2nd Trimester
Options

20 week scan, markers, and Materni21

Heyas everyone,

It's been a rough ride already and I'm a ftm here 29 years old, and sick with worry.

I'm 21 weeks tomorrow, and at our 20 week anatomy scan we learned we are having a little girl!!
We were ecstatic! She's right on target for her size and weight, and she's head down.
She was so active, that it took nearly two hours to get everything they needed, and they couldn't get a good shot of the umbilical cord.
After the tech left, the doctor came in and looked at a few things herself, and then said she needed to discuss a few things with us. She took us to a tiny room, and told us to make ourselves comfortable. She then told us that our little baby girl had three issues. First she has a choroid plexus cyst, a two vessel umbilical cord, and her right kidney was larger than her left putting it just over the size for this months growth marker.

The doctor then talked to us about Trisomy 18, and 21, she was very cold, emotionless, and then felt the need to offer us tissues. She then had us meet with the genetic counselor via webcam.. she did a very good job, and talked us down a little and spoke about further testing options. We opted for the Materni21 test, the amnio seemed too risky to me considering I had two previous miscarriages, and it took us over a year to get pregnant this time. It's been 5 days since the blood was drawn, and I can't stop thinking about it.

I live in PA, does anyone know the average wait time? Do I call my Doctor's office to find out results? Has anyone else had any of the above abnormalities on their ultrasounds, and have things be okay? We're keeping our little one, no matter what, and we're going to do everything we can to ensure we get to meet her and welcome her into this world :D

I guess, I just felt the need to talk about it to someone and see if anyone else has gone through something like this?
She just looks so perfect already, and she's so very active!

Hoping, and praying <3

Re: 20 week scan, markers, and Materni21

• Options
    I'm so incredibly sorry that you are going through this!!! I don't have any advice but just wanted to offer support. Praying that your tests come back normal and your baby girl is okay. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thank you! We need all the prayers we can get. I just want answers sooner than later. :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Awww, she looks good! :-) I think it takes about 10 business days/2 weeks to get results.
    My first baby was T21 and I was invited to join an awesome support group on FB, where I still lurk :-) I lost her at 17 weeks, but she had more issues than yours.
    the 2 vessel cord is concerning because increased chance for chord accident, but baby has been growing well, so that is good!
    I found good support on high risk board. I dont know how much of a resource I can be, but am happy to help as much as I can! (((Hugs))) to you! My doctor's office called me when they got the test results, so if you havent heard by 2 weeks, I would start there.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you! Maybe I'll make a post over there too <3
  • Options
    I am very sorry that you are experiencing this. I don't have any advice, but I wanted to let you know that my MaterniT21 test took exactly one week to get the results. My T&P are with you!

~~~Big brother 11.29.05 & Little Brother 6.18.09~~~  
    Pregnancy%20ticker
  • Options
    I was told 10 business days but it came back in 8.
  • Options
    I am so sorry you have to go through this. My little boy had a dilated kidney too and my doctor told me its very common and to not worry because he sees it all of the time and its nothing life threatening. Most the time it corrects itself by birth but if not you just need to  let your pediatrician know so they can watch for kidney infections. If its not resolved by birth it usually resolves by age five.

The other two I don't have much advice for though. I hope everything turns out just fine.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Samuel Jacob 
    Due 2/16/17

• Options
    Thank you all! <3 I'm going to call my Dr's office today and see if they have any information for me yet.
  • Options
    My DD had a two vessel cord and all it meant was extra monitoring. It could lead to more issues but for us it didn't mean anything. I've heard the same from others that it wasn't an issue. My maternity21 test results came back 8 days later. Good luck!

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    HerHighnessHerHighness member
    edited August 2014
    I believe most of the tests take 2 weeks at most.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. My son had trisomy 18 and i know how difficult it is to hear that there may be an issue with your baby. My son had different issues. I do know people who have had cyst issues and cord issues and their child didnt have a trisomy. My fingers are crossed hard for you.

If you do find out its a trisomy and need to talk feel free to pm me. There are several good support groups on Facebook of mommies of both angels and thriving babies.
    -------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Options
    Sorry you're going through this.

My Panorama test results took exactly 2 weeks to come back. FX for quick and great results for you.
    BFP: 5/10/14 after 14 cycles of trying!
    EDD: 1/21/15
    5/12 1st beta: 28
    5/14 2nd beta: 87.5
    5/23: 3rd beta: 4000.6 + saw gestational sac and yolk sac
    5/30: 4th beta: 17,852 + saw fetal pole and heard heartbeat! 127 BPM!
  • Options
    Update: Just got my test results today, and they are negative!!! I'm so relieved.. now I'm hoping and preying that on the 10th when we have the heart echo and ultrasound that her kidney,and heart are good, and that her cyst is gone!
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear your tests came back negative! Keeping you and baby in my thoughts and prayers!

Married 07.12.14
    Hannah 12.09.14
    Baby #2 Due 06.18.16
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Keep us updated. Prayers for you.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards