April 2013 Moms
Options

FFFC

Anyone want to fess up?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FFFC

• Options

@lhyacinth888, I think there are many people who would do the same thing!

Mine - I'm feeling obnoxiously sorry for myself because H will be out of town next week and I'll be "left to take care of B alone." I know, get over it! I think I'm just anxious because, while he's left town for work plenty of times since B was born, none have been when I've been pregnant or working full time. Fingers crossed I can keep my head on straight and make it through the week!

~10.23.10 - Mr&Mrs ~ 04.12.13 - Daddy&Mommy~

Every Super Star needs a Sidekick! Miss B. is being promoted to BIG SIS ~ January 2015!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Baby GIRL #2 is due Jan. 7, 2015!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    knitfaced said:

I do. I feel like a stalker. I got DS' preschool list of classmates and their parents and I looked them up on FB. It's a co-op so these parents are going to be around my kid. I also wanted to see if there were any potential play dates because I moved here a year ago and my kids have no friends here and I really don't either.

I feel like we live the same life! I did the exact same thing and we are doing a co-op preschool too! There is a patent coffee on the first morning and I'm already feeling stressed about what I'm going to wear! I want some friends! And I'm kinda excited that 11 out of the 14 kids in his class are boys because he is always just surrounded by girls at home.

Yes! I need some friends with kids! My son's class has 8 kids with 6 boys which I am also excited about! And there are two tables and he is at the all boy table! I just hope my son isn't the trouble maker or class clown!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Kate_C said:

Random thought instead of a confession: why do they put tennis balls on the bottom of walkers? Why wouldn't they just design them to work well with the initial material?

Because you are supposed to pick the walker up to move it forward, not slide it. But of course, if you are using a walker, a lot of times, those people wouldn't have the strength/balance to keep that up for more then an a step or two. So on go the tennis balls. You would think they would just design them with wheels instead or something, but I suppose, wheels would need to turn and those joints might break easily under constant pressure....
    I'm sure some smart engineer could figure it out.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Options
    CoachTay said:

@lhyacinth888, I think there are many people who would do the same thing!

Mine - I'm feeling obnoxiously sorry for myself because H will be out of town next week and I'll be "left to take care of B alone." I know, get over it! I think I'm just anxious because, while he's left town for work plenty of times since B was born, none have been when I've been pregnant or working full time. Fingers crossed I can keep my head on straight and make it through the week!

Oh, that sucks.  I had to do that once or twice during this pregnancy, and the first night was fine, the second night was okay, and the third night I was ready to jump off the roof.  Good luck.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   
  • Options
    kgs0505 said:

Kate_C said:

Random thought instead of a confession: why do they put tennis balls on the bottom of walkers? Why wouldn't they just design them to work well with the initial material?

Because you are supposed to pick the walker up to move it forward, not slide it. But of course, if you are using a walker, a lot of times, those people wouldn't have the strength/balance to keep that up for more then an a step or two. So on go the tennis balls. You would think they would just design them with wheels instead or something, but I suppose, wheels would need to turn and those joints might break easily under constant pressure....
    I'm sure some smart engineer could figure it out.

Interesting. The one I saw today actually did have wheels on the front. Mostly I was just curious as to how the lady kept her tennis balls so pristine, but managed to mangle her car.

(I was at an auto body place for work this morning... A lot of older lady customers. Guess that stereotype is true.)
  • Options
    arschm02 said:

I had to go get a shower gift for my cousin today. I think people who use "expectant mother parking" at BRU are lazy and lame. Exercise (if you really want to call an extra 20 feet of walking in the parking lot) is great for pregnant woman. Quit using pregnancy as a disability. Those signs should say, "for new mothers who's vaginas feel like it may fall out at any second".

How about pregnant women whose pelvic bones feel ready to crack and lower back split in half? I agreed with you until about two weeks ago!
  • Options
    Kate_C said:
    Because you are supposed to pick the walker up to move it forward, not slide it. But of course, if you are using a walker, a lot of times, those people wouldn't have the strength/balance to keep that up for more then an a step or two. So on go the tennis balls. You would think they would just design them with wheels instead or something, but I suppose, wheels would need to turn and those joints might break easily under constant pressure.... I'm sure some smart engineer could figure it out.
    Interesting. The one I saw today actually did have wheels on the front. Mostly I was just curious as to how the lady kept her tennis balls so pristine, but managed to mangle her car. (I was at an auto body place for work this morning... A lot of older lady customers. Guess that stereotype is true.)
    I think it's partly for noise reduction. I'm not 100% sure if this applies to walkers, but at our school (and the schools MH's mom and aunt taught at) they have tennis balls on all the chair legs for that reason. It really helps if there are deaf students in the class, because without the tennis balls, all the vibrations from the chairs being banged around can be really distracting.

Also, since their movements are not as precise anymore, it may be that it is easier for older people to set it down without knocking it over with the round tennis balls as opposed to a flat rubber foot.

• Options
    knitfaced said:

I have a confessions, largely stemming from living in an alternative health Mecca, but if you start trying to tell me which essential oil, or coconut oil, to use as an alternative to actual medicine, it becomes hard for me to take you seriously as a person in general.

Right. Complement, yes. Alternative, no.
  • Options
    js1002 said:
    I had to go get a shower gift for my cousin today. I think people who use "expectant mother parking" at BRU are lazy and lame. Exercise (if you really want to call an extra 20 feet of walking in the parking lot) is great for pregnant woman. Quit using pregnancy as a disability. Those signs should say, "for new mothers who's vaginas feel like it may fall out at any second".
    How about pregnant women whose pelvic bones feel ready to crack and lower back split in half? I agreed with you until about two weeks ago!

I suppose. But I think 38 weeks is also very different from 20.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Options
    knitfaced said:

I have a confessions, largely stemming from living in an alternative health Mecca, but if you start trying to tell me which essential oil, or coconut oil, to use as an alternative to actual medicine, it becomes hard for me to take you seriously as a person in general.

Well, the joke will be on you when essential oils save them from Ebola. ;) just kidding. I also don't understand when people think just BC something is "natural," it's automatically safer than medication or manufactured products. 1. If the natural product is strong enough to be effective, it's also strong enough to be dangerous/potentially have adverse effects. So know what you're doing before using it. And 2. Where do you figure most medicines etc are derived? Out of thin air?
  • Options
    KrisM86 said:

I'm sick with a nasty cold...sore throat, runny nose, headache, congestion...so I'm being a sucky mom and letting my kids watch way too much TV so I can at least sort of rest today. :/

This was me all week. I'm mostly watching my TV shows (which he ignores) so I'm teaching LO to entertain himself....thats how I'm justifying it :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"