Stay at Home Moms

Intro and a Question about being a SAHM and nanny :)

2»

Re: Intro and a Question about being a SAHM and nanny :)

• I love that all of y'all took that as an apology. Come on, not our first rodeo people.
  • I love that all of y'all took that as an apology. Come on, not our first rodeo people.
    Should have added the "   " to that.  My bad. 
  • Loading the player...

• Probably just the people who focus on things that are unimportant and then mention it in the thread to get a rise out of me or someone else. But I'm really not worried about it. I know that's the way some people are. :)
    Muddling your apology with a dig makes you the troll in this situation girlfriend.  The comment above reinforces that.  

Ding ding ding.
    Well, it wasn't perfect but so much better than "go to hell". She at least seemed to take some of the advice.
    Well since I'm no doubt one of the people she is calling a troll, it's not anything. 
  • Not to sound stupid @sweetturnip, but how did she claim you when she was charging you at a rate below minimum wage?

(<--Trying to figure out nanny taxes for our 1 day a week babysitter as we speak...who I am paying over minimum wage.)
    You just pay taxes if you have paid them over $1000 in a year. If so it is going rate. I'm not in front of my computer but I recall it being 7.75% out of each check for Medicare and as for the employee and an additional 7.75% for you the employer . We pay ours at the end of the year and the CPA does them all. ( go to irs.gov website section for household employer)
    Over here it is anything over $600 and you get a 1099 for your taxes
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • AshB62 said:
    As a mother of twins (who are relatively easy babies,) I think you're freaking crazy. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.
    Troll
  • amy052006 said:
    The taxes. Did you decide you are going to pay taxes?
    Unimportant. Troll.
  • :)) Totes mcgotes @gwapes totes mcgotes
  • vlagrl29 said:

Not to sound stupid @sweetturnip, but how did she claim you when she was charging you at a rate below minimum wage?

(<--Trying to figure out nanny taxes for our 1 day a week babysitter as we speak...who I am paying over minimum wage.)

You just pay taxes if you have paid them over $1000 in a year. If so it is going rate. I'm not in front of my computer but I recall it being 7.75% out of each check for Medicare and as for the employee and an additional 7.75% for you the employer . We pay ours at the end of the year and the CPA does them all.
    ( go to irs.gov website section for household employer)

Over here it is anything over $600 and you get a 1099 for your taxes

If care is provided in the friends house, she is an employee and needs to be paid on the books. If the total paid in a calendar year is over $1,900 then it's subject to social security and Medicare tax and the friend needs to issue a W2. If it's less then the total amount can just go on OPs taxes as household employee income, NOT subject to ss/Medicare (but still subject to income tax). If it's over $1k in any quarter, the friend still needs to file and pay unemployment tax. There may be additional state requirements too.

OP is NOT an independent contractor and should not be issued a 1099. UNLESS she provides care in her home. Even then it may be questionable but that's the basic test that has to be met first.

[back to lurking]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"