Multiples
Options

Double post from Oct 2014 board. The twins are here at 34 weeks!

The two new additions to our family have arrived! Peter Jacob and Sophia Jeanette were born at 3:26 and 3:28 am Saturday, August 23rd at 34 weeks and 2 days. My water broke at 6 pm on Friday, and they started me on steroids to develop their lungs. The thought was to try to wait 2 days to let the steroids work, but the babies had different ideas! I started getting contractions about 12:45 am, and since Peter (baby A) was still breech, they did a c-section. Surgery went well, and Peter is 5 lb 7 oz, and Sophia is 5 lb 0 oz. They are both doing well, and on room air. We just started Sophia on bottle feedings, and will try breastfeeding later today. Peter was taking feeding through a tube, but spitting up too much and they backed him back down to IV for now.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Double post from Oct 2014 board. The twins are here at 34 weeks!

• Options
    Congrats!
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • Options
    Welcome Peter and Sophia! Congratulations!  How are you feeling?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats!!  Love their names!
  • Options
    Congrats! I had my twins at 34w. We spent 13 uneventful days in the NICU. Hope your stay is short and boring!

• Options
    Welcome Peter and Sophia! Congratulations!  How are you feeling?
    I'm feeling pretty good! I think I overdid it yesterday with being up and being in the NICU so much, so I'm gonna try to take care of myself more today. Pain from the c-section is pretty much under control, and just a slight headache. Thanks for asking!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats. I also have b/g twins born at 34 weeks. Thats so great that they're both on room air. My daughter was on room air the whole time but my soon ended up needing some oxygen for awhile. I also didn't make it through my 48 hours of steroid shots. Hope your babies are out if the NiCU and home with you soon.

imageimage

• Options
    Congratulations!!! Hope your babies continue to do well and are out of the NICU soon. I hope your c/s recovery goes well. Make sure they stay on top of your pain meds!! My only major meltdown in the hospital post c/s was when they got behind on them.
    Me - 35. DH - 40. TTC #1 since 9/2010. 
    IUI #1-2 BFN
    IUI #3 BFP = C/P
    IUI #4-6 BFNs
    IVF #1 Lupron and Gonal F: 29R 29M 28F
    2 blastocysts transferred 12/14/13
    Beta at 9dp5dt = 285; Beta at 12dp5dt = 925
    It's twins! EDD 9/2/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    Congratulations!

************** Siggy Warning************

Married August 2012 -- Me (40 yrs old) My husband (45 yrs. old) 

RE referral from ObGYN in late Jan. 2013 -- Testing Confirms Unexplained IF 

IUI #"s1 - 3 (Femara + IUI) April - June 2013 - all BFN

Decided to do IVF... Began stimming on September 10th!  Egg Retrieval 9/20/13.  19 eggs: 6 to mature to freeze after 6 fertilized with ICSI

3 morula stage embryos transferred on 9/25/13.....Beta #1 on 10/4/13/ = 7.5  Beta #2 on 10/6/13 =  negative

IVF#2 - Lupron plan  (set to begin on 10/28/13)  (Planning on thawing and fertilizing our 6 eggs with ICSI as well as all of the mature eggs they retrieve with this fresh cycle.)

Late October 2013 - ectopic pregnancy - methotrexate injection....benched 3 months

CD1 - 12/5/13...Lupron set to start on 12/26/13; CD1 - 1/2/14....Baseline 1/3/14....begin follistim tonight and continue with lupron.  (Got my calendar today!  IVF#2 is a go!)

ER = 1/14/14  (11 eggs....9 were mature. 9 fertilized.  Of the 6 mature eggs we thawed, only 4 fertilized.  At this time, we have 13 eggs fertilized and growing.  Waiting for news about a 3-day or 5-day transfer.)

ET = 1/19/14  (5dt).....3 blastocysts transferred!   (All nine embryos didn't make it to freeze.  =(  )

Beta #1 = 1/28/14   (2 weeks after ER)  BFP! 209 (9dp5dt)   EDD 10/7/14

Beta #2 - 1/30/14  (11 dp5dt) 302

Beta #3 - 2/3/14  (15 dp5dt)  1222 

Ultrasound set for 2/17/14......TWINS!        Twin A - HR 124 bpm; Twin B - HR 126 bpm

Final Ultrasound with RE 3/10/14 - Twin A - HR 176 bpm; Twin B - HR 177 bpm.

