August 2014 Moms
Options

How to get contractions consistent

Any advice? I have been having pretty strong contractions since 11pm but they aren't consistent and keep coming and going. Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How to get contractions consistent

• Options
    My doula advised walking to get contractions to pick up. But you might also want to consider a nap if possible to get your strength up for labor.
  • Options
    If you can't sleep through them, I would walk.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sleep if you can. If you can't sleep through them, bouncing/sitting on a birthing ball or walking is what helped mine regulate. That and just giving it time. They'll regulate eventually if it's time.

TTC September 2013 | BFP 11/21/13 | Chart | EDD 8/3/14 | It's a girl! 

DD born at 42 weeks 1 day | 8/18/14 5:33am | 8lbs 4oz 20.25in of perfection!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Mine never got consistent. I tried walking, squats, red rasberry leaf tea, showering, etc. (all after my water broke) I just ended up napping bc I wore myself out and knew I still had to get through the hard part! I had to be put on pitocin (luckily only a little) to get contax regular.
  • Options
    The "Miles circuit" is supposed to get baby in the right position. My doula sent it to me when my water broke but contractions weren't consistent. Worth a shot.

https://www.milescircuit.com/printable-version.html

• Options
    Just wanted to say: I'm in the same boat so I feel your frustration.

And the exaggerated Sims position from the Miles Circuit is how I always sleep :)

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"