February 2015 Moms

Bras!!! Nursing Bras!

17 weeks (first baby) and I was 34 DD prior to pregnancy. I went the Motherhood store and lady suggested a 36 E and said that they would not grow much more. The bras fit good but if there is any grown I am afraid that I will need to go buy again. These we not cheap bras so I really wanted them to last through out pregnancy and into nursing. I need Help, how much did your boobs grow? Have you bought new bras? Should I look into getting a larger cup size just in case??? HELP PLEASE! Thanks

Re: Bras!!! Nursing Bras!

• I went and got fitted after my LO was born, I went up about 1 cup size and 1 bandwidth. However I'm much smaller up top, 34a normally. I really did not like the nursing bras bc I found it difficult to deal with getting the bra to stay down, but I think that had to do with being small up top! I ended up buying nursing tanks and wearing those 95% of the time but I know my friends with larger boobs needed the support of a bra. The same friends also went up a few cup sizes so I think its hard to know what your body will do until it happens! I would wait if you can until closer to time or even after baby is born.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've already gone up a full cup size and bandwidth (15 weeks). I went to target and got 2 nursing bras that are more comfortable than what I was wearing. I figure if I can continue to use them through the rest of pregnancy and nursing great, if not I am not out a lot of money. They were much cheaper than motherhood maternity.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I went up a full cup size during pregnancy with number 1, 2 & now number three. (C to D) Once breast feeding commenced with the first two I went up another cup size for comfort due to breast engorgement. Luckily, I kept the larger bras and can use them with baby number 3. Everyone is different...Playtex makes a nice supportive nursing bra that's not that expensive. You can find them at Walmart and Sears. Medala bras are nice but pricy.
  • I was at a 34B pre-pregnancy and am now measuring a 36/38C at only 18 weeks. I'm sure I will go up another cup size when I start nursing. I'm going to get a new bra soon, and will wait for other ones until closer to the due date.
  • I was up 2 cup sizes by 8 weeks with this pregnancy (FTM). I was told to expect to gain another cup size when the milk comes in (at least). I have prepped DH to be able to go to a department store after delivery and get me bigger sizes if needed (after we take measurements at home).
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Oh, to compare, I was a C prepreg, now I'm a DD for the time being. My boobs hurt again so I think they are growing.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • With my first pregnancy I was a 34D pre pregnancy and went to motherhood maternity every few months and bought new bras because I can't stand a tight bra that my boobs are falling out of! These are the sizes I went through: 36DD, 36E, 38E, 40D. By the time my son was 10ish months probably I was in a 34D again and that never changed from breastfeeding to drying up (nursed birth-14 months). After all of that I have to say I never loved motherhood nursing bras but didn't really find any other options I loved until I was just about done nursing... I highly highly recommend bravado silk seamless nursing bras. They aren't cheap but so worth it!!! And they grow with you so you can wear them throughout many sizes! Target.com sometimes has them on sale and you can return to the store if you don't like them :)
  • Don't get measured until you're about 8 months pg.  It's silly at this point bc things can change (but great for the stores bc they can sell you things and you can't return them). 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• It's hard to tell, as it varies so much. I had to size up twice during pregnancy and again when my milk came in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"