PAIF/SAIF Welcome! 

imageimage 

imageimageimage

• Options
    Congrats!!!  b/g twins at 34 wks here as well.  No steroids, as it was too much of a surprise.  :)
    Mine also didn't need anything, but they kept my boy an extra 6 days after I went home - called him a 'poor feeder'.  We fought to bring him home and he gained 14 oz the first week!  Don't be afraid to fight for your babies if need be!  Hope you all come home very soon.  
    m/c my Angel Baby in 2000
    IUIs with clomid from 2009-2011   Feb 2011 - Tubal surgery (repair)  Jan 2012 - Tubal surgery (remove)  
    8/13 IVF#1.  Lupron/Follistim protocol - b/g twins born April 1 at 34 +1.  Luckiest woman in the world.
    8/15 FET #1 - transferred 1 thawed embryo - Pregnant with Baby C, it's a girl!  Due April 2016. Pregnancy Ticker  

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future"   Jer 29:11
    "All things work together for good to them that love God, who are the called according to His purpose"  Rom 8:28
    "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of salvation unto all who believe"  Rom 1:16
  • Options
    Congrats!

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Congrats!! Glad you are doing well!! Hope the rest of your NICU stay is short and uneventful!!

Ella - 10/19/10
    Julia and Aubrey - 4/3/14

• Options
    rlk2rlk2 member
    Congrats!
    TTC 2 years- Me and DH (28) with (severely) low sperm count- less than 40 total (last 2 SA showed only 5 and 6 sperm each)
    IVF #1: ER 1/23/13- 4 eggs retrieved, 3 eggs fertilized; ET with 1 embryo 1/28/13 2 frosties beta #1 2/5 was 4.8- beta #2 2/7 3.5; BFN
    FET #1- transferred one beautiful 4AA embie. Praying this is my take home baby. Beta 5/7/13- BFFN!!!
    IVF #2: ER 7/17/13: 6R/3F- transferred 1 blast and 1 10 cell embryo 5dt.   Beta hell.  #1 2.5, #2 2.2- BFFFN! REALLY?
    IVF #3: ER 12/1 and only 2 retrieved.  1 fertilized with ICSI.  Was planning on transferring one fresh and one frozen....fresh was only 14 cells at day 5...CANCELLED and devastated due to 5cm blood filled cyst in ovary and blood in uterus.
    IVF #4: Antagonist protocol with endometrial scratch day one of stims.  ER 4/21: 6R/4M/3F- transferred 2 beautiful blasts (5dt) and one was hatching!  No frosties but hoping we won't need it!  Beta 5/4/14- 444(8dp5dt), Beta #2 10dp5dt 1002!  THIS HAS GOT TO BE IT!!!!!!!!!!  First US 5/15 we saw two of the most beautiful gestational and yolk sacs I have ever seen!  
    ****FINALLY PREGNANT WITH DI/DI TWINS!!!!!!!  

BRINLEY AND RILEY LONG.  Born November 20, 2014 at 32 wks 3 days.  4lbs7oz and 4lbs5oz.  1 month NICU time for "B's" and growing and feeding.  Now healthy, thriving, beautiful little girls!
     imagehttp://i62.tinypic.com/2dl9ap0.jpgpghttp://oi61.tinypic.com/o7t1y0.jpg

• Options
    Congrats!!!
  • Options
    Congrats! Wishing you a speedy recovery and a short NICU stay!
    Me: 33 DH: 36 Unexplained IF
    First pregnancy - DS 01-Apr-09;
    3rd cycle Clomid/IUI after 2 years TTC
    TTC #2 since ~June 2010
    IUI #1 & 2 - Clomid/IUI - BFN
    IUI #3 &4 - Gonal-F/Ovidrel and IUI -- BFN
    IUI #5 - Gonal-F/Ovidrel and IUI -- BFP!!
    EDD: March 22, 2013
    It's triplets!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"