Toddlers: 24 Months+

xp do toddlers need rainboots?

OK so I bumped up a level because I figured you guys have probably been through this debate already...So I fell in love with these cute fireman rainboots that match my almost-2-year-old's rainjacket. He wears a size 7 now, but I thought maybe I should size up to an 8 so they'll last through the spring, since it's the kind of item I know we won't get too many wears out of anyways. But then it seems silly if he's pretty much swimming in them for now... So what did you guys do? We do like to go outside a lot in all seasons, but how much of a necessity are rainboots anyways?

Re: xp do toddlers need rainboots?

• Unless you live someplace like a city where you walk most places, I don't think they are necessary. DD insisted on wearing hers every time it was raining, even if I was just carrying her to and from the car. Which meant I had to pack her shoes in the diaper bag to change out of the boots when we got wherever we were going. Total PITA.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We have a pair of rain boots for my two year old from size 4 up. He loves them and wears them a lot. But we are in Seattle. It probably depends on how wet it is where you live.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree it depends on where you live. Up until moving to the country I never saw a reason for them. Now, I like the idea of wearing them around the farm so they don't ruin all their shoes. DD can wear her rain boots to school and change into shoes once there so her shoes stay nice and mud free.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Need them, probably not. But we use them to stomp in puddles after rain storms, to go blueberry picking in the summer, the few times it sleeted/iced this winter to keep feet dry but allowed them to play outside. DD is obsessed with boots of any kind, so rain boots are right up her alley!
    imageimage
  • I consider them necessary, but we live in Portland. He's had a pair of rain boots since he could walk and we've gotten plenty of use out of them every year. They're great for rainy day walks, splashing in puddles, and the muddy pumpkin patch and Christmas tree farm during the holidays.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree about it depending on your lifestyle and where you live.  There's also the cuteness factor.  I will say that most of the mainsteam ones I've seen are REALLY heavy and hard for a smaller kid to walk in.  I have some really nice ones I got off Zulily (JoJoman Bebe) that are made in England and they're much lighter. They just had the brand for sale again last week and since he's outgrown the first pair, I bought new ones!
  • All five of my kids who are walking absolutely love their rain boots from the time they were thirteen months and up.  We do live in the country.
  • Mine loves his rainboots and they get a lot of use in the winter.  This town ain't built for rain - so everytime it rains, everything floods.  His teachers at school always really appreciated the boots too, because he didn't track wet into the classrooms, and he was able to play outside without having to have the whole "wet sock" fiasco that some of his non-booted classmates had.

We've also had some killer rainstorms here the past month, and he loves to put on his boots and play outside in the rain - jumping in puddles and splashing about.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Kind of like pp - how often will you really use them?

Our LO has rain boots but they stay at the ILs farm, she needs them to wear to the barn. We had a pair at the house but she never used them because I don't take her outside if it's wet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"