Pregnant after 35
Options

Having a hard time dealing......

With husband. Don't get me wrong....most times SUPER supportive but yesterday he made a comment that I'm obsessive in regards to reading these boards/blogs, my What to Expect book. I only read up mostly once a week, pertaining to the week I'm in. I get it, this is number 4, I shouldn't need to but Damn, I'm still just as scared as if it were the first. It makes me feel better, it makes me feel not so alone.....why does one smart mouth comment hurt so much.....is he right?

Re: Having a hard time dealing......

• Options
    No. I too love reading the blogs, books, and any other information I can get my hands on. This is #2 for us but #1 is 12 so it has been a while and besides this one has been totally different than my first. Do what makes you feel good because you are the one going through all the symptoms and hormones.
  • Options
    Same way for me......my oldest is 19 (son), next is 16(daughter), then my youngest is 8(daughter). Now this one, which was a TOTAL unexpected suprise, very welcome suprise but still a suprise. So yes, it's been almost 9 yrs since my last pregnancy......just so stressful
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Even though this is our 4th it feels like we are brand new parents. So much has changed in the last 7 yrs since our youngest.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • Options

Even though this is our 4th it feels like we are brand new parents. So much has changed in the last 7 yrs since our youngest.

I can't believe all the things I'm reading that have changed since being pregnant and giving birth to my youngest.....
  • Options
    My DH thinks I'm reading too much too. But I like to have as much information as possible. It actually helps me feel more prepared for whatever MIGHT happen. I'm more emotional right now, so I like the added comfort of women going through a similar situation and you're right, A LOT has changed. My last baby is almost 18 years old!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    No!  I actually think that some things have been scarier the second time than going through it the first time.  I have more expectations about our birth in particular and of course, I have no control over it.  Also, I think that communities like this one work bc there are experienced moms in the mix and I'm always interested in hearing from someone whose been there about what worked or didn't work for them. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh gosh just ignore him!! Every time I pick up my iPad MH says 'I thought you already read all of the internet'. Obviously I'm online a ton. Who cares. I like it just like others like other things.
  • Options
    My sympathies!  To be fair, it's possible that simple comments that are meant in a gently teasing or otherwise not-malicious way might be perceived a little more harshly given hormones.

My husband is kind of the opposite.  He's interested and reading up on things around the baby, and said a month ago he already feels like we're behind (I'm 10 weeks today).  On the other hand, I'm staying fairly mellow since this is my first pregnancy and I want to be more cautious with how much we do in this first trimester.  Oy!
  • Options
    I wonder if it's a passive aggressive way to comment that he wants more of your attention?  I have to confess that I sometimes do this to my H when plays stupid clash of clans in bed!!  I really just want him to spend time with me and cuddle so I take it out on the game!  

GL I would try to use it as a way to open the lines of communication instead of getting your feelings hurt.  Easy to say, hard to do.  

GL, 
    JM

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"