October 2014 Moms

Book Review: The Yoga Birth Method

@saragoeswest and anyone else who enjoys the practice of yoga: I checked out this book (by Dorothy Guerra) from my library on Friday. I've read through most of it & would definitely recommend it. It's a short read, since much of the book covers which poses and breaths are good for the prenatal period and for the different stages of labor. It also covers the other limbs or steps of a yogic lifestyle (Intent to Refrain from Negative Behaviors, Intent to Practice Positive Behaviors, Postures, Breath Energy, Sense Withdrawal, Mindfulness, Meditation, and Enlightenment) and how they apply to giving birth. I really like that the author talks about how to apply these steps to cope with interventions and complications, like prolonged & arrested labor and induction.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Book Review: The Yoga Birth Method

• Okay cool! I don't really want to buy it but I will definitely go see if it's at my library!

imageimageimage
  • Just bought it and yoga blocks and have been taking yoga throughout my pregnancy. Thanks for the review.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the recommendation. I enjoy yoga as well and have been practicing throughout my pregnancy. I think it has made a world of difference with the general tightness, aches and pains that are associated with being pregnant. I'll definitely check out this book.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"