January 2015 Moms

People say the dumbest things

2»

Re: People say the dumbest things

• Dumbest comment so far has been from the Wii. It's yelling at me for being "obese". Umm... nope. I'm two people! You'd think they'd have a setting for that, since the Wii Fit has some great, gentle workouts that are pretty ideal for us pregnant folks.
    ahahahahaha oh the cruel wii fit!  I LOVE doing wii fit when prego and post partum!!! it's great, I agree. I wish I could find my wii :( I can't find it anywhere, along with all my xbox games. I am not sure where I put them after our move last winter. I had to go out an re-purchase skyrim the other night. But I am not buying another wii.
  • My coworker asked when I was getting a paternity test done, like it was a normal thing that everyone would have done.

This person has met my husband several times, has had dinner with us, was at our wedding. I have no idea what possessed this person to say that.
  • Loading the player...
  • My mother has asked me a few different times if DH was happy about this baby and if others were happy for us.  The first time she asked if DH was happy about having another baby, I actually responded with something like, "Of course he's excited - what kind of response are you looking for with that question? Do you expect me to tell you he's not excited and is mad at me for having another?"  I had the same type of response for when she asked if everyone else is excited.  

My mother says things like this on a regular basis, though, so I really shouldn't be surprised.

Since we have 2 boys already, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, is telling me that this one is a girl or has to be a girl.  I think having a girl would be very cool, but I also would love to add another boy to the clan.  I can't help but wonder how everyone is going to react if it's another boy (we find out on Thursday).  We'll be perfectly happy with a healthy baby, but I don't know that others will be able to hide their disappointment... 
    Anniversary
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
      DS #1 born 8/3/06, DS #2 born 10/2/08
    TTC since 8/13 BFP 11/27/13, EDD: 8/3/14
    US 12/9 found 2 Gestational Sacs, MC 12/10/13 6w3d
    BFP #4 5/15/14, EDD: 1/25/14, HB 6/4/14 Movement 8/13/14
    All Welcome

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image
  • I haven't had much comment about the gender of my baby. I HAVE started to hear everybody's opinion about what I should and should not be eating now that I am starting to be visibly pregnant (I am tall and athletic so baby has mostly been growing up and held in pretty tightly by my abs). I'm sitting here like, "Yeah, right, sitting here near 22 weeks with a whopping weight gain of 7 lbs. I think my diet is between me and my OB and if I want the darn ice cream, Imma eat it."
  • We're Team Green.

I've had several people ask me if I'll try for a third if I have another girl.  I usually say that if we have a third child, it will be because we want a third child, not because we want a particular set of genitals.

mm 2/17/11 * dd born 4/20/12 * bo 1/3/14 * edd 1/211/15 

• Stargirlb said:
    Ok actually someone IRL did ask me if I was gonna get a cake for the 'gender reveal' after my ultrasound. I told them about my Idea of filling black balloons with ketchup and tiny baby figurines and then getting everyone to pop them with a pin and be like "surprise! We are having an abortion!" I told DH I posted that here too and that nobody liked it. He rolled his eyes and was like "Brittany, stop torturing these americans. Of course nobody liked it. What did you expect?"
    I just spit water all over my computer screen. Brilliant!!!

TTC since August 2011 Me: 31 DH: 33
    May-September 2012: Monitored cycles with Letrozole
    October 2012: Cancelled IUI
    April 2014: IVF #1 w/ ICSI
    ER: 4/15 ET: 4/20 Beta #1 4/29: 54 Beta#2 5/1: 90 
    1st ultrasound: 5/13 (6w1d): HB 103 2nd Ultrasound: 5/22 (7w3d) HB 151

• Every single time I tell people I'm having a girl, I get the same, "Oh, you must be happy it's a girl."  Apparently because I have lady parts I wanted a baby with lady parts.  Sure, I'm happy, but I was actually hoping for a boy.

@southernyankeegirl  I would have gone straight to the manager.  It would have taken all my energy not to punch that cashier directly in the face.  I'm angry just thinking about it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With DS, my delightful coworker asked me weekly "Are you sure there's just one in there??" Not sure if she was she trying to tell me I looked huge or scare me with the thought of two newborns. Either way, just shut up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"