December 2014 Moms

Is this my hormones or is my mother in law actually insane?!

2»

Re: Is this my hormones or is my mother in law actually insane?!

• I would be little bit annoyed if my MIL did this, but I don't think I would say anything to her. I'm sure she means well and honestly, it gives you more of a leg up in asking her if she will watch your LO once in a while since she has everything she needs. My mom and dad offered go watch our LO when I go back to work for a few months at our house and that seemed most reasonable for me (esp. since I don't have to drop him off -yay!), so they don't need anything for their house but we did include on the registry an extra car seat base which we intend to put in their car. If we don't get it, we will most likely just buy one for the convenience.
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

• edited August 2014
    I get it. You love your kid sooooo much more than all of us other moms who like to go out with our husbands. Or get haircuts. Or get papsmears. Or go to target alone. You win.
    Some of us never said that we had a problem with somebody being away from their child for whatever reason. I said that I never had the need, but thats still weird? perhaps for this child, I can invent reasons to need somebody to take my child, so that I'm not a weirdo.

Yes, the person who said the thing about breaks was offensive, but so was lumping all of us together, and calling us weird.
  • Loading the player...
  • edited August 2014
    I'm Ftm so I'll tread lightly here but I think it's healthy to continue working on your relationship with yourself after becoming a mom. My sister basically has made herself miserable by trying to raise two kids while working full time from home. Her house is always a complete disaster and she's embarrassed by it. She would make snide comments about not needing friends because she has a family now, etc. She realized much later how untrue this is. People put too much pressure on themselves to do it all. I think finding the right balance for your family is crucial. Balance being the most important word in this sentence.
    The Bolded times a bajillion. I'm a SAHM, I always wanted to be a SAHM and as soon as I  had the opportunity I jumped on it. I love spending time with my kids. That being said, there is more to my life than my kids, and they are only going to stay home for 18ish years. Hopefully my H sticks around for longer than that. I don't want to be one of those women who, once the kids are in HS/more independent/move out, is completely lost as to what I am as a person.

My relationship with my H is forever, and so we need time to nurture it, that includes getaways with out the kids for a night or two (gasp). We'll need friends, and while we all get together with our kids, its nice to do adult only things too! My SN may be MaineMamma, but Mothering is not the only thing I do in life.

That's just the thing though, my relationship never suffered. We are stronger than we have ever been. If you need alone time with your husband to focus on your relationship, that's perfectly fine. But it does not mean there is something wrong with us if we did it differently. we had plenty of alone time we are child was in bed. we did not need to leave the house and have a date night after our kid was born, because that was not something that we did before . Just because that is what you guys needed, doesn't mean the rest of our relationships suffered, either. That doesn't mean mine is better, just different.
  • As someone whose mom/MIL don't didn't even keep sippy cups stocked at their house I would love to have a MIL that excited!!

I have the MIL that is so absorbed with herself that it wouldn't even occur to her buy things much less keep my kids at her house.

I get that it can be annoying but trust me, having kids aged 9 and 6 who are rarely acknowledged or made time for is 100% more annoying.
  • My grandma on my fathers side makes a point to ignore my existence (even now as an adult). If she had to attend a birthday party she made it known how much she did not want to be there. Not that gift giving is whats important in life but she has never given me anything not even a card or a phone call. Not that your feelings aren't valid but maybe this perspective will change your mood. My SO and I are in college full time and work PT and still live at home. My MIL irks me more than anything on the planet but she pays my doctors bills and has been shopping up a storm. I'll take it.
  • My situation is different, my mother bought my stroller and pack and play from my registry and said they can be kept at her house because I will never use them and if I do she will be with me. Say what?! I am dealing with my mom still sees me as a child, not a 27 year old married adult. She thinks she will have be raising my child(this includes taking my infant to Florida for a month), so we have been butting heads and trying to work through it. But my MIL is currently in a hospital doing chemo treatments overly upset because she can't go to a store to buy baby things. There are different irrational emotions involved but their hearts are in the right place. Obviously you aren't comfortable with her buying items, but if it really doesn't effect your future purchases or what you equip your home with then it isn't worth the fight/stress/drama.
    D14 - Free For All
    In loving memory of Baby HP42 and all D14 Angel Babies

• hey, just think, you have a great place to "borrow" items you don't need to buy anymore lol ;)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"