Multiples
Options

Nap routine

Do you have a nap routine to get your twins/multiples down at the same time?  Please tell me what works for you.  My girls (3 1/2 months, 2 1/2 months adjusted age) are all over the place with naps, resulting in very different wake schedules at night/early morning. 

Re: Nap routine

• Options
    There was no routine at that age.  We just started getting a same nap time routine at 8 months (6 1/2 adjusted).

Around 4 months, we started using the swings, which were great for napping in general but not for getting on the same schedule.  

D & L are here at 34 weeks 4 days by vaginal and breech delivery on 11/19/2013
    Two healthy boys weighing 4 lbs 15 ozs and 4 lbs 5 ozs.  Only 6 days in the NICU and getting bigger, stronger and cuter every day! 
  • Options
    Agreed. No nap schedule until closer to 7-8mo. I always tandem fed which led to napping at the same general time but no guarantees that I'd get them both to sleep at the same time. There were many times that they would sleep at different times and even now, they tend to wake up at different times.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you everyone.  Good to know this is normal :)

• Options
    We didn't have a real routine at that point, during the day they would just nap when they needed and we did one up both up for feedings. I don't think they settled into a loose 3 nap routine until more like 4 or 5 months. We did have them napping in swings from about 4 months to 6 and it helped a lot.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My guys are about to turn 5 months and I'm just starting to see a nap time develop naturally. I'm going to try to start encouraging more structure but not force it. I'm hoping to have them on a schedule by 7 months.

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    mine were also sttn at 3 months (12 hours), with bottles at 8,11,2,5 and 8. They are still on this schedule and STILL haven't settled into a set nap routine - they basically sleep between each bottle and will have one long nap each at some point. 

I am hoping in the next month or two they will drop at least ONE of their 4 naps, but as long as they keep sttn for 12 hours, I am not going to make too many changes!!! 
    ********************************************************************************************
    Married my best friend, June 8, 2008

5/17/13 BFP!!! 6/6/13 - OMG its TWINS!

Josie and Lexie were born on January 4, 2014 at 37w2d
    Josie was 5lbs2oz, Lexie was 4lbs15oz 
    Both had a 9 APGAR score with no NICU time
    Planned unscheduled C-Section due to both being breech
    We all went home on Jan 6th, 2 days after surgery

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • Options
    Ok...I am so jealous!  That is awesome that so many of you had your LO's STTN by 3 months.  Our girls have gone 6.5 hours the last two nights and we are hoping this is the start of STTN and not some weird fluke.  Naps remain to be figured out...seems like my smaller twin will take 2 decent naps during the day but her sister has no interest in anything other than a quick cat nap here and there.

• Options
    We are at 2 1/2 months and have no nap schedule. I haven't even tried to figured it out...although I have noticed that they both like to take a morning nap about 1 1/2- 2 hours after they wake up. So I guess that's a start!

Even without a day routine, they still go to bed at around the same time, get up once or twice, and wake up at around the same time. I consider ourselves lucky!

Baby Boy #1 born 1/15/2010

Babies #2 & #3 arriving Spring 2014 (EDD June 18)

• Options
    sasky said:
    We are at 2 1/2 months and have no nap schedule. I haven't even tried to figured it out...although I have noticed that they both like to take a morning nap about 1 1/2- 2 hours after they wake up. So I guess that's a start! Even without a day routine, they still go to bed at around the same time, get up once or twice, and wake up at around the same time. I consider ourselves lucky!
    It was around this age that I started noticing and writing down the sleeping and eating times. Then I went w/ that pattern for our "schedule." It seemed to be awhile before my babies could go more than 1.5-2 hours without needing to sleep, so I always put them down once that much time had passed since waking.....even during the horrible 4-5 month stage when every nap was a fight and they didn't always sleep.
  • Options
    My boys are almost 5 months and I know when they've been awake for 2 hours to look for sleepy cues. If they both do it at the same time I can pick them both up and bounce them in my arms on the yoga ball. Once asleep I move to the recliner and we all nap or I put them down in the Twin Z Pillow.
    image    image    image    image

• Options
    I disagree with most of the PP's, I think babies can nap on a schedule at a much earlier age. We started working on a nap schedule at 1 month and our girls took to it rather quickly. It was important for me to get all of my kids to share an afternoon nap time. I think that repetition is the key and it's important to set a nap time and put them down every day at that time. My two year old and 7 month old twins have been napping for 3ish hours starting at 1pm for months. It's totally possible!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always.
    As long as I'm living,
    my baby you'll be."
  • Options
    We used the 2 3 4 rule when they were a few months to try to get them on a schedule. If we saw sleep cues, we put them down earlier. I went back to with and they were on a decent schedule.

They have a set wake time and I wake them if they are not up. Otherwise it is harder to get them to take naps at all, even following the 2 3 4 rule.
  • Options
    No routine at that point. Generally slept after 2 hrs of being awake. Often naps were very short (20ish min). Even now, at 13 mos, there isn't a set schedule, just a rough estimate.
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"