I'm looking for infant to start in December and there's already wait list for my top two choices.
There is a more expensive daycare a little further away from us that has a spot, but I don't want to pay $200 registration fee, if a spot opens up in the other ones... It would end up costing us $1500 more a year at the more expensive one.
Money is tight, so I don't want to waste the $200. But if I don't pay it, I might have nothing come December. (Luckily I can use my mom for a few weeks buffer if that happens, but that's for a few weeks).