Pregnant after 35

Painting a crib

I was just wondering if anyone has done this. I've been on Pinterest all day looking into it. I think I found a crib on craigslist (we got rid of ours about 5-6 yrs ago.)
But if you have done this...any tips you can pass along??? Thanks in advance.
Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg

Re: Painting a crib

• I did this but it majorly sucked!  

It was a crap ton of work and you really need to make sure that the paint is OK for LO because my DD#1 gnawed on the crib when she was cutting teeth and the paint would chip off in her mouth.  It freaked me out when I went to get her out of bed she had black paint chips all in her teeth!  Who knows how much she swallowed! 

We ended up having to get rid of it after DD#1 because it was a drop side crib.  I trolled the sales at BRU and found a crib on clearance for DD#2 and now DD#3, in the right color to match my nursery.  I have a mini crib that I also picked up on clearance that will be in our room until #4 is about 6 months old.

JM

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• I thought about it before we had our first.  I even had someone give us a crib that we could have painted.  I realized that it would have been a lot of work bc the lacquer that they use in the factory would have needed to be removed first and then we would be able to paint.  Anything with rails is a PITA bc there are so many and you have to very carefully paint each one. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I found a crib and I am thinking of painting the whole back side only. I also found some strips you can add to prevent biting on the rails. I've been scouring different sites on pinterest that have done it. Guess we will see in the end. At least I have plenty of time to gave hubs work on it. ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I have thought about this! I think I will be needing to find another crib. I have one now that is 10 years old. Bought it new with the first baby, but I am afraid my now 21 month old still might need to be in a crib when this baby comes? I don't know...my other kids are 4 years apart. Lol! I can not remember when I took them out of the baby crib! Lol! My sister inlaw has one I can have but it needs some TLC. The drop down side thing does not worry me. That is all I have ever had. So if you do end up painting one let us know how it goes and what you used :)

BabyFruit Ticker

• @babyliss76 I am 20 weeks so I have some time. But we plan on letting the baby sleep in the bassinet part of the pack n play for a while. So that gives hubs even more time to work on it. Of course if I just paint the back rails like I want, I won't need  a lot of time then. I found a way to make a crib skirt too on pinterest that just tacks to the bottom of the slates. I cannot wait to go look at paint and fabric! I'll keep you posted.

JilliansMoma mentioned it. It was all we ever had too. I am not sure how much I am gonna like not being able to put the sides down since I am short. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"