Babies on the Brain

Am I just being selfish?

DH and I have a 20 month old son. I am almost 34 and DH just turned 27. I am ready to have number 2. I think a lot of it for me is based on my age. I really don't want to wait a whole lot longer and would like the kids to be close in age. DH is in school and has about 5 semesters until starting a residency and then more school. He says he doesn't want to be in school when the new baby would be born and that during the residency would be easier. I am the one at home with the children (i only work two days a week and we will use day care then). Am I being selfish for wanting to do it now? Are my feelings about my age a legitimate concern?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker  

Re: Am I just being selfish?

• I think age is a concern and I would definitely point that out.  I had a doctor when I was 17 who told me that all women are fertile to 45....I moved on from that.  

But end of the day he has to be on board, and you have your reasons.  Just talk to him and see where the conversations go.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree with PP's as well.  You both need to be on board, but I see your concerns with your age.  Maybe wait a little bit and then have another conversation with H and explain your concerns. 
    Married DH - 5/31/14
    NTNP - September 2014
    TTC #1 - December 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"