Trouble TTC

IF Invading MY Sleep (pregnancies mentioned)

The past two night's I've had the strangest dreams.  I should preface this by saying that 99% of the time I either don't dream or don't remember them as soon as I wake up.  Well, that changed this weekend when for two night I've had dreams about IF!  I'm not sure if I should call them dreams or nightmares because last night's was particularly disturbing.  I think I was at in-person support group for IF with my DH when all these people I know with kids starting walking in and telling me they're all pregnant again, or that I just need more time or all this other weird stuff.  Then, Guiliana Rancic (I think that's how you spell her name, the like E correspondent with a TV show with her husband who's struggled with IF) walked in and was talking to me about just hanging in there.  It was SOOO weird.  I'm not even a fan of hers or her shows I just know her from reading People so that was particularly strange of my self-conscious.

Anyway, I don't know who else to share this craziness with so I thought maybe you ladies would appreciate it.

Anyone else find weird IF stuff invading their dreams?
Me: 31 (PCOS) possible right tube issues DH: 36 (SA normal) 
Started dating in 2006, Married 2012 
TTC since November 2013 
First RE visit due to irregular periods: June 2014
Lap/Hysto to remove polyps, cyst and tube blockage 11/6
Cycle 1 (Dec. 2014) TI with Clomid, Trigger, & Progesterone CX due to no response
Impatiently Waiting CD1 to try again with Fermara Back on the bench due to giant cyst,
who know I'd ovulate on my own after a cancelled cycle and end up with a mega cyst :(
All Welcome

Re: IF Invading MY Sleep (pregnancies mentioned)

• Im like you in that I almost never remember my dreams, but I've had a few nasty if ones. I was particularly upset about one in which my best friend had lied to me about not being pregnant and it turned out she actually was - in the dream she was mean and told me she was glad I wasn't pregnant and that we should sync our cycles to try together, only it turned out she was already pregnant. Weird dream.

Official diagnosis: Unexplained IF. I am 32. I have low ovarian reserve (low AMH), and poor egg quality. I've also been diagnosed with mild glandular developmental arrest (lining problems, detected with EFT).

We are using open ID donor sperm. IUIs #1-7=BFN. IVF September 2014 antagonist protocol, 8R,5M,3F, 5 day transfer of 1 morula = BFN. IVF#2 planned for January 2015 (antagonist protocol + HGH).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• (((HUGS))), sorry about the dreams/nightmares!  I feel like IF has given me the strangest and most vivid dreams too.  I wake up feeling so weird as I piece together the events of the dream!  I once dreamed that I finally did get pregnant and my dog Jasmine was really jealous of the baby when she was 1st born.  I started breast feeding my dog right after I'd feed my baby to appease her.  Talk about bizarre!!  I've had other dreams too that run the gamut from hearing about other people's BFPs, being in labor and having different things go wrong in my medicated IUI cycles.  
    **Formerly EastBayBride508**

Me 34   Him 33

Me - Left salpingo-oophorectomy at 19 due to large cyst/torsion  and 2 large uterine fibroids found at age 30
    Him - Borderline low sperm count (correcting through Fertility Blend supplement)

Married 8/20/2011
    TTC #1 since Jan 2013
    First appointment with RE 10/2013.  
    April 2014 - Clomid 100mg CD3-7.  HCG shot CD10 IUI #1 done on 4/12/14 (CD12) ....BFN
    May 2014 - Break cycle to repeat saline sonogram and re-group.  Travel to Kauai 5/7-5/12 (Yay!!)
    June 2014 - Clomid 150mg CD4-8.  HCG shot CD14.  IUI#2 done on 6/9 and 6/10 (CD15-16) w/ Prometrium suppositories during TWW .... BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 150mg CD3-7.  Ultrasound CD12 - 4 mature follies! HCG trigger shot CD12 AM.  IUI#3 on CD13 w/ Prometrium suppositories during TWW ....BFN
    July 2014 - Repeat ultrasound done to measure size of fibroid - 8x9cm (the size of a grapefruit!) Surgery referral made.
    August 2014 - MRI done which revealed 2 fibroids: a 13x15cm fibroid as well as an 8x7cm one.  Super freak out mode over surgery plan.  OB-GYN/surgeon said surgery would most likely have to be a laparotomy (open abdominal surgery)
    August 2014 - After a 2nd opinion, plan to take Lupron x 2 months to shrink fibroids then laparoscopic/robotic myomectomy.  Surgery date is set for Nov 21st!  
    November 2014 - Robotic myomectomy done (2 large fibroids removed, mild endo found).  Benched x 3 months

PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I've definitely had weird IF dreams. Most of them are unpleasant. The progesterone contributes to vivid dreams as do folgard (prescription B viatmins) so I usually assume that's the cause. But ick. Poor all of us.

***** All Welcome *****
    ***** Siggy Warning *****

TTC since Dec, 2012. Me: 33; DH: 34

- Ultrasound to look at "lay of the land": normal
    - Blood work: normal
    - OPKs and ultrasound to confirm ovulation: Yes
    - SA for DH: Normal (a couple numbers on the low side of normal)
    - HSG: Normal
    - Doing several cycles of Letrozole, TI and progesterone
        - Aug cycle of Letrozole, TI and progesterone came back with a BFP-MC at 7 weeks.
    - Benched until Jan
    - Starting Letrozole, TI, Progesteron and HCG Trigger in Feb cycle

• I had never had any IF related dreams until last night! I read this post yesterday so I wonder if it subconsciously caused me to have the dream?? Anyway I dreamed that my younger sister, who just got engaged (wedding date set for over a year from now) announced she was pregnant and was moving up the wedding.

It especially bothered me because I've always had this weird arbitrary goal in my head that I want to have a baby before my sister gets married. Or at least before she has a baby... basically just because I'm older. I feel like a jerk for thinking that - I know life is not a race! I know my milestones have nothing to do with her milestones. But to have her pregnant right now? Dream me was not amused.
    Married in 2011, NTNP until early 2012, TTC since early 2012

My husband was diagnosed with state IV colon cancer in 2009. Surgery and six rounds of chemo left him in remission (yay!) but with low testosterone. He took Androgel for two years starting in Jan 2011.
    -SA in Jan 2013: big fat zero; stopped Androgel
    -varicocelectomy in June 2013
    -SA in Dec 2013: 23mil/ml, really low morph
    -SA in March 2014: Count doubled! Morphology apparently no longer an issue.

Treatments:
    April 2014: hysteroscopy
    June 2014: TI (clomid/bravelle/ovidrel: 2 folliclces) = BFN
    July 2014: IUI#1 (clomid/bravelle/ovidrel; 1 follicle, 23mil post-wash) = BFN
    August 2014: IUI#2 (clomid/bravelle/ovidrel; 1 follicle, 43mil post-wash) = BFN
    September 2014: IUI#3 (clomid/bravelle/ovidrel; 2 follicles, 15mil post-wash) = BFN
    October 2014: IUI#4 (clomid/bravelle/ovidrel; 1-2 follicles, 12mil post-wash) = BFN
    November 2014: IUI#5 (clomid/bravelle/ovidrel: 1 follicle, 23mil post-wash) = BFN
    December 2014: IUI#6 (gonal-f/ovidrel): 2 follicles, 55mil post-wash) = ???

*all are welcome!*

• Thanks all for feeling/sharing my pain!  @kkeglar13 and @saritacw I'm not on any hormones or anything right now so it's not that.  I guess it's just general anxiety/stress...
    Me: 31 (PCOS) possible right tube issues DH: 36 (SA normal) 
    Started dating in 2006, Married 2012 
    TTC since November 2013 
    First RE visit due to irregular periods: June 2014
    Lap/Hysto to remove polyps, cyst and tube blockage 11/6
    Cycle 1 (Dec. 2014) TI with Clomid, Trigger, & Progesterone CX due to no response
    Impatiently Waiting CD1 to try again with Fermara Back on the bench due to giant cyst,
    who know I'd ovulate on my own after a cancelled cycle and end up with a mega cyst :(
    All Welcome

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"