still going very well. I got the results from my thyroid test back and things look normal.

QOTW: Adele too. Some friends invited me to a concert for her in 08 and I didn't even know who she was. I went though and loved it and her. Been a fan since.

• Whoa! I am utterly amazed that this exists!!!
    I was just told yesterday that I am going to lose my 8 week pregnancy. I moved myself from the angry( honest, scary how bad they are) pregnant women's group of A15 and moved to TTC. Not sleeping this morning so I decided to come see if I could find comfort in here.
    Isn't God amazing?! I know through all if this he has a plan and this is just a part of mine, for whatever reason. But I really needed to feel comforted as I wait for my body to decide to actually miscarry, and here he leads me.
    What a blessing this has been and what a gift this group is.
    Thank you!
  • Welcome @rwaggoner12 I'm very sorry for your loss.

"Love is what makes pain bearable." - I love you my Angels. 
    **All After a Loss Welcome**
    BFP #1: 6/25/09 EDD 2/13/10 @ 6 weeks- Saw HB @ 9 weeks - DS born 2/11/10 (39w5d)
    BFP #2: 2/20/13 EDD 11/4/13 - Saw HB 3/19/13 (7w2d) - MMC discovered 4/13/13 (10w5d) - Est. loss @ 9w3d - D&C 4/14/13
    BFP #3: 12/19/13 (4 w1d) EDD 8/27/14 - 1/1/14 discovered it was ectopic/ tube had burst/ had surgery to remove tube (@ 6 weeks)
    BFP #4: 9/10/14 (3w6d) EDD 5/21/15 - natural MC 9/23/14 @ 5w5d
    BFP #5: 11/23/14 (3w3d) EDD 8/4/15 - Please be our Rainbow!

BabyFruit Ticker

• @rwaggoner12‌ so very sorry for your loss. Welcome. I'm glad you found us. Wishing you comfort over the next few days, weeks, months. Let us know if you're interested in a prayer partner.

• rwaggoner12 - I'm so sorry for your loss.  Yes, God is amazing in his provisions of comfort.  We are glad you found us and hope that even through your loss you can find comfort here.

I'll try to check in more later... My kitty's surgery went well though (YAY!) and I get to pick her up today around noon.  I'm so excited!!!!

Me 35 / DH 36
    TTC since 09/2009

imageimage

All Welcome

• @rwaggoner12 welcome and sorry for your loss. This board is amazing, and it's nice to have a group of ladies who are also willing to pray for you and support you. Take time to heal, and do not blame yourself.
    Me: 24 
    DH: 25
    BFP: 1/12/14       EDD: 9/18/14     MC: 1/15/14
    BFP: 5/6/14         EDD: 1/5/15       MC: 5/10/14
    BFP: 12/29/14      EDD: 9/12/15      MC: 1/5/15
    Dx: PCOS - 8/20/14, Hashimoto's - 10/10/14, Gluten Allergy 10/10/14

My Chart

TTCAL January Challenge
  • @littlecookie‌ - Thank you for the beautiful post!

1. Our pastor described Him pulling us from the pit as a dramatic rescue. Do you have faith that He will rescue you? What things can you do to wait patiently and not anxiously or angrily?  I have absolute faith that he will rescue me from my despair.  I've been taking time to read the word and journal about my thoughts, as well as list things that I'm thankful for.  This helps me grow in my faith and remain positive.  What I'm realizing is that God's answer to my prayers may not look exactly like the rescue I have in my head and/or happen according to my timeline.  I've told my H that once we are cleared to TTC again, I was going to put it in God's hands- love my husband when it feels right and pray we will conceive when the timing is perfect.  Not keeping a daily eye on my calendar, giving up the ovulation testers... it's all going to be difficult for me to do, but I think it's what my H and I need.  I want to live my life present and appreciate all of the blessings I have today.

2. Prayer That my hysteroscopy on Tuesday will show that my retained tissue has passed and that this month will be our last TTA.  That I will hear, see, feel God's guidance.  I struggle to understand the difference between my own thoughts and those of the Spirit. 

3: Praises For this community, this check-in specifically, and for the amazing ladies here.  For my body continuing to heal and regulate itself naturally.  For all of the daily comforts in my life that I know I too often take for granted.

QOTW: Who’s the first artist listed on your ipod/iphone/music playlist?  I am a big fan of Pandora!  The Christian Contemporary Radio station is my favorite.
  • mrsjg2013mrsjg2013 member
    edited August 2014
    @MrsG80inTN‌ - Prayers for your cat to heal quickly from the surgery! So glad it went well. I adopted two kittens this summer and am reminded of how quickly and deeply we bond with them.

@jj32‌ - It's great that you have such a supportive H! God has blessed me with an amazing partner as well :)

@mrspipp‌ - I pray for my DH often as well... I know that he has to be hurting, but he tries so hard to be strong for me. Sometimes I wish he would just cry with me, but I understand that he is grieving in his own way. Prayers that you and your DH find a way to connect and support one another through your grief.

@mrandmrsk91011‌ - Continued prayers for your H and his job search. Enjoy your relaxing weekend :)

@mara005‌ - Thank you for sharing your therapist's "stop sign" strategy. I'm going to give this a try... it's hard to not always think, "If I get pregnant X month, I'd be due Y month." I'm focusing on giving my plan over to God and remembering that His is supreme.... not always easy. So glad we have this check-in to support each other in this.

@Elliecat17‌ - So sorry to hear about your bank! I hope it gets straightened out quickly for you! I am also getting in the habit of writing down things I am thankful for :)

@littlecookie‌ - Praises for your thyroid test coming back normal! Waiting on results can be difficult... so glad it ended with good news :)

@rwaggoner12‌ - So very sorry for your loss. Welcome to the board and this check-in. I pray that you find comfort and strength through this community, as I have.
  • mrsjg2013 - will be thinking about you next week.  Hope the hysterscopy goes well!!!!!!

Me 35 / DH 36
    TTC since 09/2009

imageimage

All Welcome

• Good morning, ladies.  Thank you in advance for prayers tomorrow as I find out whether I will have to schedule another d&c.  I pray that God has healed me in resolving my retained tissue, and that we will no longer be TTA after next cycle.

I went to church yesterday (YAY!), and I found a book that God must have put directly in my hands.  I wanted to share the title in case anyone is looking for something faith-based to read in regards to loss/grief/circumstance.  It's called Finding Faith in the Dark: When The Story of Your Life Takes a Turn You Didn't Plan and was written by Laurie Short.  One of my earliest post-loss prayers was for God to give me insight about how my experience could positively shape my life.  Although the answer most certainly won't be in the book, and I'm only a few chapters in, I'm confident that finishing this book will help shine some light and lead me out of this darkness that has been creeping in and threatening to take over. 

Felt inspired after yesterday's photo session...
  • @mrsjg2013 thinking and praying for you tomorrow!

• mrsjg2013 - praying things go well today.

Me 35 / DH 36
    TTC since 09/2009

imageimage

All Welcome

• Thank you @littlecookie‌ and @MrsG80inTN‌ for the prayers- God is GOOD!! :)  The tissue has passed, and I was shocked when the RE told me that everything looked so good that I could start trying right now... I don't have to wait for another cycle!
  • mrsjg2013 said:
    Thank you @littlecookie‌ and @MrsG80inTN‌ for the prayers- God is GOOD!! :)  The tissue has passed, and I was shocked when the RE told me that everything looked so good that I could start trying right now... I don't have to wait for another cycle!
    So thankful for your news.

Me 35 / DH 36
    TTC since 09/2009

imageimage

All Welcome

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"