Pregnant after 35

inconclusive harmony test

So I had the harmony test done about a month ago and it came back inconclusive. I Had It Repeated A Few Weeks Ago and again they called me yesterday and said it was inconclusive. . I'm so upset because I don't understand why two times? I have the option of CVS or amnio but not sure what to do? There's no history of downs syndrome in our family but I am 37 years old and I'm a paranoid person. I have not enjoyed my pregnancy at all like my first one. I didn't feel this worried or sick or upset the first time. All I've done is worry this time around.. has anyone else had inconclusive test results?

Re: inconclusive harmony test

• I don't have any experience to share, sorry.  Did they tell you why it was inconclusive?  Not enough DNA material?  How far along are you?

Everyone is different.  Some on this board don't do any testing at all.  If I were in your place though, I would go down the CVS/amnio route because it's important for me & DH to know.  Testing brings with it a lot of anxiety and we are offered new tests all the time.  Sometimes ignorance is bliss?  What do you think is important for you and your family?

There are other women, if you look through the threads, who have had ratios in their quad screens (I think?) showing their babies were likely(er) to have chromosomal defects, chose not to do anything about it and ended up with normal babies.
  • I took the panaroma test twice and both came back inconclusive. Going to try again after our 20 week ultrasound.
    Baby #1 MC November 2007
    Baby #2 MC June 2008
    Baby #3 Born April 2009
    Baby #4 due date February 2015

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Did they tell u why it was inconclusive? I haven't had a chance to speak to my doctor yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"