TTC After a Loss

Wierd Period

edited August 2014 in TTC After a Loss
So i must say i'm alittle wierded out by this. I finally got my first AF since the miscarriage bleed, Thurs night (Noticed some pink on the tissue when wiping) but its been super light. This was at the end of the 12th day from ovulation...I thought for sure a full flow would've picked up the next day, or deffinitely by now. All it is is spotting. I dont even know if i'd call this a period. Not to mention my temps are still higher than they should be.....It dropped slightly one day (When the bleeding started) then went back up a bit which really made me wonder. The whole thing still has me baffled, i've never experienced a period quite like this before. Its very unusual.......Well thanks in advance for helping me make some sense of this

Re: Wierd Period

• Mine was similar and still are lighter than normal. Sorry AF is in town.

December 4                     image

Married-1/2012
    TTC-8/2013   BFP-4/18/14  EDD: 12/29/12 MC-5/17/14 @ 7w4d
    BFP #2-11/13/14  EDD: 7/26/14  Beta #1: 11/14/13 (135 progesterone: 19.5)   Beta #2" 11/17/14 (733 ) 
    Hoping for good news!

Everyone Welcome

• I had a lot of spotting the first few months. It takes some time for your body to get back I to the swing of things.

***TTCAL January siggy challenge ***
  • Loading the player...
  • It's completely normal for cycles to be wonky for several months after a loss, especially so the first period after a loss. Your body has been through a trauma, it needs time to figure itself out, That can mean either heavier or lighter periods, more or less spotting thatn you're used to, earlier or later ovulation, etc. Pretty much anything can be expected really. The only thing that should cause real concern is severe pain or excessive bleeding i.e. if you bleed through a pad in under an hour. Anything else really is part of the process of finding your body's new normal.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Yep cycles after a loss can we weird. Some ladies never go back to their "normal". Just ride it out. There's nothing you can really do. You aren't TTC this cycle right?

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

BFP 8/2/12 EDD 4/9/13 Addie was delivered 1/4/13 at 26 weeks due to Eclampsia  

BFP 9/15/14 EDD 5/28/15 Please be our R A I N B O W take home baby BOY
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• I know my cycles have been wonky since my loss. Everyones body is different. As previous posters have stated, if you're concerned, call your Dr. That is why they are there.

@poppy715 I love your Tim GIF!!! :D
  • I feel better knowing that this is a common thing and that there's nothing to really be concerned about, i expected to hear these answers. I miscarried on July 27th so about a month ago. I was actually planning on ttc, as my doctor has cleared us once af came. Is that not typical ??
  • @sassygirl51486 you should make yourself a signature that states your information so that people know what how to better answer you! :)

Did you have a D&C? If so, I think that a lot of women will tell you that their dr.'s recommended a wait period of 1-3 cycles depending on their specific situation. I am no expert, I didn't have a D&C, but that's just kind of what I've gathered from reading all the threads. 
  • Nope it was natural so that helps speed up the healing time. They've been monitoring my hcg blood levels which are now down to 9
  • rslh10 said:
    @sassygirl51486 you should make yourself a signature that states your information so that people know what how to better answer you! :)

Yes, please put some of your info in your siggy - if you plan to be an ongoing member of this board asking for advice regularly, it really helps for us to know your specifics.  It's really hard to remember and keep everyone's history straight just based on the name, you'll get better and more helpful responses if we 'know' who you are through your siggy.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• I feel better knowing that this is a common thing and that there's nothing to really be concerned about, i expected to hear these answers. I miscarried on July 27th so about a month ago. I was actually planning on ttc, as my doctor has cleared us once af came. Is that not typical ??

Have you read through the blog? This is a very common question. Cycles can get cray after a loss. You are not alone on this. It's very normal.

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

BFP 8/2/12 EDD 4/9/13 Addie was delivered 1/4/13 at 26 weeks due to Eclampsia  

BFP 9/15/14 EDD 5/28/15 Please be our R A I N B O W take home baby BOY
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• My first AF after my miscarriage was way off of my norm. I think I spotted for about 5 days before it turned into a normal AF but then I spotted again for a few days afterward. My cycle did change a little after, still adjusting to my new norm
    Give it time. Hopefully your body will get into a normal cycle again soon GL and TP
    BabyFruit Ticker

image      image

• Thank you for this post...I was expecting my af this weekend due to when I THOUGHT I was ovulating (not charting just yet..was basing this on some ovulation symptoms but purely speculating) and I did get some bleeding right when i thought it would. But its seriously just very light spotting. .I was wondering if this even counts as a period!! From reading these comments I guess it does!! So I guess I can celebrate my AF coming back!!

~TTC #1 Since 3/2014
    ~BFP #1 6/2014 
    EDD 2/11/15
    ~MMC 7/31/14 @12weeks ~D&C /2/2014  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"